Re: This game is a clear example of WTF is wrong with Gamers Today....

by abc1162778219

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Andromeda was never a terrible game, and the general score of 7.7/10 reflects it.  Raging neckbeards will reap what they sow.

Message 11 of 46 (2,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My answer to some * on Reddit thread a month or so ago:

"Er, ME3 was good? Sure it was. #sarcasm

Dialogue system from ME 2 was nerfed, Cerberus was made pure evil and Alliance/Council pure angels because fanbois demanded it. The Illusive Man became indoctrinated because fanbois demanded it. The story itself became VERY simple. It wasn't complicated like ME2 was, when we questioned our loyalty to the Alliance and the Council. In ME3 they made everything very simple for fanbois. Reapers and Cerberus are just meanies, go kill them, pls Frown

The ending was the biggest BS I've ever seen in my 25 years of gaming. Suddenly, without any real hints in the previous games, Alliance has a "Death Star" schematic in their Mars outpost. How convenient. Reapers' motivation is * AF, we had a perfect hint during quarian story ark in ME2 that Zero Mass Energy - or whatever it's called - slowly destroys the stars themselves. Awesome theory, like the First Flame from Dark Souls, eh? What did they do with this awesome theory? Nothing.

Mass Effect 3 was the reason I didn't trust Dragon Age Inquisition. It took my friend 2 years of persuation, until I finally gave up and bought it. But because of DAI, I trusted MEA. ME thrilogy had it's bright sides, but also so much crappy console design, that I didn't really bother to finish it to 100% for achievements. For what reason a no-name Ryder is a better fighter than resurrected N7+Spectre+Cerberus Operative Shepard with Reaper implants shoved up his/her *? For what reason do we have such a pathetic arsenal in ME thrilogy? ME1 - reskin upon another reskin. ME2 - 5 guns in every category without modification options. ME3 - well, at least combat was significantly better here, guns included.

Also, where the hell were all krogan, turian, salarian, drell, elcor and hanar(do they even have any, btw?) species?

MEA isn't all sunshine and butterflies, I get it. I took the game only last summer, when lots of stuff had been fixed. Asari faces still creep me out. Also some glitches pop up here and there, which are mildly infuriating. But ME thrilogy wasn't 100% awesome, bug-free, without crappy design choices. You, and all your screwwed up generation, are just a whiny brat with tanthrum problems."

Message 12 of 46 (2,223 Views)

Hero

@Ridley4014 wrote:

The ending was the biggest BS I've ever seen in my 25 years of gaming. Suddenly, without any real hints in the previous games, Alliance has a "Death Star" schematic in their Mars outpost.

This was hinted at in Mass Effect 2. Liara says that the Shadow Broker believed that the protheans had a plan to defeat the Reapers.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 46 (2,219 Views)

★ Guide

The original was great but absolutely had its flaws. ME can be forgiven since it was the first and an older generation. ME2 while having the best story had easily the worst combat and rpg elements, the latter as basic and bad as it gets. While I loved ME3, it did feel very linear and I dont think anyone was happy with that ending. 

If only they could merge a story caliber of ME2 with the combat, rpg and open world of MEA...

Message 14 of 46 (2,211 Views)

★★ Novice

I loved ME:A and that was actually the first ME game that I played. In my first walkthrough I spent around 180 hours, after that I played all 3 older series (still need to finish ME3 tbh, but somehow I replayed ME1 and started a new game on ME1, will import my 60 level char to ME2 and replay it as well). I do play games for fun so I do not bother with minor glitches although you can get stuck and you need to restart the game or you just sink into the ground on solid rock but the game was awesome for me and kept me hooked in from start to finish. I never bothered to read any bs comments online so I had clean mind when I started to play it. Some things can get a bit bored but that is expected when you have to collect everything to improve items in the game. Some things I figured out of my own, sometimes I got lost but every time it was a lot of fun. I do hope there will be some continuation to this game since many things were left unsolved and there is plenty of content to go on and explore it further. I would definitely play the sequel of Andromeda!

Message 15 of 46 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, i will just write my 2 cents to this game.

I really dont understand all that hate this game got in the past.

Doing my second playthrouht and enjoying every moment. Also both my custom - made Ryders looking good ingame, did not saw any exaggeratedly funny faces.

Most of the issues players was complaining was probably fixed in the meantime.

Also did not stumbled on any serious bug yet, except 3 little visual glitches. 

