This game has turned into a cheat fesival!

by FaZaaa_82

Original Post

Re: This game has turned into a cheat fesival!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@IronWolf9k_YT 

"Cheaters should not be able to reach 7k kills"

---------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately in many games cheaters reach end lvls. In Rainbow6 I'm 160lvl and I see cheaters 200lvl+ all the time.

In that game the matches are 5vs5 and there is a wallhacker in every second game (which means 1 out of 20 people cheat).

Apex is a new game and a lot more players playing. So its too early for 1/20 people to cheat. But unfortunately, it will happen eventually.

Message 11 of 29 (651 Views)

★ Guide

@Anaxim_0 wrote:

Unfortunately even if it cost $50 still it would have the same amount of cheaters. The reason is that a cheater is banned once a year at most. So they buy the game again.

There are a lot more cheaters that what you think, in the gaming community.

40% of gamers have cheated(at some point) or they still cheating, in multiplayer games, there was a research.

You are right mate. After the level 100, there was no reward and the pass was too bad, so I got bored of the game and so I decided to take a break from the game. I started playing BO4 and I noticed that BO4 has more cheaters than Apex. Each game cheaters fight with each other and we are just dying in the crossfire. A 60-euro game can have more cheaters than f2p game. These armless insects have invaded everywhere...

Message 12 of 29 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

why am i the only guy who doesn't see cheaters :D i saw one tonight and that's it, he even died... after the gunfight he was 1 shot and died to my team... 

1 since, 3 weeks

Message 13 of 29 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

An accuracy stat might help, but then again it might not.

In Quake Champions 70% accuracy is not considered cheating, so what would the optimal accuracy here be before it became suspicious?

And the biggest flaw in my theory is that a player that is cheating can reduce their accuracy simply by just firing at nothing inbetween 100% accuracying other players.

They could easily drop their % down by firiing blindly with no target.

It was difficult to tell who was cheating, but I have never played a game before where I was convinced that there is an aim assist option that I wasn't able to find.

Players with x000 kills definitely need to have their stats examined, all you hear about these days are AI taking over the processing of information, how hard could it be to have an AI dedicated to flagging suspicious player stats?

Message 14 of 29 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheUnknownMsx  you prolly just dont know what to look for or don't know how cheats work.

Also the obvious cheaters can be overwhelmed, because they are in a general sense really terrible players, its the closet cheaters that look totally legit that are the problem.

The obvious ones will be banned at some point, its the closet cheaters that will still be playing in 2 years from now that are the biggest problem.

They cheat just enough to give themselves an edge, like people that have really good aim, now have them add an wallhack to that aim, that will boost their awereness 100x and reaction speed, because they know you are about to rear that corner.

Message 15 of 29 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TheUnknownMsx there is a cheating problem, you just have to log in and play one match.

Kids aren't thinking about new players that log in, get lasered and will quit entirely before reaching level 10. There's a large player base that are still waiting to play Apex the way it should be, but can't. In the first month of Apex there were clans forming, lots of content being released, and all the plug-ins / sites for stats were made. Everyone knew Apex would be huge/different but bots running over the server is limiting anyone's desire to be creative for this game.

Message 16 of 29 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@halo572 wrote:

An accuracy stat might help, but then again it might not.

In Quake Champions 70% accuracy is not considered cheating, so what would the optimal accuracy here be before it became suspicious?

And the biggest flaw in my theory is that a player that is cheating can reduce their accuracy simply by just firing at nothing inbetween 100% accuracying other players.

They could easily drop their % down by firiing blindly with no target.

It was difficult to tell who was cheating, but I have never played a game before where I was convinced that there is an aim assist option that I wasn't able to find.

Players with x000 kills definitely need to have their stats examined, all you hear about these days are AI taking over the processing of information, how hard could it be to have an AI dedicated to flagging suspicious player stats?

there are anticheating tools that do exactly this... they flag suspecious behavior.

