This game will be dead in 2 months

by RicketySprockets

Original Post

Re: This game will be dead in 2 months

There is no purpose to looking away to the future, the horizon.

Failing to keep your mind on where you are.

Enjoy the game in the moment, why bemoan about when numbers may inevitably drop? I still play games several years old with thriving, if smaller, player-bases. It's not as if there are many similar games. Wink

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 83 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm loving this game and adoring it's skill ceiling. I'm bad but i still get objectives when i need to, 2:1kdr when im trying.

Still crashing into anything and everything though.

Love it.

Message 22 of 83 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@JesuJuvaOU you might be right, haven't tested any other controlers yet since it would just feel so wrong flying a Star Wars Ship with mouse/keyboard, let alone a pesky gamepad when you can use a real flighstick instead.
Still I see I'm not the only one reckognizing the controls issue, wether it's the rotational inertia or something else. Doesn't matter in the long run since it decreases playvalue big time, especially when one way to get rid of the issue is bringing bomber classes with auto-aim canons to dogfights. This is just so so wrong, I barely find words.
Message 23 of 83 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Its already dead for much of the Oceanic community

You dunderheads with your blinders on and narcissim about what only affects you have helped that.

This game uses a PEER TO PEER connection model.   Wtf do you think is happening to players outside the USA or Western Europe when they try to play multiplayer?

They get saddled onto a NA or European host with terribly high latency which is a death sentence in a game like this.

If youre complaining about dying a lot with no kills and youre not in the USA, chances are its not because you suck but because of the lag.

Im a good pilot.  In most of my games im settling for a .25 k/d ratio.   Its only that one gem in 5 where im getting 10-12 kills with only one death that stops me from throwing my monitor.

I havnt played the game in 3 days now after the initial hype wore off.

EA has refused to even acknowledge the latency issue or concede that P2P connection without region locks is a problem.

Just check when youre playing... If you line up an enemy repeatedly and do massive amounts of hits to them and they take zero dame....its not you, its the connection to the host

Message 24 of 83 (1,106 Views)

★ Guide
@FURYBlakhart i wish i could just line up an enemy to attempt to do massive amounts of damage... my joystick won't let me do that as of yet.
Message 25 of 83 (1,094 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That sucks.  Im using a logitech x56 Hotas snd havnt had any issues as some have reported with Hitas.

Its a bit stiff, but overall the mechanics are ok.  Pretty much what I expected from XvT and XWA.

I just cant get a decent multiplayer to save my soul.

Ive requested a refund through steam citing the game as a defective product unser Australian Consumer Law

Message 26 of 83 (1,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Things I'm still waiting for in life: 

A Star Wars themed space combat simulator that takes the mechanics and feel of Freespace, the modern graphics of most games, and a few additional managed-systems mechanics and rolls them into a polished finish.  

Things that any game designed for consoles cannot seem to deliver: 
Any of that.  

I honestly haven't even tried multiplayer yet because this is just disappointing.  

I think the Battlefront Starfighter Assaults are more fun, honestly, because at least it's not an arcade game that is trying to be a flight sim.  

This game needs to either be a console arcade, or a dedicated flight sim, but the hybrid of both is disappointing to people wanting a flight sim, and frustrating to people who want an arcade game.  

Why do turrets still fire at you after all the turrets on a Star Destroyer are destroyed?  
Why can my head not swivel to track targets and inform my spatial awareness? (Track IR?)
Why can you not target enemies closest too you? (I don't need to target a fighter 2k away when I've got one next to me I need to target)
Why can't you have all the weapons in practice mode unlocked to prioritize which you unlock in servers, so you know what they'll be?
Why not put in dynamic, functional cockpits?  
Why not get rid of the excessive grunting and accessory commentary of the pilot?  I provide my own, and I find it terribly distracting and annoying

The game has targeting mechanics that are different options depending on what mode you're playing.  Nope.  Bad mechanic.  Make targeting options universal for modes, and for goodness sakes, why can't we target individual turrets on purpose before we engage?  What if  want to specifically knock out rocket turrets first?

So many small things this game just leaves out as a simulation, that it just feels like if you're not at a console controller, you're not as welcome here as the others.    

Message 27 of 83 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just got my refund from Steam after 20 hours played so I'm happy.

I'll never let EA sucker me into another game without finding out how their multiplayer component has been created.

Message 28 of 83 (1,068 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@RicketySprockets game wont be dead but it will dwindle. its already down 80% on steam from 37000 active players to around 5000 if that last night In less than 10 days.

MMR is the biggest culprit. Ranks being broken is a big problem ATM.

As for dogfight. Its the wild west. My squadmates decided to 5man queue to shake the rust off since we hadn't played in a few days and we were winning 30-3 30-0 30-6. thats just bad mmr. Mind you didnt really do a lot of dog fights so our MMR was probably * to begin with but thats not fun for anyone.
Message 29 of 83 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RicketySprockets Bigger modes will def improve the game. But more important... Fix the MMR and 4v5 situations.
Message 30 of 83 (982 Views)