Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

This is not acceptable

by ragnarokfps
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Sorry but in my experience a Legendary is always better than a MW, even with minor inscriptions on it. I wonder if the OP even bothered trying the weapon before dismissing it as useless because it didn't have a 200% dmg inscription on it. Ralners Blaze is an awesome weapon, its OP for sure, I have one with no dmg modifiers on it at all and it outdoes my 250% dmg Thunderbolt of Yvenia, but what I like is the variety of weapons that you can have to sync with the rest of your loadout.

 

I completed the MW challenges on everything that I can on my Ranger and I have to say it was awesome fun learning the strengths and weaknesses of the different weapons, I was quite surprised at some of them, they performed better than I would have thought given the descriptions and inscriptions on them. 

 

I don't believe at all that there should be perfect rolls on weapons etc, they aren't needed imo. The majority of kills I get in GM2 are not from guns they are from combos and ultimates, very few kills are from guns. If you are relying on guns to kill things in the GM levels I would suggest you are doing it wrong, in my opinion anyway.


You lost me at Ralner's with no damage Inscription is stronger than Thunderbolt with 250% damage buff. That's a load of horse manure because any one of my Legendary Thunderbolts does more damage than my best Legendary Ralner's Blaze. My Masterwork Thunderbolts are better than my Legendary Ralner's and they all have good rolls. 

 

Legendaries should have higher minimum rolls than Masterworks, MW's should have higher min rolls than Epics.. you get the point. 226 extra damage per bullet is what the Leg Thunderbolt has over the MW Thunderbolt, that's the only guaranteed minimum base stat that a Leg weapon has over a MW, and it doesn't warrant the low 1% drop chance or whatever it is that Legendaries have when I can craft endless Masterworks.

Message 11 of 37 (170 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★★★★ Pro

@Banfilidh wrote:

You know what’s really terrible? My legendary Ralner’s with the 200% damage on it. Tough to use anything else.


So Jelly, mine does have armor and shield inscriptions on it though, I imagine when I get one with a 200% inscription on it I wouldn't be able to kill mobs with it, they will be too busy running away.

Message 12 of 37 (170 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★★★★ Guide
that SS is of a machine pistole..... @ragnarokfps
Message 13 of 37 (166 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ragnarokfps wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Sorry but in my experience a Legendary is always better than a MW, even with minor inscriptions on it. I wonder if the OP even bothered trying the weapon before dismissing it as useless because it didn't have a 200% dmg inscription on it. Ralners Blaze is an awesome weapon, its OP for sure, I have one with no dmg modifiers on it at all and it outdoes my 250% dmg Thunderbolt of Yvenia, but what I like is the variety of weapons that you can have to sync with the rest of your loadout.

 

I completed the MW challenges on everything that I can on my Ranger and I have to say it was awesome fun learning the strengths and weaknesses of the different weapons, I was quite surprised at some of them, they performed better than I would have thought given the descriptions and inscriptions on them. 

 

I don't believe at all that there should be perfect rolls on weapons etc, they aren't needed imo. The majority of kills I get in GM2 are not from guns they are from combos and ultimates, very few kills are from guns. If you are relying on guns to kill things in the GM levels I would suggest you are doing it wrong, in my opinion anyway.


You lost me at Ralner's with no damage Inscription is stronger than Thunderbolt with 250% damage buff. That's a load of horse manure because any one of my Legendary Thunderbolts does more damage than my best Legendary Ralner's Blaze. My Masterwork Thunderbolts are better than my Legendary Ralner's and they all have good rolls. 

 

Legendaries should have higher minimum rolls than Masterworks, MW's should have higher min rolls than Epics.. you get the point. 156 extra damage per bullet is what the Leg Thunderbolt has over the MW Thunderbolt, that's the only guaranteed minimum base stat that a Leg weapon has over a MW, and it doesn't warrant the low 1% drop chance or whatever it is that Legendaries have when I can craft endless Masterworks.


Its not horse manure, I use it in preference to everything else, why, because of the perk, its great for combo's, I kill stuff faster than peeps using ToY, as I said if you are counting on your guns to kill stuff you are doing it wrong imo, which is probably why you spend a lot of time in the forums complaining about things that don't make sense to many of us.

 

The rest of your argument only confirms that you are doing it wrong imo.

 

You also neglect things like fire rate, ammo count etc.

 

Message 14 of 37 (164 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★★★★★ Guide

Machine pistols do crap damage, so low damage boosts wont help even on legendaries..

Message 15 of 37 (151 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★ Guide
tbh...i would scrap it. then again, what are good rolls if there are no bad ones. would boost another machine pistol quite well though if you just put it into your secondary slot.
Message 16 of 37 (145 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★★★★ Novice

Tough break, reminds me of a crap Chaotic Rime I got a like two days ago.  All these people saying it's 'not a crap roll' probably wouldn't use it.  Especially since this one pretty much requires you to be near death before it becomes useful. Which in GM2-3 isn't something that generally happens.  You are either dead, or not. An considering this weapon has terrible range an weak damage to start, it's just not a good choice for higher difficulties.

Message 17 of 37 (121 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★ Pro

@Haruchai01 60% armor too 😄

Message 18 of 37 (117 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★★★★ Pro

@Banfilidh wrote:

@Haruchai01 60% armor too 😄


@Banfilidh  Yeah, yeah, rub salt into the wound.

Message 19 of 37 (115 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is not acceptable

★★★ Novice

got this a couple weeks ago seems ok 200% weapon and another 150% weapon dmg so they do exist.

. godroll.jpg

Message 20 of 37 (109 Views)
Twitter Stream