Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: This is the game?

by Nightgard

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@AkuziXBL wrote:

Keep in mind that comparisons to Destiny's lore/backstory/main campaign are pretty stupid considering Bungie's IP has had the benefit of 4.5 years or so of development..

And them got 5 years of development.

Message 11 of 45 (406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Anthem feels like freeroaming in Andromeda, glad i didnt pay for it.

Message 12 of 45 (400 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Game is just grinding busy work bs even the missions for the story nothing about it feels epic just feels like you are bouncing from * work to * work just another failed looter shooter glad i got it through origin premier its like destiny pretty wrapping with nothing inside
Message 13 of 45 (397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is getting absurd. Destiny is not trash. The game has absolutely solid shooting mechanics, probably the best for a FPS. The loot/leveling is great. Some of the story beats are excellent. Maps are great. Enemies could use a bit more variety, but each one fights differently and necessitates differing tactics. 

People absolutely love hating on Destiny, yet an incredible amount of people still seem to be playing it. Are they all stupid? Couple million people are stupid and like a trash game? Give me a break. If you don't like it, that's your opinion and it's pretty weird that you have an extreme level of disdain for a game that is arguably better than at least 80% of games that exist. I'd even argue you couldn't find a better sci-fi looter shooter until yesterday. 

Anthem has excellent shooting mechanics. The abilities are fun and swappable. Incredible graphics. Great sound design. A fair amount of customization on day one. The story missions are well done. Just like that's my opinion, your opinion is that it's "trash." If you don't like the game, I don't understand why you're here. You're not offering any specifics or ways they could improve anything. 

The game just came out, and the entire selling point is that it will be updated with new content for years. If you slammed through 20 hours of content yesterday and are complaining that you're bored now, that's on you. Congrats, you burnt yourself out on the game and blew through the current content. I have a feeling you didn't even do that. I have a feeling you adjusted your fedora and came here to say "this normie trash is below me and I could do so much better, but nobody listens to me and my brilliant ideas that I'm keeping to myself."

Unless you put this much energy into your hatred for all games that you don't like, I'd love to understand why you give special hate treatment to Anthem and Destiny. 

Message 14 of 45 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@deaddistributor wrote:

This is getting absurd. Destiny is not trash. The game has absolutely solid shooting mechanics, probably the best for a FPS. The loot/leveling is great. Some of the story beats are excellent. Maps are great. Enemies could use a bit more variety, but each one fights differently and necessitates differing tactics. 

Nothing is great about vanilla game that costs 60$ except shooting. Mechanics for shooting is good. Thats all. The end.

Once you finished your generic, boring, irrelevent resident sleeper campaign you're left with nothing to do for pve that has matchmaking other than regular strikes and will be stuck at power level of roughly 260 because you will hit an artificial ceiling. So without clans or friends as a solo player you will be grinding same trash public events you did all the campaign and normal strikes over and over over and over until you go crazy from it. And those regular strikes not only dont give you anything valuable, they're not even a tiny bit hard or anything like that.

And I could not care less about its seasons passes of a cost of like 60% of the game each year. Especially since like only one of the dlcs is actually good, the rest is just as awful as the campaign but with additional grind.

Unless you put this much energy into your hatred for all games that you don't like, I'd love to understand why you give special hate treatment to Anthem and Destiny. - The yare both just as awful. It takes not being Destiny fanboy to admit it. Not worth even a quarter of its cost. Its that simple. And they are very similar, a vain dull soulless AAA game that fell in love with their beauty and never bothered to build a functioning world around it, characters or anything else. I mean at leats in Destiny you had Cayde and I rememberred some other names, at least I listened to some dialogues and watched cutscenes. Not here!

You probably like that trash for the same reason I detest it, because Anthem and Destiny are two very alike, dull and dead game with pretty graphics. So if you liked one you would like that too, thats a no brainer.

Message 15 of 45 (372 Views)

★★★ Guide

@IIIIINexus wrote:

Course there are.

Enjoy your 100 public events goal.

4000 Coins?  What a joke.  You can get that quickly doing other missions for a couple hours.  The rest of the rewards are decent.  

Message 16 of 45 (358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The reason i refered to destiny (destiny 1 not 2) is the same lack of content at release. I find it a effrontery from EA/Bioware (and also bungie with destiny) to charge a full 60 dollars for a game, that you played trough in 10h. Yes you can continue grinding for better gear, make dailys/weeklys/monthlys, but for what? There is no reason for me to continue playing after finished the "story".

And thats just my opinion.

I will certainly not buy anthem 2, like i did with destiny.