1 - "scourge" is still visible when you peep out of window in Hyperion cryo bay even after ark is safely docked in nexus,

2 - graphics went totally bananas during destroying hangar bays in "Remove the Heart" for both playthroughts Standard smile

3 - certain ambient in-game lighting makes character faces looking washed out - rare occasion.

My only reservation is agains certain story illogicals:

Spoiler
such as miraculous, planet terraforming vaults are always in near proximity of landing zones. I would devoured such a damn luck once, but not 4x Wink
Imagine there is such terraforming vault on Earth, let´s say somewhere in Al Fuqaha valley in Lybya desert, which is around the size of playable areas in game. Of course extraterestrials who visit our planet sometime in the future lands/crash exactly in this valley. Some of those planet in ME Andromeda are much bigger than earth....

I think it was a bad mistake to abandon support on this game. It just need some polish, finish few open strips with a dlc, and of course better mod support.

Take famous Skyrim for example. That game lives till today only because of lively mod community. Otherwise that game is just... bland, boring, buggy. 

Skyrim was in very bad condition after release and many of its issues was never fixed, even the newest Legendary Edition had many game breaking bugs which needed to be fixed by community.

So again, my opinion is that this game just need a little more love from EA & Bioware.

And sorry for my crude english Standard smile

Best regards

Message 16 of 46 (2,013 Views)

★ Guide
@rulerkelso Well with the vaults being in close proximity, what else where they supposed do? There is only so much open world so out of necessity they needed to do it. I agree with you in concept, but the reality of the development is it couldn't really be done another way without greatly expanding the boards.

I fully disagree Skyrim was bland and boring, but buggy is probably an understatement. The game had a lot of greats things but in some ways also limited itself in ways that didn't make much sense.

EA shouldn't have cut support, but unfortunately there were so many crying babies that didn't get their way they just killed it off. Its a sad state of gaming at the moment. Gamers really need to get their heads out of their rears. We could've had more fixes and dlc that would've made the game better but they just bought the negativity and cancelled support. Of course, if it was developed the right way from the beginning the issues would've been far less.
Message 17 of 46 (1,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I loved the game too.  Over all I had a great deal of fun with it, and found the story quite good over all. and the combat the best of any ME game, I was disappointed in the swapping from one class to another, and felt is was a good Idea, but not implemented properly.

Most of the people I chat with, and know complained more about the Ugly characters than the game play.  Bioware has bent over back wards for some small feminist movements to the point of enraging a lot of there main player base ( a small voice to silence the Flag ).  Take that for what it is, but it is something that has hurt them.

The other thing is Mass effect 3.  Those that invested as I did nearly 5 years in a character creation, and became attached to that story, and the person they guided through it have a very bitter taste in there mouth at the way that game was ended.   There fore I believe most anything ME attached, that Bioware released was attacked with a great deal of malice, and if even the slightest thing was out of place Bioware, and the game were going to be trashed.

For my part I thought all the games main animation bug's were weeded out, I do still see the occasional head spin around back wards, but not in a long time.  I had to in order to get a good looking character resort to Modder's that came up with fixes and improvements for the armor, and the face creation.

Many other I think feminist orchestrated things that were in the game had to be solved by modders too..

Bioware just does not listen to there true fan base, and what they really want in a fantasy anymore in the respect of the look and the presentation of the characters and people you play, and play with during the game.

Small loud mouth's that prey on the fact that everyone has to be politically correct pushed agenda's through that in many way's did a terrible number on ME:A. And the true fans who spent more time playing the game than posting lost.

I love the game, there were points I was dissatisfied with, but they did not keep me from playing it through at least 3 or 4 maybe more times.. It was, and is a great game

Message 18 of 46 (1,921 Views)

★ Guide

While I played after all the patches were out, I can understand glitches being annoying but Ive never had anything game breaking. I enjoyed this one more than the previous games because of the open world and rpg system despite the weaker characters and story. I really dont get all the hate for it.

Message 19 of 46 (1,896 Views)

@AeromusPrime22 

The reason I see for people hating it is two fold.  First a group of people were still hurt over how ME3 turned out and thus had zero desire to give any break to MEA when it came out.  The second reason I see, is that people are comparing MEA to the ENTIRE 1-3 series and all the development that was in them.  By the second point, people don't compare MEA to ME1 and say look at the similar character development, but instead look at the entire series and say how shallow the new peeps are compared to Ashley, Liara, Tali, or Garrus of ME3.  I also happen to think that Bioware itself fell into the second category as well, forgetting that you don't need to bring EVERYTHING into the game including world building, all in one game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 46 (1,881 Views)