Re: This game NEEDS selectable matchmaking region options

by MiqiGs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

This game NEEDS selectable matchmaking region options

★★★★ Novice

For other reasons than EA region locking sales, the more obvious reason as to why you need matchmaking:

In EU we've so many language barriers.

This might not be an obvious thing for US players, you might get a spanish speaking or portuguese speaking player once in a while depending on how far your matchmaking region stretches. but in the EU within our matchmaking region we've 20+ languages spoken within our matchmaking region.

We're on the internet, a lot of players have social anxiety either from actually having social anxienty or from being young and inexperienced with communicating with others. so when you beat the odds of actually finding teammembers who wants to talk, it's very rare that you meet someone who speaks english as well, because english isn't a first language for any of the countries except england. and youngsters who learn english in school suffer even more so from social anxiety in the EU on the internet because they know they speak the language at a very broken level and therefor would rather not talk than being called out for speaking the language on a broken level.

which brings me to the reason why we need cross region play.

I would rather have 100 latency playing cross region from EU to US with a high chance of matchmaking with people who speak english than being matched with people who don't talk or who jabber on in their own native language on an open mic with no respect for the random member they picked up.

The fact that this isn't standard in any game company these days is beyond my comprehension. Welcome to being an international game developing company.

and Yes it's only a 100 latency issue for me which is doable as I've done it in several other games, including FPS games.

I don't personally play solo, I play online games to play with others and socialize. not to sit in a quite room shooting at entities I can only pretend to be another human being.

Communication is key in a online game and don't tell me to just use the chat 4head to communicate in a FPS game.

And if it's EA holding you back from making cross region matchmaking, then god have mercy on your soul.

Message 1 of 3 (1,090 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So turns out you can actually switch matchmaking region, it's just hidden.

This clip from twitch is the exact reason as to why this needs to be a transparant options,

And the exact region I choose to play on US servers as a EU player as written above.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusCrazyMangetoutCoolStoryBro

How to change match making region:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedBovineVelociraptorTheTarFu

Text description:

Launch the game and sit in the innitial menu screen with the "click to continue"

Wait for 40-60 seconds.

Hit ESC and ESC again to close the menu, this will refresh the welcome screen and reveal a hidden 3rd option.

Voila. choose your region.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So turns out you can actually switch matchmaking region, it's just hidden.

This clip from twitch is the exact reason as to why this needs to be a transparant options,

And the exact region I choose to play on US servers as a EU player as written above.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusCrazyMangetoutCoolStoryBro

How to change match making region:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedBovineVelociraptorTheTarFu

Text description:

Launch the game and sit in the innitial menu screen with the "click to continue"

Wait for 40-60 seconds.

Hit ESC and ESC again to close the menu, this will refresh the welcome screen and reveal a hidden 3rd option.

Voila. choose your region.

Message 2 of 3 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The datacenter option also shows up if you get a connection issue, probably because as far as Respawn is concerned you wouldn't need this option unless you have connection issues.

Message 3 of 3 (1,022 Views)