Usually you need 2 different type of anticheat and i don´t get it why Respawn or EA didn´t think about it since they both actually have experience with cheaters and different anticheating tools:

1. a pro-active AC which deepscans your PC, processes and block cheats ("Battleye" is a prime example for it)

2. which tracks stats, behavior, movement, overall gameplay and compare it with the rest of the world. ("Fairfight" for example measures a lot of things in game, flags things that don't add up based on what most players are doing, then cross checks it server side, then institutes punishment based on the game publisher if it determines guilt. --- fun fact: Titanfall and Battlefield, both use Fairfight)

These 2 things together are the best which we could have nowadays.... they wont catch all, that´s 100% safe, but they catch most of the cheaters so they don´t run that rampant, especially with hardware bans. The downside is, if Respawn thinks about changing AC now, it will take weeks, if not month until enough Data is collected to make them efficient.

Everyone who played Alpha, Beta and Release version of Rainbow6:Siege know how bad EAC was and the game nearly died before devs switched to Battleye+Fairfight.... after that it took them severall weeks to start the first banwave. Following this intial banwave the game managed to gain new momentum und suddenly became a huge success for Ubisoft now for severall years already.

I have that feeling that they just didn´t want to implement different AC because of a business decision, since EAC is the cheapest one and others just cost too much and Respawn actually has no real income since the game is F2P, millions got payed to Streamers and Battlepass was underwhelming which ended in not enough people buying it.

Message 17 of 29 (577 Views)

★★ Guide

@MjNaiseThere's also plenty of cheaters in Fortnite with EAC.. why do they all choose to use it at first? They must have a great sales team.

Message 18 of 29 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@Anaxim_0 wrote:

Unfortunately even if it cost $50 still it would have the same amount of cheaters. The reason is that a cheater is banned once a year at most. So they buy the game again.

40% of gamers have cheated(at some point) or they still cheating, in multiplayer games, there was a research.

You are right mate. After the level 100, there was no reward and the pass was too bad, so I got bored of the game and so I decided to take a break from the game. I started playing BO4 and I noticed that BO4 has more cheaters than Apex. Each game cheaters fight with each other and we are just dying in the crossfire. A 60-euro game can have more cheaters than f2p game. These armless insects have invaded everywhere...

Even in Rainbow6 with battleye, 1 out of 20 people hack (the matches are 5vs5 and there is a wallhacker in every second match). Of course before battleye it was completely cheater vs cheater and the legit players were used as support.

When it had only fairfight there were 2-3 walhackers in every game.Thats why I use to say that 1 out of 3 gamers would hack if they could, because in games with no anticheats or with bad anticheat , it actually happens. There are games that 1/3 people hack.(not often, but it happens).

I know that apex has so many casual players, that its a different story. But still, even if 1 out of 60 players hack , still its bad for apex.

Message 19 of 29 (522 Views)

★ Guide

@Anaxim_0 wrote:

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@Anaxim_0 wrote:

Even in Rainbow6 with battleye, 1 out of 20 people hack (the matches are 5vs5 and there is a wallhacker in every second match). Of course before battleye it was completely cheater vs cheater and the legit players were used as support.

When it had only fairfight there were 2-3 walhackers in every game.Thats why I use to say that 1 out of 3 gamers would hack if they could, because in games with no anticheats or with bad anticheat , it actually happens. There are games that 1/3 people hack.(not often, but it happens).

I know that apex has so many casual players, that its a different story. But still, even if 1 out of 60 players hack , still its bad for apex.

Believe it or not, I've cheated in only one game in my 20-year gaming life. GTA:ViceCity :D I cannot understand how it is giving them pleasure to play by cheating in an online game. I can't imagine what a loser they're in their heads enough to do that. When I think about playing in that way, it seems to me very boring and meaningless. There is a balance between win and defeat. Without defeat, victory does not provide pleasure. But because they are already losers, they want to win continuously. All I can say is how pathetic they are...

Message 20 of 29 (519 Views)