Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: This is What Devs Are Wasting Time With Instead if Fixing Issues

by ComeWithMeKitty

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Halcyon_Creed_N7 wrote:

I don't really understand why loot drop rates are such a big issue. Most players even talking about it already have 788 score javelins. And with no real endgame content to speak of right now, increasing loot drops would just make farming easier to make farming easier. It's a loop with no purpose.

The actual things devs should be working on are bug fixes and new content.

Obviously, I can only speculate on the reasons why people want what they want.

In my experience with gamers in other games one of the arguments regularly brought up in discussions about content is "Why do you complain, you're not even BIS yet."

So some people may see it as their goal to get the best possible gear to be able to say they are done with a game.

Best gear, all bosses killed on highest difficulty => game over, you won

Yeah you didn’t got it because you include a motivation into, which is completely wrong. Also being said, it’s right, ppl want to have best possible gear. But they also want to have best possible gear for all playstyles or different classes. It’s not because of finishing the game, it’s because of master the game. But your contemptuous attitude about that wouldn’t allow you to respect that playstyle, which is also dominating in looter shooter.

Message 41 of 97 (110 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

No, but you obviously think I’d bought it via origin. I never will buy anything via this „thing“. So no, you are totally wrong regarding refund.

And again, no refund possible. 

So you bought something at another shop but expect EA/Origin to give you a refund?

Seems to me a bit like buying jeans of a certain brand at your local jeans shop without trying them on first and then driving to the next town over a few weeks later to return the jeans to the brand-owned store after wearing them for a while and realizing you didn't like their fit after all. 

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 42 of 97 (108 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

In my experience with gamers in other games one of the arguments regularly brought up in discussions about content is "Why do you complain, you're not even BIS yet."

So some people may see it as their goal to get the best possible gear to be able to say they are done with a game.

Yeah you didn’t got it because you include a motivation into, which is completely wrong. Also being said, it’s right, ppl want to have best possible gear. But they also want to have best possible gear for all playstyles or different classes. It’s not because of finishing the game, it’s because of master the game. But your contemptuous attitude about that wouldn’t allow you to respect that playstyle, which is also dominating in looter shooter.

You deny gamers a motivation, yet call me contemptuous?

Whether you call it 'mastered a game' or 'finished a game' doesn't make much difference to me in this context, so we can call it 'mastered' if you prefer.

What lead you to believe I didn't respect that playstyle? I was part of a raiding guild for the last seven years. I played regularly with people whose goal it was to get BIS and kill all bosses on the highest difficulty. Didn't even mean some of them didn't stick around since they had other goals as well. For a large portion of those seven years getting BIS and mastering the highest difficulty even was part of my goal as well.

I do realize, though, that not everybody needs to have the same goals to enjoy playing the same game. Every playstyle someone enjoys has a right to exist regardless of whether you agree or not.

Message 43 of 97 (104 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

No, but you obviously think I’d bought it via origin. I never will buy anything via this „thing“. So no, you are totally wrong regarding refund.

And again, no refund possible. 

So you bought something at another shop but expect EA/Origin to give you a refund?

Seems to me a bit like buying jeans of a certain brand at your local jeans shop without trying them on first and then driving to the next town over a few weeks later to return the jeans to the brand-owned store after wearing them for a while and realizing you didn't like their fit after all. 

Which is something you can do and what will work, depending on the product and how bad it is. But that’s the point and nope, expect refund in here, cause I don’t expect anything again from them. Not even behavior like professionals.

Message 44 of 97 (99 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@Quixter wrote:

Yet I have experienced no rubber banding, no disconnects, no glitched missions in the past week among other improvements that have been made recently........loot looot loot looot .......yes quality of loot needs improved yet there have been a lot of improvements that actually affect game play itself rather than the need of a leprechaun looking for its gold.

Dont get me wrong the loot is important but it’s not the only thing.

what we didn’t need was yet another thread pointing this article out

Where my stones? I want my stones!!!

Message 45 of 97 (97 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

Whether you call it 'mastered a game' or 'finished a game' doesn't make much difference to me in this context, so we can call it 'mastered' if you prefer.

What lead you to believe I didn't respect that playstyle? I was part of a raiding guild for the last seven years. I played regularly with people whose goal it was to get BIS and kill all bosses on the highest difficulty. Didn't even mean some of them didn't stick around since they had other goals as well. For a large portion of those seven years getting BIS and mastering the highest difficulty even was part of my goal as well.

I do realize, though, that not everybody needs to have the same goals to enjoy playing the same game. Every playstyle someone enjoys has a right to exist regardless of whether you agree or not.

I deny your disrespectful assumptions.

