This game is a clear example of WTF is wrong with Gamers Today....

by Viper_1Down

Original Post

Re: This game is a clear example of WTF is wrong with Gamers Today....

★★★★★ Apprentice

I feel sorry for you at least you blame the correct entity. I was one of those who were unhappy with EA not Bioware, I was playing MEA from day one out came an update and suddenly I couldn't play MEA any longer. I'm sorry but I was livid spent $80+ for a game I could no longer play because of some fix. Eventually things worked out I loved the game and I have over 3600 hrs into it and want more, plain and simple it was released too soon. 

Message 41 of 46 (1,098 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I too have noticed this. The games these days are offended by anything or everything and even the simplest thing too. And they do not respect the other gamers . The Millennias are the worst gamer generation ever!  No ffense intended to anyone if you do find this offensive. The Millennials are cry babies. Iam part of Gen X and am 29 years old and I agree with whalt you are saying all of it. People need to chill out and not let everything crawl under their skin and bother them even the simplest minor things that.can be ignored.

Message 42 of 46 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't think sweeping generalisations against millennials (of which I am one btw) are helpful in the least; an entire generation doesn't think with one mind.

I can also understand why people had an initially poor reaction to Andromeda at first; existing Mass Effect fans have loved the series for years, anticipated Andromeda itself for years (seven?) and it arrived a buggy mess. The problem wasn't that people had overly high expectations; the problem is that most people don't know who is actually to blame when a AAA game arrives unfinished.

If you read about the difficulties that Andromeda faced it's not really surprising it was a bit of a hot mess on release, but that doesn't really soothe people who've paid full price for a game that wasn't finished. After how long it took, another delay of a few months to polish the game wouldn't have inconvenienced the players much, and could have made a massive difference to how the game was received. People might still have been disappointed by some of its weaknesses, but wouldn't have focused so much upon them, because people tend to be more generous to a game when they just get on with enjoying what's good, but that isn't possible if too buggy or unpolished to just enjoy.

I'm glad I didn't have that problem, as I simply didn't have a system that could run the game at the time, and I heard the bad reviews, so when I finally played the game for the first time I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as it actually turned out to be, and I ended up having a great time with the game, loved it, and think it's actually one of the best in the series.

I think the ultimate problem isn't that people are too picky, or set their standards too high; while some absolutely will, I think most people just wanted their new AAA game in a popular series to actually be ready on release, and I can definitely understand that.

Message 43 of 46 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Viper_1DownStill... it was written badly. Our characters acted like college kids and the plot was way too similar to the original trilogy.
The main villain with the beer opener head even said: you cannot comprehend our plan bla bla bla. Like Sovereign. LOL

Message 44 of 46 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Darthvader99076I am a Millennial and granted there is a lot of crying from my generation, but a lot of crying done by Gen Z gets attributed to Millennials and very unfairly so. I dont take offense to what you said to be clear as there is truth to it, but Gen Z cries a lot too and it gets heaped onto Millennials because its popular to do so. I will also say in my experience there is a noticeable difference in behavior/attitude between older and younger Millennials. And frankly something I dont get is that people who hate on Millennials the most are the ones that raised them to be like that... Also, if you're 29 you are a Millennial, not Gen X. The youngest Gen Xers are in their 40s and the youngest Millennials in their mid 20s do you'd actually be closer to Gen Z than Gen X.

That said I think we can all agree that people need to stop crying about things when its not exactly what they want...

Message 45 of 46 (779 Views)

@AeromusPrime22 

As long as crying gets them what they want, they will continue to cry.  If you cried out and someone gave you a $100 you would do it again, and would only stop when either you got smacked in the face or the money stopped(would take longer than a smack or two).  You can see it everywhere now, bad behavior is rewarded and then people wonder why more bad behavior happens.  And, yeah, it starts with the parents, but it is societies and governments giving in to bad behavior instead of stopping it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 46 of 46 (721 Views)