Message 17 of 45 (340 Views)

★★★ Guide

@deaddistributor wrote:

People absolutely love hating on Destiny, yet an incredible amount of people still seem to be playing it. Are they all stupid? Couple million people are stupid and like a trash game? Give me a break. If you don't like it, that's your opinion and it's pretty weird that you have an extreme level of disdain for a game that is arguably better than at least 80% of games that exist. I'd even argue you couldn't find a better sci-fi looter shooter until yesterday. 

Anthem has excellent shooting mechanics. The abilities are fun and swappable. Incredible graphics. Great sound design. A fair amount of customization on day one. The story missions are well done. Just like that's my opinion, your opinion is that it's "trash." If you don't like the game, I don't understand why you're here. You're not offering any specifics or ways they could improve anything. 

The game just came out, and the entire selling point is that it will be updated with new content for years. If you slammed through 20 hours of content yesterday and are complaining that you're bored now, that's on you. Congrats, you burnt yourself out on the game and blew through the current content. I have a feeling you didn't even do that. I have a feeling you adjusted your fedora and came here to say "this normie trash is below me and I could do so much better, but nobody listens to me and my brilliant ideas that I'm keeping to myself."

Unless you put this much energy into your hatred for all games that you don't like, I'd love to understand why you give special hate treatment to Anthem and Destiny. 

I had to stop after the first three sentences because Destiny is pure garbage and I can’t take you seriously.

Message 18 of 45 (330 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

"The game just came out, and the entire selling point is that it will be updated with new content for years. If you slammed through 20 hours of content yesterday and are complaining that you're bored now, that's on you. Congrats, you burnt yourself out on the game and blew through the current content"

This guy gets it.

next update is in March (that's in 2 weeks) and Anthem official release is February 22.

I agree you can get games with far more content for that price , on release. But usually those game won't give you more to play for the next year or so. 
It's a different approach here, like Warframe did. 

And honestly it's worth a shot for developers. With publishers like EA always pushing them, with that method they can release what's finished about the game (makes the publisher happy) and give us the rest, also finished and polished later.
You'll get your entire game worth all your money. 

How many games so far have you seen rushed out to please the publisher ? It's plaguing the industry. 

What you have in Anthem right now is not huge. But it's polished. Games runs perfectly, no crash, no bugs. 
And I rather have that and next content in 2 to 4 weeks than the entire game now, unplayable full of bugs and that will never get fixed like Andromeda. 

Message 19 of 45 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Destiny 2 vanilla is 30-40 hours for campaign, public events, strikes, and raids. That's $60 for 30-40 hours of game, minimum. It's only grinding if you don't enjoy the gameplay and you're grinding to literally get the highest level you can be. I have no idea why people do this, no one is forcing you to play the game and get to THE HIGHEST level possible. If you stopped enjoying it, stop playing it.

I'm not even a "fan boy," I just don't think the game is terrible like all the parrots on the internet, providing their generic hot takes on why "DesTInY IS LikE, ThE wORsT GAmE" but not providing ANY details as to why. It's just "bad." How? In what way besides "generic. Boring. Soulless." The millions of people playing it don't seem to think so, so what are you seeing that millions of people are apparently blind to? Because yet again, you're saying a ton of words without really saying anything at all.

You honestly sound like you're in a miserable place in life and you want to complain about something because it's not absolutely amazingly perfect and blowing your mind away. 

Nothing is great about vanilla game that costs 60$ except shooting. Mechanics for shooting is good. Thats all. The end.

Once you finished your generic, boring, irrelevent resident sleeper campaign you're left with nothing to do for pve that has matchmaking other than regular strikes and will be stuck at power level of roughly 260 because you will hit an artificial ceiling. So without clans or friends as a solo player you will be grinding same trash public events you did all the campaign and normal strikes over and over over and over until you go crazy from it. And those regular strikes not only dont give you anything valuable, they're not even a tiny bit hard or anything like that.

And I could not care less about its seasons passes of a cost of like 60% of the game each year. Especially since like only one of the dlcs is actually good, the rest is just as awful as the campaign but with additional grind.

The yare both just as awful. It takes not being Destiny fanboy to admit it. Not worth even a quarter of its cost. Its that simple. And they are very similar, a vain dull soulless AAA game that fell in love with their beauty and never bothered to build a functioning world around it, characters or anything else. I mean at leats in Destiny you had Cayde and I rememberred some other names, at least I listened to some dialogues and watched cutscenes. Not here!

You probably like that trash for the same reason I detest it, because Anthem and Destiny are two very alike, dull and dead game with pretty graphics. So if you liked one you would like that too, thats a no brainer.

Message 20 of 45 (311 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help