Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: This is the game?

by AngelicEnforcer

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@Bistoory wrote:   Wrong, people are already farming end-game content which consist of 3 strongholds and few contracts with different difficulties AND that's all.

So... there's something like 8 hours of story?  Then just basically what we were left with in the demo?  Including the higher difficulties?  So it's just grinding for higher quality gear but we're left with just a few Strongholds and a few contracts that NPCs dish out to get at that stuff?  Doesn't sound great....
Message 31 of 45 (219 Views)

★★★ Guide

I haven't gotten to endgame yet, but yeah that seems it. Grind for the loot, do challenges. Similar to the way Warframe handles content.

Message 32 of 45 (215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Nightgard wrote:

"The game just came out, and the entire selling point is that it will be updated with new content for years. If you slammed through 20 hours of content yesterday and are complaining that you're bored now, that's on you. Congrats, you burnt yourself out on the game and blew through the current content"

This guy gets it.

next update is in March (that's in 2 weeks) and Anthem official release is February 22.

I agree you can get games with far more content for that price , on release. But usually those game won't give you more to play for the next year or so. 
It's a different approach here, like Warframe did. 

And honestly it's worth a shot for developers. With publishers like EA always pushing them, with that method they can release what's finished about the game (makes the publisher happy) and give us the rest, also finished and polished later.
You'll get your entire game worth all your money. 

How many games so far have you seen rushed out to please the publisher ? It's plaguing the industry. 

What you have in Anthem right now is not huge. But it's polished. Games runs perfectly, no crash, no bugs. 
And I rather have that and next content in 2 to 4 weeks than the entire game now, unplayable full of bugs and that will never get fixed like Andromeda. 

Well  said: HERE; HERE !!   Cool
This guy GETS IT !!   :eahigh_file:

Message 33 of 45 (186 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would point out that if you are approaching the goals in Anthem like the grind in Destiny you are sorely mistaken.

If you like to rush to complete then the game will simply be a grind that you are doing to get to the end and go play something else which in no way helps this community or the game development. The 100 public events are there as a record or accomplishment not simply to be grinded out.

Those players who are interested in exploring, helping others and enjoying the game will find that the 100 events will be done in no time without any concern for a grind.

I would encourage anyone to chech their Bungie luggage at the door. This is a brand new game and can become something far greater than Destiny ever will but, it starts with gamers willing to change their own attitudes towards games. This is not for players here as a battle arena shooter or a repetitive Destiny check list every week. We are on the ground floor of a story just beginning to be told and our characters are designed to evolve with it based upon our decisions.

There are plenty of other games out there if you are not interested in team building, community oriented, story driven games. Bioware take notice that these gamers are not here to promote the long term health of this game but, only want to have an "I win" button so they have time to play something else. If that is the case just do what you want here and go play another game but, do not continue to bash the game for those who want it to succeed.

Message 34 of 45 (172 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know during the demo I visited the bartender and several other NPCs throughout the time I spent and they constantly had story arc changes based upon my previous responses.

I hope Bioware realizes they will not be able to please certain people and therefore they should not cater to them. This was exactly Bungie's mistake with Destiny.

Message 35 of 45 (169 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is a BAIT post-

Destiny fans who don't like Anthem just baited Anthem fans to compare games and flame each other.

IF Destiny is that great, why are Destiny fans here playing Anthem? Why are they spending time writing how much they dislike Anthem when they could be playing Destiny 2?

This entire discussion is a joke.

Message 36 of 45 (162 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Are you mental? No crashes? No bugs? I literally haven't been able to play past the Tombs quest because my game isn't registering my Challenges log. That'll be fixed on the 'day one' patch. So hey, I spent a lot of $$ for an unplayable heap. I was beyond hyped for this. The only thing I feel right now is disappointment.
Message 37 of 45 (152 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would encourage you to research the current player numbers for for Destiny. Your facts do not align with the current reality of that game. There are less than 800,000 players logging in at any given time and this week had a celebration event while the numbers continue to drop. When Anthem goes live on all platforms Destiny will suffer huge losses and less than 500, 000 players for a AAA title indicates life support in about to be pulled.

I know that I will be one of the players that is leaving that franchise permanently as of Feb. 22nd.

Message 38 of 45 (144 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AngelicEnforcer wrote:

I would point out that if you are approaching the goals in Anthem like the grind in Destiny you are sorely mistaken.

If you like to rush to complete then the game will simply be a grind that you are doing to get to the end and go play something else which in no way helps this community or the game development. The 100 public events are there as a record or accomplishment not simply to be grinded out.

Those players who are interested in exploring, helping others and enjoying the game will find that the 100 events will be done in no time without any concern for a grind.

I would encourage anyone to chech their Bungie luggage at the door. This is a brand new game and can become something far greater than Destiny ever will but, it starts with gamers willing to change their own attitudes towards games. This is not for players here as a battle arena shooter or a repetitive Destiny check list every week. We are on the ground floor of a story just beginning to be told and our characters are designed to evolve with it based upon our decisions.

There are plenty of other games out there if you are not interested in team building, community oriented, story driven games. Bioware take notice that these gamers are not here to promote the long term health of this game but, only want to have an "I win" button so they have time to play something else. If that is the case just do what you want here and go play another game but, do not continue to bash the game for those who want it to succeed.

My thoughts exactly. Too many people in too big a hurry to "finish the game"

Play to enjoy... not to complete Wink

Message 39 of 45 (141 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AngelicEnforcer wrote:

I know during the demo I visited the bartender and several other NPCs throughout the time I spent and they constantly had story arc changes based upon my previous responses.

I hope Bioware realizes they will not be able to please certain people and therefore they should not cater to them. This was exactly Bungie's mistake with Destiny.

You are correct! Bungie fell victim to the PVP crowd and remade their ENTIRE GAME (Destiny2) because of weapon balancing, to appease a small group of very loud complainers. In the end the franchise suffered horribly for it, and those same people who complained the loudest are now gone from Destiny playing something else ( I know some of them well Wink

I hope Bioware and its fanbase/players have the fortitude to weather the storm of complaints and stay with the story driven, teamwork oriented design.

** But it is CRITICAL that Anthem release new material frequently to keep the game fresh, interesting, and moving along. If Bioware just wipes its hands on its pants and says "well there you go" then it may get stale quickly...  Need to keep new content rolling out

See everyone in the sky 2.22  !!

Message 40 of 45 (138 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help