Re: This games community is toxic trash

by Jekth_Avid

Original Post

Champion
@Daze623 Some are definately that. But playing pubs solo gives an eye opening view of the lack of skill or actual understanding or how to play. Id say 80% of the playerbase doesnt have a clue. The amount of people that ping fragment and drop from 800 meters or wait until directly above and then drop is mind blowing. Some people never get wins. I've played with people and guided them to good games we win and they are so amazed they beg for more games. And I'm not any good at the game!
Message 11 of 19 (357 Views)

★ Guide
@dougieee "its been by far the worst week of gaming in 15 years"

Each to their own I guess. I've sat through endless lobbies of people shouting at each other through mics with all sorts of insults back in the Xbox 360 days. I raged myself, became depressed and have never been phased since. Whenever someone thanks me I just say "ok", if someone insults me I just say "sure" etc.

Back to the topic, Apex attracts a wide audience and undoubtedly some of them are *. Though it's also the systems fault.

And ranked is just a straight joke. I said this before and I'll say it again, implementing a ranking system into a BR is never going to work and has not worked for various titles due to the simple fact that 3rd partying exists. As long as 3rd partying exists without extra mechanics to mitigate their effect on the outcome of games it'll remain that way.
Message 12 of 19 (353 Views)

★★ Guide
@DYSPROssium Ok, a thing. You're not considering that some people have been repeatedly stuck at Platinum 4. Myself included, back in season 6. You just have horrible luck, or bad teammates, or whatever, but anytime you gain points, you instantly lose them because the guy next to you got a purple shield and a volt off drop and you have a mozambique. Not all of it is trolling and smurfs.
Message 13 of 19 (338 Views)

★★ Guide
@ThatCryptoUser Im not talking about bad luck on the drop, im talking about wilful toxicity, bad gameplay and poor sportsmanship from people in your own squad and more importantly plat 4 being the place where all of that crap circles the drain, plat 4 is the gutter of apex, mostly because of de rank protection, there needs to be more points emphasis on downing and assisting as well.
I got diamond last season but ive moved up and down through tiers 7 times already this season in plat, as ive said, its too easily achievable and then mediocrity riegns because respawn thinks its a good idea to protect that mediocrity.
I have no issues with bad luck or even bad drops, hell EVEN complete incompetence BUT i draw the line at willful and stupid abuse by low intellect, low skill players somehow convinced that they are even competent.
Message 14 of 19 (264 Views)

★★ Pro
@dougieee i got stuck in platinum 4 too. i got to platinum 3 once but the teams die so fast and i lose 36 points per game. and i don't always want to play alone so i help them when they die and i lose points because of it. i lose my competitive spirit by how bad it is in platinum 4, its so bad i now started on my ps4 instead of pc, when i get to platinum 4 i know i wont make points so earning my rank 500 will be too hard in ranked so once i reach platinum 4 i will only play casual.
Message 15 of 19 (247 Views)

@hayhor If a pred sat out more than one split, first split he's down to plat 2 I think then if they sit again it's down to either silver 4 or bronze 1 maybe?
Message 16 of 19 (237 Views)

Champion
@Pure_Funk_Nugget Yes and it is dumb that is possible.
Message 17 of 19 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pure_Funk_NuggetAs a former pred ranked player i can say I normally try not to touch ranked anymore. It is toxic with cheaters and or smurfs who most likely are cheaters. The games state right now is just not in a good place. See some best pros in the world all the time playing state they hate this game lately. This you would think would be huge eye opener to the company. But nope.

Ranked will continue to be a crap show the game will still be a crap show till they actually decide to do something about it and improve the experience. You know maybe stop stripping players of something they worked very hard to earn for starters.....

Imagine Respawn a player who only does ranked to earn his trail. That was me only reason i did it before my stroke was because i wanted a cool shinny trail that i thought was amazing. (Turned out to be a living death trap).Imagine the boosters be lowered because they got to keep their pointless trail and no longer need to pay people to do it for them. Because you know this is a thing even google shows it. Just give people their trails let them keep their trails so those who dont want to earn it wont have a reason to pay someone to earn something they already have. 

While Respawn does not understand but a lot their actions force players to black market side of things. They are helping ranked mode be toxic as it can be with the cheaters and boosters. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 19 (217 Views)

★★ Guide
@dougieee I don't play ranked in most games. This way you avoid the worst of the toxicity. (It's worked for me at least)
Message 19 of 19 (189 Views)