Re: This game is a clear example of WTF is wrong with Gamers Today....

by mushashi7

Original Post

This game is a clear example of WTF is wrong with Gamers Today....

★ Apprentice

I have been gaming for over 35 years. Started with the Coleco way back in the early 80’s. Never have i been so consumed by a game before. Honestly, im actually glad I waited two years to finally pick this gem up. From start to finish, ME:A is everything i have dreamed of doing in a Video Game since the days of Metroid. Being a huge fan of shows like The Expanse, Stargate, and offcourse Star Trek, i found my self in a world of adventures very simular to those shows. Space Travel, New Home for Humanity, Politics, Evil forces from unknown Alien Tech, the list can seriosly go on forever. My only sadness, thus far 30 hours in, that it will all end soon with no promise of more. I seriosly think Bioware and EA should have stayed on this game and expanded its Universe further. But, due to all the public negativity that was thrown at the game, i cant blame them.

Which brings me to my topic, this game represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with gamers today. We are being runned by idiots who’s only purpose in life is to find all the wrong in everything we love and profit from it. And the gamers are all falling for it. While playing ME:A, i am not looking at facial animations, i am not thinking about disconnected story plots, im thinking, HOLY S*, i just created an atsmophere on a planet, and now humans are moving in to colonize it. I DID THAT!!! Im thinking, “OMG, who do i save?”. The voice acting, the plots, all of the ventures in ME:A are beyond anything i have ever played in my life. This game is alot more then a simple Action RPG, its a demonstration of Developers who know exactly how to captivate a players inner most thoughts and desires. I truly hope Bioware and EA pick this game up again, add more content, and truly redeem their greatness by showing the gamers that they are the powerhouse of the industry. Not a 19 year old * with a camera and a microphone.

To the team at Bioware. You are a true inspiration to the community. Thank you. You guys risk everything to provide content which never before has been attempted by anyone else. You guys are what makes gamers like me, and millions other’s, continue feeling proud about our hobby. This game is truly a work of art. Under appreciated work of art. But then again, in the time when Claude Monet painted, everyone though he was crazy and could not see the world in its true essense. Today, we have realized that the essense of our world was never depicted more clearly then in a Claude Monet Painting......

Message 1 of 46 (11,622 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, gamers (well, people in general now) throw tantrums and yell as loud as they can as soon as they don't like something they see or hear. It's ridiculous. Of course, establishments need to stop giving in to them.

I've really enjoyed ME:A and am on my second play through. I can only imagine how god the game would be had it not the nightmarish development it did. The same thing is happening over at the Anthem boards.
Message 2 of 46 (11,555 Views)

★ Apprentice

Totally! Imagine if they didn’t have to actually code it with Frostbyte. And even still, BioWare was able to pull it off. This game is so freaking consuming, I haven’t skipped dialogue since minute 1. And the incorporation of the romance along with the Andromeda’s Initiative makes you feel like you’re actually building something as a hero rather then just running around laying waste.

as far as Anthem. I have almost 300 hours invested into that. All four Javs are 730+. BioWare and EA took a risk with Anthem. And believe me, it will pay off because they are actually building the game around their core players. That’s something I’ve never seen a developer do. However, we need a continuance to MEA. Like NOW!!! lol. I’m actually willing to start a GoFundme to get the project started. Cause wow is this game every dream I had when I started gaming 35 years ago. It’s actually exceeded every expectation you could ever want in a sci-fi game. 

Message 3 of 46 (11,550 Views)

★ Guide
I'd love a sequel as ME:A still has tons of untapped potential, and there are some relatively minor changes that can be made that can make it even better.

While I think the storyline and characters weren't as good as the other ME games, RPG elements and combat options were far better and it finally got the open world that was needed. So really it's in some ways the worst ME game and some ways the best. Ironically I tend to go against popular opinion with the series: I was willing to make the above trade offs for ME:A and think its good, whereas ME2, usually rated the best, I thought had such bad combat and just enough RPG elements and systems it was easily the worst of the series despite excelling at story, characters and locations.
Message 4 of 46 (11,544 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Very eloquently phrased and extremely true. I have been investigating the Mass Effect Andromeda misstep and a lot around Bioware. Unfortunately there are a seeming minority that are out to bash, moan and complain about Bioware they shout so loud that other people think it was their idea.

I can see there were problems in Development but where Bioware needed understanding and patience after a problematic release all they got was kids shouting in their face.

But this seems to be the done thing with Bioware ever since Mass Effect 3 produced an ending people were not expecting, though I didn't particularly like the ending myself I appreciated the artistic intent and applauded the bravery in using unpopular idea of ending a series in the fashion they did, even better was the extended ending which answered some queries but didn't take away from the intended ending.

I haven't finished Andromeda yet but I am thoroughly enjoying the experience thus far, it only saddens me that when its over its over (for the next while at the very least). And all because the few shouted a lot louder than most, contented people but rallied people to their cause.

And the problem persists, I was on a certain forum and every thread had one person in particular shouting his (or her) discontent even today, when someone comes back saying "Actually it isn't as bad as I thought" He (or she) is right on it to bash and bemoan. This makes people not want to say they enjoyed it.

I see Anthem is getting a lot of hate also and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were exactly the same people who just didn't understand or even didn't want to try to understand the ending of Mass Effect 3 and just had their tantrum renewed. Now I haven't played Anthem, and I will be honest, its not my thing, but if this fails, that could mean no more Mass Effect and that would be truly sad. 

I for one Love Andromeda both for what it is and what it could have been, but we will sadly not see that because of those petty people.

Message 5 of 46 (11,408 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ boom_boom299

I can relate to every point in your post. Mass Effect is unique and special. No matter how other companies try they didn't reach the high stade of roleplay as Bioware.
Mass Effect is always going to be games you compare all other games with.

But Anthem? I did play it, but I never gort comfortable with it. I am missing all the ingredients included in Mass Effect and Dragon Age. The way Anthem is constructed has been seen before even. No, Anthem is just a short fling. I'm looking forward to DA4 and hopefully AD:A2.
Anthem is well made in every ingredient but not a game for me.

Message 6 of 46 (11,318 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am guessing you just did the story and nothing else, then yes....awesome story, decent ending, but the point of a Bioware game is to have loads of side content to do and that is where they supremely messed up, alot of the side quests are bugged and if you do not do certain missions that you have to find out on your own, at random locations within a certain time, they get locked out due to a main story reason and therefore is not possible to be completed.

These bugs never got fixed, because they couldn't be asked....but they released plenty of MP content....oh yeah......Micro-transactions....nevermind, they didn't release anything story related and they had ALOT of plot holes.

I think instead of doing a new ME game, they should atleast fix Andromeda bugs......and i mean all of them, well that would be impossible, but you know what i mean and they should complete and release all story DLC for free, consider it a 'sorry we screwed you over for this game' type of thing.

Message 7 of 46 (11,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Viper_1Down They did just release an update for the first dragon age.. just saying ..

and yes i wholeheartedly agree that mass effect series is the rpg most to my liking too
Message 8 of 46 (11,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've loved the whole mass effect series. I love story driven games like this, you reach the end and feel like something is missing and the story needs to go on.

When it was said there were to be no more I couldn't believe it. 

Message 9 of 46 (10,987 Views)

★ Guide

You can thank idiots who cant deal with things not being exactly how they want it and throwing major fits like spoiled children. 

Message 10 of 46 (10,933 Views)