Re: This game is awesome - we want to keep playing - pls add multiplayer matchma

by HowlingBeast

Original Post

This game is awesome - we want to keep playing - pls add multiplayer matchmaking

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I would like to start with a positive note, by saying that I just love this game; a lot of stuff was done right and the setting, the cars, the story, the day/night mode and everything else is super fun.

I'm now at the point where I've kinda finished what I can do though; I have all Ultimate+ parts, a ton of cars, 10mil heat earned overall, finished all the stories and open world challenges.

The only thing keeping me busy for now are the collectables.

I would really like to keep playing this game, because it's the best NFS in years; but with the current multiplayer options, besides just for personal enjoyment, there's no point in trying to find pvp races. A lot of people have also mentioned how hard it is to actually get in a pvp race as practically no one accepts those. 

Little side note here: me and my friends have all found that the multiplayer race invite that pops up in the top right corner is hard to notice!

As for multiplayer, here are some ideas, though I'm sure you're not lacking any (Devs) 

1. Some form of matchmaking system - right now it's just hard to find people to race with, whether it's in-game, on forums, discord etc.
  2. Ranking system with unlockable rewards e.g. decals, customisation options, rims, cars etc. - this could be a way of introducing new cars
  3. A racing system with more open world feel - not the typical menu -> select cars -> select races -> wait
    • Something that somehow occurs in the open world e.g. competitive racing lobby pops up at a location while cruising in online > drive there to join (get matched cross-server, not just between the few people on current server, which we know are hard to get together for races)
    • List of of 5 races is generated - either random, player voting etc.
    • After race ends, drive to the next race starting point within a certain time - if you miss it, you miss the race
    • Get some sort of points after each race 
    • Player with most points in the lobby wins after the 5 races - rank changes and maybe a small reward
  4. Free roaming ability to pull next to someone and challenge them to a race with the ability to place cash bet or even race for pink slips
  5. Free roaming ability to create a race - place 1st market as starting point, place X markers as checkpoints and a final one as finish
    • The system in Payback where you could only place a start and a finish resulted in people taking random routes and only meeting at the finish line - some people would just go in a straight line over the fields
    • There are many successful examples of this, such as in The Crew or GTA Online
  6. Race mode of following someone - if you fall too far behind, you lose - this was one of the most fun modes in NFSU2 multiplayer
  7. Even the Speedlists from Payback would be good - though I've always found these a little too static for a game with a big world, they're fine for games like F1 where there's no world, just the tracks.

I'm sure other people will have great suggestions to add here, so please do.

I would appreciate if the Devs would publicise their future plans for the game - what's coming next and in what order.

And on top if that, if we were given some way of voting so that at least they get to know what the players want most - what you think the players want might not always be what they actually want.

See you on the streets,

Protozoid.

Message 1 of 12 (766 Views)

Betreff: This game is awesome - we want to keep playing - pls add multiplayer ma

★ Guide
@Pro2zoid Totally agree with you man.

Comment on this topic as well. The more people react, the better.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Please-add-Private-Lobbies-and-P2P-Speedlists-Request/m...
Message 2 of 12 (744 Views)

Re: This game is awesome - we want to keep playing - pls add multiplayer matchma

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

In the same boat here, great game but once you reach level 50 and complete the parts reputation and night kinda become useless to us.

A leaderboard system showing the players/crews with the highest reps/reps gotten in one night would give players a reason to go out and rack up some points.

Leaderboards displayed for race times and speed/drift traps would also allow us to replay races competing for world records.

As for the more open world race feeling I made a post about this mentioning gta onlines impromptu race system which would let players set a waypoint on the map then challenge nearby players to race there for cash bets. Once bets were placed a countdown would begin and players would be off. If we had this people could set up drag races easier.

Here are my posts about these if you wanted to read into it further or up vote so we can get the devs focusing these issue more than stuff that could be dealt with after.

Impromptu races:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Impromptu-Races-GTA-Online-style/m-p/8441647/highlight/...

Solution for rep after level 50:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Solution-for-rep-after-lvl-50-and-end-game-content/m-p/...

Message 3 of 12 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Pro2zoid"A racing system with more open world" NFSOW was great, but NFSH Multiplayer is for me just same as solo just with the ability to invite others (MP for me waste of time why should i play i with just 16 others they dont care, go solo same fun) to races more like a coop modus.
The MP version needs much more the feeling from NFSOW and much more love from GG.
The games population is dramatically decreased (exp. Twitch) befor 2020 starts.

Do something now befor we can read EA flop of 2019

Message 4 of 12 (721 Views)

★ Guide
@WhosNachosTV tf is NFSOW?
Message 5 of 12 (717 Views)

@WhosNachosTV wrote:

The games population is dramatically decreased (exp. Twitch) befor 2020 starts.

And it will continue to decrease the longer the devs delay adding PvP into NFS Heat.

@HowlingBeast wrote:
tf is NFSOW?

I'm guessing he's referring to NFS World (a dead NFS MMO racing game).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 12 (687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@TheWaIkingDev wrote:

As for the more open world race feeling I made a post about this mentioning gta onlines impromptu race system which would let players set a waypoint on the map then challenge nearby players to race there for cash bets. Once bets were placed a countdown would begin and players would be off. If we had this people could set up drag races easier.

That's also a really good point; the same system was applied in The Crew, where you could put a waypoint as race start, X other waypoints as checkpoints and the last one as finish line.

This would've been a massive improvement to the lackluster Payback online open world and very easy to implement. 

The idea of placing bets also sounds super fun; and someone else even suggested racing for pink slips Cool

Not sure how great that would work though, as we're already struggling to get people to join public races Frown

Message 7 of 12 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Pro2zoid I’d say it would be easier to get a race going since you could pull up right next to someone and challenge them then and there.

People always tend to not notice the current invites since theyll pop up randomly in the top right corner or ignore it since it takes ages to start but having a car pull up next to you flex their engine and send you a challenge to a marker a kilometre down the road then youre gonna drag that kid to that marker and try to smash them haha

Pink slips would be amazing,  I’m pretty sure I bring them up in the previous posts but I doubt it would be something that would ever be put into the game.

Message 8 of 12 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Did anyone here play need for speed world? They have a nice system where you pressed the "R" key and it would search the whole open world for current active race lobbies. I would love to see this added to heat. 

In heat when you drive by a race with people in the lobby, you will get a pop up asking if you want to join and showing how many racers are in the lobby currently . 

They could just add the option like in need for speed world to press "R" and search all current race lobbies instead of having to be in the right place at the right time to catch a race.

Also! Add a chase the leader style race in free roam where you can drive up to someone in game and challenge them to race in free roam. Then the way you win is putting enough distance between you and the other guy. 

Would be cool you would see alot more people racing around in free roam too.

Message 9 of 12 (630 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheWaIkingDev They could just let you make cash bets , could be just as good as pink slips. I mean you could just bet the cars value in cash instead.
Message 10 of 12 (489 Views)