Re: This LAG is UNPLAYABLE

by SacrificialSloth

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@1ronKeysTo be fair these things were HUGE problems in season 1. It is season 6. Don't be like a celebrity who threatens to move to Canada or out of the US. Just do it.

Message 31 of 35 (237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SacrificialSlothDoesn't matter. I have spent countless hours collecting logs showing it isn't my end and dealing with EA support, who kindly, have no idea how to really help. My logs showed a dumpster fire when Frontier/Ziply hands my connection off to AWS. To be honest even with that the main problem continues and will always be the terrible netcode this game launched with. It is hands down the worst performing game among everything popular.

The most valid anecdotal evidence there is comes from playing any other game than Apex. When you don't have issues traversing what is essential the same paths to your local game servers that are all hosted in AWS it is pretty conclusive where the issue is.

Message 32 of 35 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo wrote:

@TheTrafficKing 

I think you can look at my profile and see that I'm pretty good at following up. Not so much on the weekends when I'm not working though. I respond when I return as I am now. As far as your issue goes, can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions are here.

@EA_Aljo 

The link takes me to an unreachable website. 

Message 33 of 35 (216 Views)

I agree it doesn't help to get them fixing anything.  It does however give you hard data.  I have gotten my ISP to repair and rebury a line because of this program (tried to blame it on my LAN).  I have also found borked cables on my end that were causing issues due to this program (was my issue).  This wasn't just a fix this game suggestion.  This is a, take your network into your own hands so nobody can tell you it is your end, suggestion.  

Completely agree they will never fix the netcode and that is the main culprit here.  I just do not like seeing all the player's networks blamed for it.

Message 34 of 35 (186 Views)

Community Manager

@TheTrafficKing 

Please try this link instead.

Aljo.png
Message 35 of 35 (173 Views)