This game rewards too much XP for passive play

by BeerWolf1984

Original Post

This game rewards too much XP for passive play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

XP ought to be tweaked.

Kills and Assists, Revives, Squad Take downs, etc. should reward more XP, while XP earned from just sitting out the game till the end ought to be nerfed.

Doing well in the first 5-10 minutes ought to net decent XP, instead anyone camping it out till 20 minutes in get 4-5k XP... <_<;

Message 1 of 7 (394 Views)

Re: This game rewards too much XP for passive play

★ Guide

Its not enough that I succeed, everyone else must fail!

Seriously, lol.

Message 2 of 7 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Totaly agree with you mate

Should really award more xp for wins and killing!

Message 3 of 7 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BeerWolf1984 wrote:

XP ought to be tweaked.

Kills and Assists, Revives, Squad Take downs, etc. should reward more XP, while XP earned from just sitting out the game till the end ought to be nerfed.

Doing well in the first 5-10 minutes ought to net decent XP, instead anyone camping it out till 20 minutes in get 4-5k XP... <_<;

It's survival first and foremost. It's not team deathmatch. Primary XP should be on survival time.

Granted wins should have more XP rewarded though.

Message 4 of 7 (290 Views)

★ Guide

I'm the type of player who likes to go after kills, mostly because I find hiding and avoiding enemies for 20 minutes boring.

I don't mind you getting more xp for surviving, usually kills -> better gear -> bigger chance of winning but more risk.

Message 5 of 7 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@MechaSakura wrote:

I'm the type of player who likes to go after kills, mostly because I find hiding and avoiding enemies for 20 minutes boring.

I don't mind you getting more xp for surviving, usually kills -> better gear -> bigger chance of winning but more risk.

I'm not talking hiding for 20 minutes. I'm just saying my preference is to pick my fights instead of seeing enemies and chasing them down at first sight (which I see plenty of my random team mates do, which results in multi squad gunfights that leave you vulnerable, especially early in the match). That normally results in attracting attention and getting jumped by a third and fourth squad. I'm no spring chicken any more so my gung-ho days are well and truly behind me, but I'm really loving this game

Each to their own in terms of how you play, but I think the XP is fine as is imo.

Message 6 of 7 (264 Views)

★ Guide

@BeerWolf1984 wrote:

XP ought to be tweaked.

For a start, lowering the sound effects of gun shots needs to happen first. You can chase down enemies all you want, but when you get pinched because you alert half the map to your fighting. 

Message 7 of 7 (237 Views)