This is working as intended?

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

This is working as intended?

@EA_David @EA_Atic 

Apex Ranked Arenas. For some reason I really do not think the AP system is really working as intended. I know I am not that good at the game but this system is totally messed up in my honest opinion. I understand that you have to win to get points and if you lose you lose points. As a solo you are dependent on the other players with you (randoms) and well no matter how well you play as an individual the other players can cost you points as we all know not everyone can constantly 1 v 3 for the win and yes I am not the best player so other players my suffer for me being on their team as well. That being said I have looked at my last 61 games and I have a win rate of 46% and that is not good but also not fully dependent on my play some of those games I lost I had 6 + kills and over 2k damage however a loss is a loss. In those last 61 games I am averaging  +14.5 pts for a win and -14 pts for a loss. seriously at that rate it would take forever to get anywhere. 

The point award system seems to be messed up bad and is also not very transparent. The Arena AP system should be clear so that each player knows more of what to do to gain points and how many they would gain for doing that. What is the point of, and yes I did this, 8 kills and 3900+ damage in a game for all of +12 AP.

I am currently stuck at mostly getting +12 or -12 with a sprinkling of  higher or lower gains losses in the last 61 games I have not had a loss or gain higher than 33.

Please explain the AP system better. Better yet fix the system or completely change it. The current ambiguous AP system is not good and hurting Arena Ranked play. 

I know I need to get good, but I also know that an average player should be able to slowly advance and not literally be at a standstill. 

Looking forward to EA's reply and feedback.

Good day to all.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 1 of 7 (348 Views)

Re: This is working as intended?

★ Expert

Same here. As a solo player I cannot get anywhere. If I string a couple of wins together my reward is two newb TMs v a 3-stack. Two defeats and I'm back to square one.

A week ago I had an amazing run of 18 wins out of 19 games but since then I have gone nowhere.

Message 2 of 7 (330 Views)

@EdwardDLuffy 

I feel your pain. Really wish there was more transparency to the Arena AP situation. Currently it is frustrating.

Thank you for your reply.

Hopefully EA replies as well.

The needs of the many,

Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 7 (323 Views)

Community Manager
@Asmodeus566   Thanks for the post, there's been a lot of similar feedback from folks. 

Unfortunately I can't offer any specifics past what's already given here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/arenas-ranked

If and when there's any updates on changes, or more detailed breakdowns of progression, we will of course share them with folks.

However for my part I can't really speculate or make any promises. 
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_David 

I genuinely thank you for your response, your time and consideration to my question and concerns, even if the answer is not what I was immediately hoping for.  Keep up the good work and maybe in the near future Arenas Ranked will get tweaked so that it works better. 

Again thank you for responding.

The needs of the many,

Message 5 of 7 (295 Views)

★ Expert

My arenas experience today:

+12 +12 +12 +14 +12 +12 0 +12 -13 0 -15 +16 +12

Annoyingly, I got the same for my last game where I dominated (5 kills out of the nine, more damage than my TMs added together and the total enemy team added together, zero knocks) as I did for one of the early games where I was absolutely trash.

Message 6 of 7 (255 Views)

@EdwardDLuffy 

well i would say good for you at least positive points on the day. even though it is a slow crawl.

My day was worse i did not play so well but my teammates were worse lost 7 of 8 games and had a 0 round to go with it. 

Did some math have played about 200 ranked Arena games win/lose about half. this equals out to me overall gaining about .25 points per game. 

I do not see the worth in playing Arenas as a solo anymore. one bad teammate = a loss. I know I am not a good player but I really cant be that bad. 

well have fun in Arenas ranked I am pretty much done with it until the change the points system for it along with match making.

Ranked BR is so much better, win the early fight, play for positioning and get a kill or two along the way and set up for the end game. it is so much clearer how to get your points and a bad teammate doesn't handicap you as much.

I guess I will start my grind in BR Ranked tonight.   

The needs of the many,

Message 7 of 7 (222 Views)