Re: This game will be dead in 2 months

by DeweyJr73

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Merc_Security wrote:

Getting kills comes down to be being part of a team. Think about joining a gaming community. However one quick way to get kills is to use mines. Use them as much as you can. Hide them then use them to lure the enemy close. They are 1 hit 1 kill.

MercenaryHG

TAW.net

TAW Avatar - May 17.png

NO amount of being part of a team is going to help when your latency is so bad  you can shoot someone 40 times and they take no damage mate.

EA messed up their multiplayer experience, yet again, for a game and I'll never trust them to be able to pull their heads out of their * again when it comes to a competitive multiplayer game.

Message 41 of 83 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I haven't played at all in almost a week already. Was playing every day for hours until last week's patch still didn't fix the ranking.

Message 42 of 83 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

More than one evening I finished playing with the feeling of having wasted my time.

Message 43 of 83 (1,010 Views)

★ Novice
@RicketySprockets I came to the same conclusion tonight. I feel bad, especially since I talked two friends and my son into buying this to play together. I'll admit I'm not the greatest at MP games, but come on. I played a lot of Xwing and Tie Fighter back in the day and was pretty good. Now I went through 3 matches and I let scored one kill and one assist...in all 3 games combined. Wasn't just me either. I played on 3 different teams a d two to three of us went without a kill in two games. It's just no fun to wait 20 seconds to spawn, 10 seconds to get I
nto battle, then 10 more seconds to die.

I was so hyped for this game. I don't even care for the story/tutorial. I discovered as die hard of a Star Wars
fan as I thought I was... I couldn't care less about new characters, ships, stories, locations, etc. I really only care for things set within Episodes 4-6.

And they need to have familiar faces. Speaking of which...why are there no Caucasion male choices on the Rebel side?Biggest waste of $40 ever.
Message 44 of 83 (982 Views)

★ Novice
@Goivus Exactly my feelings
Message 45 of 83 (981 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

basically everyone's feelings... this game is dead on console already, if you turn off cross play you will NOT find any game on PS4 (at least not for me, I am in EU, launched 10 quick games, waited 10 minutes each, never found a game). Turned on cross play and found a game in 2 minutes, so I'm guessing its only PC players at this stage.

And the fact that 1 guy has 20+ kills every game with perfect aim for each shot while everyone else has 0 kills also shows that cheating on PC crosses over sadly to console.

No amount of game time or training on console will make me better versus a PC player that is probably cheating with an aimbot. What's the point of playing a multiplayer game where you can get no kills and constantly die?

So this game, after 5-6 hours of solo play which was mediocre at best, is now uninstalled and won't be missed.

Too bad, another Star Wars game ruined by EA.

Message 46 of 83 (942 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wait? There are cheats on the PC version??? Like what...aim assist?

Message 47 of 83 (925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I turned off crossplay last night, for an hour I tried to get into a game (PS4) after that I turned it back on boom in a game within minutes.

Message 48 of 83 (890 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just keep practicing man. Play dog fight mode a lot, you'll get some badass skills there. I had no such problem as a veteran of Xwing Alliance with my trusty X55 RHINO, but I imagine it can get pretty difficult for new commers to the genre, took me about a year to get good in XWA, and back then I was just playing agains AI. Keep practicing, you'll get there.

Message 49 of 83 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It was funny that they went the console route, this game is clearly for hardcore, oldschool space sims fans with HOTAS settings. I mean I'm having a blast with my HOTAS, but I can imagine how bad this must be on a PS4 controller. (BTW no one is cheating, there are some very good players on PC man, I'm talking people that come from the old Tie Fighter crowd. Heck, I'm from the XWA era and I still find people that give me my money's worth on PC)

Message 50 of 83 (885 Views)