Re: This is a new season but there are same old issues.

by hayhor

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@RockDokRock Thats why the game can be a buggy mess with crap servers?
Message 11 of 27 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@RevMainPls I don't think either of that is true and is a generalisation.  This new season has been the smoothest roll out in a long time.

I get game issues from time to time, sure.  There are bugs, sure. Its' an incredibly complex piece of software with loads of asynchronous communication challenges to be solved.  I really don't think people understand the complexities involved.  I've seen similar issues, from time to time, in *EVERY* online game I've played.

Message 12 of 27 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@RockDokRockSry but that defence of "its so complicated" doesnt really hold up for me, yes you are right coding is complicated and alot can cause issues that beeing said Apex is out since over 2.5 years and at this point i expect performance and a near bugless game especially when there are issues in the game for years... just two little examples would be Sound and Loba´s Hitbox... The game makes enough money to provide proper servers, but they dont they do literrly bare minimum investment when it comes to servers.

I played CS seriously for nearly 15 years by now and can with full honesty say i did get more nohitregs in Apex in one season than in CS over the whole time,i also cant recall of a single time where the sound bugged out or footsteps were gone...

And it gets only worse when i compare Apex to modern games like Valorant

The sad thing about all of this is that the potential of Apex is gigantic

Message 13 of 27 (334 Views)

Champion
@RevMainPls Bugless game? I'm sorry but I can't get past this. No software is bugless. I haven't played the games you mention but I'm pretty sure if I Google them I'll find similar complaints to apex.
Message 14 of 27 (317 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hayhor read again... near bugless is not bugless, i expect gamebreaking bugs that exist since years to get adressed and fixed,sorry i guess for my "high" standart to expect a product to properly work lol
Message 15 of 27 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@RevMainPls It's just as well I don't care what "holds up for you".

Not really going to argue this with you.  I'm with @hayhor on this one.  It's got issues but there is alot going on.  My biggest problem is SBMM being so broken and is one of the reasons I have not been playing as much this time around as it feels so unbalanced.  I am sure I'll be back to playing as much at some point.

Message 16 of 27 (278 Views)

★★★ Pro
@RockDokRock and how long a game lasts if no one spend money on it? Think a bit.
Message 17 of 27 (232 Views)

★★★ Pro

@WreckingVi There have been non stop complaints about the game since pretty much day 1.  Think about it.

Message 18 of 27 (209 Views)

★★ Pro

@RockDokRockfrom who?

the veteran players didn't complain until the latest seasons I believe

at least when it wasn't on bugs or audio I believe? ( @Cheese9Man )

they didn't complain about loot pool, and few other basic stuff that they complain about now

The least thing they probably complained about were body shields, and sound and few bugs.

Lifeline shield, allthough not everyone.

It's hard to tell though I wasn't on forums in the early days...

Message 19 of 27 (198 Views)

Champion
@damsonwhufndthis People complain about everything. Apex at the start is no different.
Message 20 of 27 (191 Views)