Re: This game is more successful than it’s ever been!!!

by maximas1986

Original Post

This game is more successful than it’s ever been!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

That’s probably a line that we would hear from people defending the current state of things.

I don’t hate S6, but it’s VERY clear that a good amount of players are unhappy with Apex right now.

We could go back and forth on the various hot topics regarding Apex but I have no interest in that. What I DO care about is the lack of dialogue between the community and the devs.

The community (reddit, YouTube, these forums) have NEVER been this negative and yet we are getting close to nothing from the devs/publishers. 

Seriously— what gives? 

Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

★★ Guide
@Axs5626Sxa5001 if you keep up with the history of respawns replies to the community they basically have an enormous disdain for us.
As far as they're concerned we can all STFU, buy their battlepass, and move on down the road.
They genuinely believe their ergonomically seated, airconditioned, desk job is the toughest thing in the world and absolutely do not value the opinions of the playerbase unless they're someone like shroud.
Message 2 of 7 (384 Views)

★★ Expert

@xTomboyRespecter they didn't even value Shroud's opinion. Dude wanted learnable recoil patterns for guns, didn't want SBMM, and wanted to keep bunny-hopping in the game.

We have random recoil for most automatic weapons, SBMM, and no bunny hopping. 

Pretty sure they just don't care about anyone's opinion except their own. 

Message 3 of 7 (379 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@xTomboyRespecter

But isn’t this counter productive to what ANY company would want? That being— a game that keeps their current playerbase happy while consistently bringing in new players?

I also realize that ANY game will have a group of people who complain, so companies need to be mindful on how often respond to this group. But this latest season is CERTAINLY different. I have never seen so many players not enjoying a season. Certainly this isn’t something to shrug at.

Yet I also kind of want to bet that we’re going to get an official statement from Respawn saying:

“Our data suggests that Apex is in the best place it’s ever been. The playerbase is 5x what it was at launch and players are playing 3x as long as they ever have been due to the exquisite SBMM. Things are closer to perfect than they ever have been, and the population is doubling on a daily basis. Also, we’re going to nerf Pathfinder again for the the next season. Rejoice.”
Message 4 of 7 (359 Views)

★★ Expert

@Axs5626Sxa5001 that's the thing though, it should be about keeping older players and attracting newer ones, but free-to-play games always have to make that difficult choice between having a larger player-base, and making enough money to keep the game running. 

Spiral Knights is a super prominent example of how a game can keep running despite not having a large player-base. They haven't had real content, bug-fixes, optimization, etc. etc. for years now, their average player count for the last 30 days is 250, and yet enough people buy enough stuff to keep that game going, despite also not having an actual development team for like 5 years. 

Message 5 of 7 (351 Views)

Champion

I've just become less invested in the game both financially and content wise. 

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy apex (most of the time) but it's just lost its sparkle for me personally. There's too many issues affecting my gameplay to make me feel any inclination to financially support the game. The content released hasn't been by any means terrible...but the weapons have mostly been mediocre excluding the volt, and the U turn on olympus really felt like a kick in the teeth. The new legends have been ok but again, they don't suit my own play style so bar revenant I never play them.

Apex is still a good game, but there is certainly plenty of room for improvement.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 7 (297 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown honestly if the devs is going to respond to someone i really hope they don't respond and answer the requests of Shrud or whoever (with all respect) , it's not about shrud or any of these pro guys out there as i don't care about them and i don't follow any of this sh#*&.
the devs should answer only to the majority of their community not to a few just because they are pros .
we are the people who throw money into these games not the few pros out there.
no game should be personalized according to a small group who give their opinion , again the majority opinion matter ONLY

i don't why they don't make a voting system where you log in to your apex game where you can find the discussed cases and points and you can
vote with your opinion and just to prevent fake votes the account should be more than one or two month old .
Message 7 of 7 (292 Views)