Re: This duo gold rush...

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

This duo gold rush...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Has some good points like if you are a solo player you have 1 less random to deal with. Next to that, this means in most cases that you only have to deal with 2 ppl in a squad so your survivability goes way up if you know what you’re doing, even if your teammate is down. 

If you’re a duo, congratulations, no random for you so if something happends you only have yourselves or the game to blame. No more blaming that third rate third party friendly who’s supposed to be your teammate. 

That’s basically the only 1 point... divided into 3 smaller points that I deem worthy of praise. One could also say that people are gaining more experience with carepackage weapons I suppose. 

But the ones who’s been here for a while know that I don’t do positive things. So here goes what’s just plain wrong (in my eyes) with this game mode. 

1) the g’damn loot distribution... my holy peanutbutter on a stick is starting to drip! How is it possible to find 3 krabers next to each other on multiple occasions, but getting some darn ammo takes multiple buildings to go through only to come up with 60!

2) the amount of each weapon. The way I see this. Kraber and L-star are almost equally distributed, followed by the G7, then the Flatline, followed by Mastiff and finally Eva-8 (thank peanutbutter for this one). I’m not a sniper person, least of all a kraber... let alone in close quarters... so it’s funny to see in a 10m cubic space that I can find 4 krabers, 1 L-star and 30 light and heavy ammo... 

This basically results in you constantly hearing POWwww... and on occasion the BAM from the masty! 

3) the seemingly lack of playtesting that went into this. This game is all golden weapons right? It says so in the briefing. So tell me... why does the 2nd challenge (1500 dmg with golden weapon) sticks at the same place unless you hit ppl with the G7, Flatline, Charge rifle, Triple Take or Eva-8.... Why don’t the golden care package weapons don’t work... they should’ve either rephrased the challenge description by mentioning care package weapons are not included or include them for the challenge. 

Last point (sorta) that’s funny... when you start up you see lifeline & octane and the mention of gold rush with all golden weapons... I think lifeline had a G7 but I’m not too sure about it. What does the octane carry? An Alternator. Tell me Respawn, why put out such a pic to promote the LTM when you don’t have an alternator in this game mode (yet)! Seems weird as heck. 

Now I’ll put on my tin foil hat. I see what you are doing Respawn. You’re trying to boost ppl’s shotgun/sniper skillz for the upcoming Armed & Dangerous game mode! Think about it people.

Either I’m extremely unlucky cause I keep finding mostly lvl 1 armor whereas I usually find alot of blue... this could also be from an earlier patch tho. A&D is also only/mostly level 1 armor. So people now know how frustrating that game mode can be

Thank you for reading

Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  Ok so thats why my damage is still 0 rofl...i've been running kraber mastiff every game lmao.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Yup thats why. I already thought that it was strange but I think @Pretzelnutcake said it in another thread when I paid attention and sure enough, like he said, not all weaps count and I knew right away that it was those care package weapons.
Message 3 of 5 (259 Views)

★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Gibby, Flatline, G7...first game played, crowned champions, all 3 daily challenges for arcade points accomplished in one game.

Glad I'm done with this mode, although fun, it's just not for me personally.
Message 4 of 5 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26Nice! Good game!

Yea I was also done after 3 games (not with challenges) but I persevered to get that 1.5k dmg and in my second to the last game I was champ with only 150 dmg left to do...

Now I’ll just play a few more rounds for mastiff destruction. 

PS: good place to land is mirage voyage people :P

Message 5 of 5 (247 Views)