What makes difference to you doesn’t matter. There is a difference especially when you talk about. Not only but also ppl include into „finished“ that it’s the end, ppl stop playing. Anyway, I’m not really interested whether you were in a SWTOR or whatever raiding guild or not. I don’t care the few ppl out there who still play anthem. You always bring up the point about ppl who still enjoy this trash game. I never denyed that and I never will. Get your facts straight. But well, the majority wants to have lego, regardless of whether you agree or not Wink

Message 46 of 97 (95 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Halcyon_Creed_N7 wrote:

I don't really understand why loot drop rates are such a big issue. Most players even talking about it already have 788 score javelins. And with no real endgame content to speak of right now, increasing loot drops would just make farming easier to make farming easier. It's a loop with no purpose.

The actual things devs should be working on are bug fixes and new content.

First: You not understanding why loot drop rates are such a big issue, most likely says more about the type of player you are, rather than those of us whom Do think that it is an issue.

Some of us if not most, are actually looking for very specific builds. And with loot sitting at 0.000001%, it makes it a near impossible task to accomplish.

It's pretty much a homogenes bunch of Javelins running around, with little to no difference in deviation of builds.<---Again Loot issue.

Second: True, I only have 2 characters/ Javelins. Both of them being in the Storm Class and both with Legendary status. Like in "real Legendary status" not the participation trophy one, they handed out last patch (1.1...). 

My main, full on 788 GS my scavenger Javelin does not have support gear, so can only go as high as 750 GS <---(But he hits like a freaking Truck!).

However, this does not mean I am in any way satisfied with Their current builds. Again as a player I am presented with an loot issue.

Third: No content to speak of, is Exactly why imo, we need an increase in loot drops.

While I am waiting for new content and all the ailments of the game to be fixed. I want to be able to use that "downtime" to grind and farm the heck out of what content thats available to me. Preferably, with the loot faucet turned on to near max.

This way, I can carefully and meticulously craft Thé Build, with all the right inscriptions. 

With the state of loot AS IS, that is Not happening for any of us. 

Message 47 of 97 (82 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

What makes difference to you doesn’t matter. There is a difference especially when you talk about. Not only but also ppl include into „finished“ that it’s the end, ppl stop playing. Anyway, I’m not really interested whether you were in a SWTOR or whatever raiding guild or not. I don’t care the few ppl out there who still play anthem. You always bring up the point about ppl who still enjoy this trash game. I never denyed that and I never will. Get your facts straight. But well, the majority wants to have lego, regardless of whether you agree or not Wink

Yes, by now it's obvious you're only interested in hard facts.

I didn't even mention Anthem, btw, since I was talking about--quote--"my experience with gamers in other games".

Also, I was replying to someone else's question, when you once again made some baseless accusations about me. I can see why you wouldn't be interested in me refuting those.

It might burst your bubble, but if you check my post history, you'll find various posts where I said I wasn't averse to changes in loot/loot drops.

Your--quote--"I don’t care the few ppl out there who still play anthem" sure sounds like you are respecting them and the fun they are having with their playstyle. (And again, in my reply I wasn't even talking about Anthem specifically.)

Message 48 of 97 (69 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

Yes, by now it's obvious you're only interested in hard facts.

I didn't even mention Anthem, btw, since I was talking about--quote--"my experience with gamers in other games".

Also, I was replying to someone else's question, when you once again made some baseless accusations about me. I can see why you wouldn't be interested in me refuting those.

It might burst your bubble, but if you check my post history, you'll find various posts where I said I wasn't averse to changes in loot/loot drops.

Your--quote--"I don’t care the few ppl out there who still play anthem" sure sounds like you are respecting them and the fun they are having with their playstyle. (And again, in my reply I wasn't even talking about Anthem specifically.)

You forgot to quote, you were only speculating. That’s also not a fact but completely unnecessary. Since there are a lot gamers in here which are minmax, it maybe would be an idea to let them answer the question since he wanted to understand motivation. Again, i don’t care about them, which basically means, they are not on my radar if nobody mentioned them for some useless reason. I don’t evaluate them^^ Neither positive nor negative.

Yeah you were not talking about anthem specifically is very useful when someone ask why ppl (obviously in anthem) want to have loot. So maybe you should rethink your own posts before judging me, but that’s just my opinion.

Message 49 of 97 (59 Views)

Champion

@KALIUMG wrote:

[...] It's pretty much a homogenes bunch of Javelins running around, with little to no difference in deviation of builds. [...]

I think that's one of the main problems in designing loot.

Right now I'm not running the build I'd like to run because I lack the proper equipment with the proper inscriptions.

Thus one could argue that the situation leads to a less homogenous bunch because we all have to play with what we got instead of what we think would be best, and a lot of people would agree on what is best.

But that would dismiss the core of the problem.

Aside from the need to reduce the grind to get what we want, the devs imo need to assure there are viable builds for various playstyles for each Javelin, otherwise, we'll end up with a majority of whatever does the most damage right now and not much incentive to try anything different.

They need to make sure we still want a wide range of equipment once they give us more loot.

Message 50 of 97 (58 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help