Re: This game will be dead in 2 months

by MKh501

Original Post

This game will be dead in 2 months

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's already starting. The slaughter fields. In a 5 vs 5 game the hardcore gamers are already just destroying the casuals and new players.

No game with such a small group rarely succeeds. Well maybe LoL but thats the only one I know of but its a totally different type of game play.

They will have to open it to 15 vs 15 or 24 vs 24 for everyone to actually have fun and the new players or casuals can actually get a few kills. Zero kills equals Zero fun. There are to many other games that are actually fun to put up with this nonsense. I played for 3 hours and bored out of my mind. Spawn, MajesticEgg lvl 20 pew pew pew  and hardly even tries, I'm dead. Rinse and repeat.  I'm quitting now to go play RDR2.

Message 1 of 83 (5,947 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@RicketySprockets Keep at it, you will get better. There still are players of low-medium skill level playing. Depends on the luck of the draw - sometimes the ace destroys you, sometimes he is on your side.
Message 2 of 83 (5,883 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with your thread title, but not for the reasons you sum up.

It has been mentioned since day 1, this game needs more game modes to keep it alive. Private matches, hardcore mode, survival mode,... Those are imo the easiest ones to implement. More difficult  to create would be a mission editor, but not impossible.

Fleet battles are getting old fast ! Dogfights are a must have of course, but it is just that. Just like every fps game has a team deathmatch mode.

On a last note, and Ive said it many times : guided lasers shouldn't be in this game ! It is game breaking !

Message 3 of 83 (5,848 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sadly...im starting to play less and less. The nostalgia is starting to wear off....and after realalizing i just cant compete and end the game repeatedly with a few kills and huge deaths over and over again im left wondering...why am i playing. On top of that Im feeling like there is nothing to work towards.

I am trying to like this..really trying to..it is a good game....but man...

spawn, die. Soawn, die..

Message 4 of 83 (5,837 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RicketySprockets Very unlikely for one obvious reason ... "Star Wars" !
As soon as Star Wars is forgotten, this game will also be dead.
Not any time soon.
OTOH superb VR + flat monitor space game titles such as Eve Valkyrie : Warzone (BTW featuring VR, but TrackIr support as well) ... were left because the people could not identify themselves with the (shallow) stories. Star Wars however will live on ... for that reason alone this new game well prove a major success for a long time to come.
Mark my words !
Message 5 of 83 (5,793 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Fully agree! Starwars will live on so will this game!

Message 6 of 83 (5,777 Views)

★ Guide
@FSfan2020 Superb VR :D
Message 7 of 83 (5,772 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Lol, Superb VR! I can't believe for 1 moment FSfan2020 has played this game in VR

Message 8 of 83 (5,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i dont think so. i mean  the same same thing been said of both of the recent bttle front gmes and both are still going strong i find full servers  in both games .   a lot seem to go by the numbers playing they see on steam which is very misleading. especailly with cross platform games.  as those numbers only report those playing  thru the steam platform  and not thru xbox, ps4 , or EA origin.  if anything i think  we'll see the hard core player leave due to boredom. leaving  the casual  and new player   for a long while. 

as fr as being bored playing the same maps. well  i find it the m same with any FPS game like call of duty which is why i only play them occasionally after they  first come out  as well. and you'll  alway have those like my self that will occasionally come back too ply this game regulary. these rn't really the type of games  that is supposed too be played 24/7 everyday like ther is no other game in existence lol!

Message 9 of 83 (5,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Which is why they should have focused on co-op modes/missions.

A more ambitions idea I've wanted them to do is create a more simulation based sandbox mode, where players can create custom missions using ships/assests, while allowing for simple triggers/scripts to be plugged into the simulation.  Kinda like how the Arma series has its own mission editor.  

Then they could sell content packs which expand the ship roaster further, like adding different era ships or maps/backdrops/planets.   So players can create even more missions but require different ship/era packs.

Basically how the Arma series sells DLC packs which expand the options for the sandbox/simulation.

Message 10 of 83 (5,726 Views)