Re: This game will be dead in 2 months

by BullitMagnit74

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm actually very sad I was correct. After seeing the number of recent posts here and reading the Steam discussion forums only the hardcore still remain.

So I really hope their is another Squadrons. Here is my wish list.

- LONG single player campaign. At least 16 hours. Like the old Jedi knight games had which also had great multiplayer

- Better out of box support for joysticks

- Increase the player count for teams.. At least 15 vs 15 but I'd like even higher.

Message 71 of 83 (812 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SofaJockeyUK exactly...They said the same about every single EA game released and I still find myself playing Battlefront 2015 on a nearly daily basis to this day.
Message 72 of 83 (801 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BergerMeister "game dies this week"🤣🤣🤣🤣...The PC stackers are the ones who ruined the game, not the console players. I can deal with 94% of the PC community of stacks gone and I bet you the game will be much better.
Message 73 of 83 (755 Views)

★★★ Guide
@FoxDie491 remember that in today's world of entitlement, I need a game that meets my own specific needs. They were looking for a casual pew pew like Battlefront 2 and never got it. I invite people to see how broken and inbalanced that game is. In Squadrons, your skills, tactics and teamwork determine the outcome of a fight. In Battlefront, and OP wookie warrior can take 3 headshots and continue like if nothing happened. Here, a few shots take you down and people hate it. They want OP units like heroes because having a hero killstreaks looks good for Youtube. I even remember seeing Twitter and Reddit posts asking for heroes ships in this game🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.
Message 74 of 83 (745 Views)

★★ Guide
@Edairman198526 I wouldn't mind hero and villain ships, but I suspect they'd have to be limited to their own mode, or perhaps introduced in the last phase of FBs (?)

In the meantime, I'd happily play with a skin. TBH all I've ever wanted was to fly B-wings so I'm happy Wink
Message 75 of 83 (739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@RicketySprockets
Non-white person: First time?

Message 76 of 83 (703 Views)

★ Guide
@deniskamir it's dead.

STAR WARS™: Squadrons - Steam Chartshttps://steamcharts.com › app
Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
Last 30 Days 246.2 ‑6.9 ‑2.74% 531
June 2021 253.2 ‑71.4 ‑21.99% 601
May 2021 324.6 +37.6 +13.09% 860
Message 77 of 83 (688 Views)

★ Guide
@RicketySprockets 15 v 15 would have been the sweet spot. It would be frenetic, and it would be very hard for an ace to decimate everyone.

Also should have changed the respawn behavior. Currently in 5v5, 4 players can get crushed quickly and each respawn flies back into the battle 1 at a time allowing the 5 on the other team to focus down easy.

Should have to wait until all 5 of your squad die, then a new batch of 5 hyperjump into the battle as a full team respawn. That way you are at worst back to evenly matched. At best you may now have a greater chance if the opposing team has lost a few teammates.. they stay at the lower number until their team is cleared off the board and then they respawn as a full team. Rinse repeat.
Message 78 of 83 (686 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BullitMagnit74 those are PC stats and not the whole console community. PC playerbases are always less when compared to consoles.
Message 79 of 83 (623 Views)

★ Guide
@Edairman198526 If it's dead on PC, chances are the console side will get it worse. I've seen so many comments from console users that

a. PC players either Cheat or have overwhelming advantage of hardware/keyboard/macros/bindings/HOTAS/etc
b. PS4 players cannot queue up a match for over 10 minutes or more because no one is playing
c. the majority of competitive players club the 'baby seals' stating that if the mechanics of the game allow it, ethically it's all fair and that players should just 'gitgud'

Without being a member of a Squadron on Discord or other place, the game is all but dead to the random jump in quick action person. And noobs get slaughtered, turned off and leave.

The drift was a really cool and exciting mechanic, but the after effects of boost gasping or whatever you want to call it (forever ping ponging) have broken the game between casuals and GOD tier level players who cannot be killed.
Message 80 of 83 (604 Views)