This game has turned into a cheat fesival!

by FaZaaa_82

Original Post

Re: This game has turned into a cheat fesival!

Champion (Retired)

Why doesn't somebody do an actual "cheat festival" where all the clumpy weirdos can convene to discuss the sad act of cheating in video games? At least we would know where they are. Thinking

Message 21 of 29 (506 Views)

★★ Guide

A guy on Reddit wrote a really interesting thread that gave readers a tiny glimpse into the psychology behind why there are so many Chinese cheaters and why most of the hacks for online gaming come out of China. I’ll link it below for anyone interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/azwj51/as_a_chinese_player_i_feel_obliged_to_explain_why/...

Message 22 of 29 (505 Views)

★★ Guide

@IronWolf9k_YT wrote:

I have about 3300 kills, my aim is decent, so I get killed by someone with 7k kills, like lazered, i am like sure this guy is just better then me, so I spectate him for a while, he notices I am watching him, he stops moving in the middle of no cover for a good 5 seconds, then moves again...At this point I already know whats up

THANK YOU!!!  Its like nobody has a clue people can turn cheats off in the middle of playing.  

Message 23 of 29 (470 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
this is a great thread, i hope the devs get to read this. i actually replied to another thread regarding the cheating issue and had a very bad game day today. happy to share in everyone's misery

i was thinking if accuracy checks could be manipulated-- then it might not be the best anti cheat metric.

what if they check for "soft aim"-- the time when your aim reticle is on an enemy player regardless of walls and other barriers. this solves both the problem of wall/map cheaters as well as aim cheaters. while this may not solve the problem entirely, it'll definitely make it harder for cheaters to cheat since if they're using some sort of aim or radar hack they'll be punished for predicting player movement too well
Message 24 of 29 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

Interesting read but a copout at best. I just say region lock the whole country and be done with it or at minimum massive ISP bans or even hardware bans something drastic needs to be done to stop the cheating it eventually just kills all games I enjoy playing so much.

Message 25 of 29 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

A Community such as this can talk all we want, which at least it's nice to see people talking, thinking and sharing.

BUT the TRUTH is, nothing is ever going to change, until it hurts them where it COUNTS ---> THEIR POCKETS!

LAW is going to have to come into play, to a point where the Chinese Government might be held accountable, that is, if the world is seeing China as a major global threat on cheating in the Gaming Indusrtry, or the people creating the cheats are held accountable under law, or any business that might be invloved.

When companies like EA/Respawn start legally going after people, then we might see change.

Also, if this is for now, or ever becomes at any point a Global Threat against the Gaming Industry, then the Gaming Industry, in any country they live, should start getting the cooperation of their Goverment to help them!

Maybe time to also place Sanctions against countries that continue to allow such activity in their countries!

Message 26 of 29 (404 Views)

★★ Guide
Absolutely agree. The game is bordering on unplayable. The likelihood of facing a cheater is as high as facing a regular player. They're practically on a 1:1 ratio by my observation. Out of 100 games where I was killed and observed the players that killed me I concluded that 54 players were definitive cheaters and 46 seemed like regular players.
Now I know people love to hop on the "nuh-uh" bandwagon but either there's a GINORMOUS upswing in the amount of players that're better at FPS games than most pros (unlikely) or there's a sizable upswing in the amount of players cheating (probably).
Message 27 of 29 (393 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It's really frustrating for players that want to play legitly and have fun with friends. The amount of cheaters per game in Asia server is shocking. They reach 10-15k kills without facing any consequences. If this is how EA/Respawn handle it just because they had an incredible start when the game launch then I hope this game gonna die soon to humble them.

What's the point of playing now since it is laggy and infested with hackers.
Message 28 of 29 (370 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@xTomboyRespecter wrote:
Absolutely agree. The game is bordering on unplayable. The likelihood of facing a cheater is as high as facing a regular player. They're practically on a 1:1 ratio by my observation. Out of 100 games where I was killed and observed the players that killed me I concluded that 54 players were definitive cheaters and 46 seemed like regular players.
Now I know people love to hop on the "nuh-uh" bandwagon but either there's a GINORMOUS upswing in the amount of players that're better at FPS games than most pros (unlikely) or there's a sizable upswing in the amount of players cheating (probably).

I believe you, I have seen this in many games. But..

Its just that its not 1:1.  Because the people that kill you are not random players. They are a sample of good players/above average players/cheaters/and average players.

Now that I think about it , its not even that. Its not that the sample of players that kill you is not random. Its the way a hacker operates.  The hacker will hunt you , he will finally face you if there is one in a game.

So I would say, in the games that you are killed by a hacker, there are 1 or 2 hackers in that game.  And not that 1 out of 2 people hack. 

But if you mean 1 out of 2 games have a hacker in them, yes , that is completely correct from my experience.

Message 29 of 29 (323 Views)