Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: This is What Devs Are Wasting Time With Instead if Fixing Issues

by KALIUMG

Original Post

★ Guide

Could be asked if it was the architect that chose the wrong building materials. Why would you let them make more decisions.  Though in this case they weren’t the same from start to finish

Message 11 of 97 (385 Views)

Champion

I mean, it's not like we bought a house.

Someone build a house and we bought access to the club in the basement.

Now some customers don't like the music.

They start insulting the DJ and wonder why he doesn't play the music they like.

The music may not be my favorite, but hey, I'm here to have fun, so I dance anyway.

And the beat is actually pretty good for dancing.

So I dance, and take a sip of my drink now and then, and watch people pissing off the DJ.

And I guess once those people are gone he'll be inclined to take polite requests to play some other music.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 12 of 97 (375 Views)

★ Guide
No it’s like we bought a house and got a tent.
Message 13 of 97 (364 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

You're telling me you wouldn't notice the difference right away?

Okay, since you're always right...

Message 14 of 97 (359 Views)

★★★ Guide

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

You're telling me you wouldn't notice the difference right away?

Okay, since you're always right...

Problem is, they had a fake frame...and told him, he couldn't go inside yet, it was still under "construction" and therefore would be "dangerous". 

Since the house was only a "week"<---(metaphor) away from being finished and he had already seen the "insides"<----- E3.

He signed the papers in good faith.

Went back, when they said it was done and found a tent, were there once stood a mirage so to speak.

Message 15 of 97 (351 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you think buying a video game is like buying a house, I don’t even know where to start with you.

Going with your analogy, it’s like you bought a house that, admittedly, was in need of some major repairs. And you’re not being charged extra for the repairs, but you’re complaining that all the painters and the plumbers and the carpenters and the electricians aren’t done with everything in just a couple of days. Because the people who sold you the house thought it would be a nice second house for you to go to on a vacation, but you apparently expected to live in it.

Message 16 of 97 (350 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

If you think buying a video game is like buying a house, I don’t even know where to start with you.

Going with your analogy, like you bought a house that, admittedly, was in need of some major repairs. And you’re not being charged extra for the repairs, but you’re complaining that all the painters and the plumbers and the carpenters and the electricians aren’t done with everything in just a couple of days. Because the people who sold you the house thought it would be a nice second house for you to go to on a vacation, but you apparently expected to live in it.

The analogy is fine, your understanding needs correction though.

How or why you ask?

Here is why: "it's like you bought a house that, admittedly, was in need of some major repairs."

Disagree, completely! 

"The admittedly, major repairs", came after he bought the house and had already moved in.

Nobody, not even You, would have bought this game, if it "admittedly needed major repairs" and they decided to sell it anyway.

Message 17 of 97 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Quinxder wrote:

Yeah I could see why the people who act like Anthem is the only game in video game history to get a downgrade from its E3 showing would believe that. Makes even more sense when they complain about the game crashing from bugs because their current console or old PC can barely run the game. Hmm wait a minute maybe it got a downgrade so people without 4k+ PCs could play it too....nah we were sold a tent.🙄

Message 18 of 97 (335 Views)

Champion

@RoninJed wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

Yeah I could see why the people who act like Anthem is the only game in video game history to get a downgrade from its E3 showing would believe that. Makes even more sense when they complain about the game crashing from bugs because their current console or old PC can barely run the game. Hmm wait a minute maybe it got a downgrade so people without 4k+ PCs could play it too....nah we were sold a tent.🙄

Coincidentally one of my friends--yes, the one who also plays TD2 (*waves apologetically to those who don't' know what friendship is*)--brought up a youtube video comparing E3 vs retail version of Anthem.

I guess my friend would have been able to play on max settings, I probably not so much given it's only just doable now.

When he brought up the number of people in the market place in Fort Tarsis I started laughing.

Those who were here right after launch will probably remember the complaints about all the people who were bumping into you when you walked through the fort.

Message 19 of 97 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

There are issues that make the game unplayable for some people. Increasing loot drops without fixing those issues would mean those people would come back to everyone farming GM3 in Legos with demigodrolls while they’re still trying to get their Epics.

Besides, increasing Lego drop rates wouldn’t fix the issue with the rolls being RNG in the worst sense. If you’re playing with a group if three friends and you get a lucky +500% damage inscription, you’re now doing more damage than the rest of the group combined, and they could grind for months and not get that lucky.

Guess what, fixing complex issues is hard, and they have a lot of complex issues to fix. Two months isn’t that much for the amount of technical debt this game seems to have accumulated during development.

Loot also probably isn’t on the list because loot drop rates are not a technical issue. Loot is working as intended, even if some people aren’t happy with it.

Hmm, gotta ask, are you by any chance Paul Tassi?

Because I am pretty sure that the highlighted part of your quote, is the same as something I read in an article by him earlier today.

Message 20 of 97 (315 Views)
Twitter Stream