Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: This is What Devs Are Wasting Time With Instead if Fixing Issues

by W2RD-1982

Original Post

Champion

@jor19dan89 wrote:

That’s the issue.  You still have faith they are trying to fix the game.  I do not.  Everything they have done has been lip service with minimal improvements.

if they are commited where is the effort?  Two months in and this is where we are at?  This certainly doesn’t seem like righting the ship.  It seems like they are jumping in life rafts while telling us what we want to here and a skeleton crew does the bare minimum.

I want to be clear though.  I’d they make quality Kensington changes to loot or content drought very soon,  I will SING their praises.  However I don’t believer they are working on anything real anytime soon.

Why though? What would be the point of them lying about making changes? They have your money. Technically, at this point they’re losing money every day they continue to run the servers. I can’t think of a reason they would tell people they’re going to fix the game if they knew full well they don’t ever intend to fix anything. They have literally nothing to gain from doing that.

Do you think they’re trying to milk the store sales? Considering how many people no longer play the game, much less buy from the store, I doubt they’re getting any significant revenue from it right now. Granted, I could be wrong, but then, get this – if they are making significant money from the store right now, despite everything, then wouldn’t it make sense for them to actually fix the game and get even more money from the store in the long run?

They’re delivering improvements about every couple weeks. That seems reasonable, considering two weeks is a typical duration of an Agile sprint. Of course, everyone would prefer if they fixed more issues and delivered more content in less time. I’m sure they would have loved to do that to. But sometimes you can only work so fast when you’re trying to do something right.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 91 of 97 (203 Views)

★ Guide

@jor19dan89 wrote:

Well.  Another two hors gm2 and gm1 no legendaries.

Just staying facts to vent my frustration but man it sucks the devs hate this game and it’s players..

Its got fun mechanics by just spits on you for playing.

I love how short sighted the don’t touch loot people are lol.  You do realize f they turned up loot that’s a month of everyone shutting up and playing giving them a month to catch up and add content lol.

Dude, I am down to 1-2 hours of gameplay, and then I just can't stomach it no more. You play for literally NOTHING!

It's finally pushed me back to D1. 

Been havin good times in Mayhem Rumble.

Message 92 of 97 (202 Views)

Champion

@jor19dan89 wrote:

I love how short sighted the don’t touch loot people are lol.  You do realize f they turned up loot that’s a month of everyone shutting up and playing giving them a month to catch up and add content lol.

We’re not saying they shouldn’t touch the loot. We’re saying it wouldn’t help to make it rain Legendaries if most of the inscriptions were worthless. They’d just be garbage of a different color. They need to add actual gear progression and endgame to go with that. And that takes more time than just turning up the loot faucet.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 93 of 97 (202 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The point of the situation, loot or not, is that the game feels unrewarding.  Loot is often pointed to by people as rewards they want.  I believe that, in general, people want loot to feel rewarded because they cant articulate what it is they actually want from the game.  The problem isn't loot, it's that the game feels unrewarding.  There are ways to make a game feel rewarding other than loot.  

Loot is USELESS right now anyway.  They (Bioware) have said that the majority of inscriptions and equipment effects are showing the wrong values, but that they still work correctly.  I'm sure that some people will want argue that it isn't the majority, even though the community manager admitted it on Reddit, but even if it's just a minority that is not any better. 

You cant build your javelin the way you want if the values you see are wrong. How do you know what items have the wrong values and what items have the right ones?  There isn't a master list somewhere, the items with the wrong values are not tagged. Essentially we, as the player, either have to treat all items as correct, or none of the items as correct.  Either way it leads to the same problem: a javelin build that does not preform as expected.

MORE items with the wrong value do not fix the real issue, the issue that is the core game-play mechanic of the game, being able to build the javelin we want.  it is rewarding to change the load out of a character and notice how the load out preforms compared to the other one.  or to change out some things that increases health, or shields, or damage and notice that change.  Right now I dont notice these changes.  +200 damage, or +50% recharge speed, or any of that.  And part of that is likely because the things I'm equipping to do that are not necessarily doing that, and if they are, I cant tell.

Message 94 of 97 (166 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Played a couple hor gm2 strongholds for useless mws and purps.

the developers could fix loot in an hr.  They juts can’t stand the players as we expected them to do a good job and have since called them out for this atrocity.  

Again people it’s been two months and the fame isn’t better in a single meaningful way.

Message 95 of 97 (155 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

@jor19dan89 wrote:

That’s the issue.  You still have faith they are trying to fix the game.  I do not.  Everything they have done has been lip service with minimal improvements.

if they are commited where is the effort?  Two months in and this is where we are at?  This certainly doesn’t seem like righting the ship.  It seems like they are jumping in life rafts while telling us what we want to here and a skeleton crew does the bare minimum.

I want to be clear though.  I’d they make quality Kensington changes to loot or content drought very soon,  I will SING their praises.  However I don’t believer they are working on anything real anytime soon.

Why though? What would be the point of them lying about making changes? They have your money. Technically, at this point they’re losing money every day they continue to run the servers. I can’t think of a reason they would tell people they’re going to fix the game if they knew full well they don’t ever intend to fix anything. They have literally nothing to gain from doing that.

Do you think they’re trying to milk the store sales? Considering how many people no longer play the game, much less buy from the store, I doubt they’re getting any significant revenue from it right now. Granted, I could be wrong, but then, get this – if they are making significant money from the store right now, despite everything, then wouldn’t it make sense for them to actually fix the game and get even more money from the store in the long run?

They’re delivering improvements about every couple weeks. That seems reasonable, considering two weeks is a typical duration of an Agile sprint. Of course, everyone would prefer if they fixed more issues and delivered more content in less time. I’m sure they would have loved to do that to. But sometimes you can only work so fast when you’re trying to do something right.

If they've been trying to do anything right, they fooled the hell out of me, and apparently you.  All these "Improvements" you talk about are superficial if the improvements don't actually improve anything.  I still get dropped 2-5 times a day, I haven't found a SINGLE legendary in oh, a week, and all of the skills and weapons and stats are broken.  Seriously, what the hell are you even talking about?

Message 96 of 97 (139 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh and juts in case you were curious the eleysiam chests are gone.

I realize they were supposed to be temporary but you’d think the devs at BioWare would realize taking anythjng away is a mistake.

oh well more proof they are jumping ship rather than fixing the game.

BioWare devs feel free to do LITERALLY ANYTHING to make the game better in a meaningful way.  Or juts continue being lazy and doing nothing. .

Message 97 of 97 (124 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help