Re: This LAG is UNPLAYABLE

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@TheTrafficKing 

I think you can look at my profile and see that I'm pretty good at following up. Not so much on the weekends when I'm not working though. I respond when I return as I am now. As far as your issue goes, can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions are here.

Aljo.png
Message 21 of 35 (290 Views)

Community Manager

@BaldWraithSimp 

Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 22 of 35 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am going to give advice to anyone playing on wifi, put your console on the 2.4ghz setting, 5ghz is faster but god forbid a wall is in the way, absolutely destroys the signal whereas 2.4 penetrates walls way better and range is much more too, you don't need 5 for gaming anyway.

"The 2.4 GHz band provides coverage at a longer range but transmits data at slower speeds. The 5 GHz band provides less coverage but transmits data at faster speeds. ... However, higher frequencies allow data to be transmitted faster than lower frequencies, so the 5 GHz band allows you to upload and download files faster."

Message 23 of 35 (287 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Aljo Any known issues when the connection isn't the issue? ie sub optimal servers by different providers and something that can't be fixed our end other than changing to different region with higher ping or playing lottery?
Message 24 of 35 (268 Views)

Community Manager

@apostolateofDOOM 

We're not aware of any issues with the servers. If there are, we'll make an announcement on our official channels. Until that happens, we'll need to individually troubleshoot connection issues.

Aljo.png
Message 25 of 35 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

I did a UO trace before when i had problems with another EA title...

My connection was fine and nornal all the way until it hit the EA servers where it suddenly spiked at 600ms.

"Oh theres your problem ping spikes at 600ms"

😒 when ask why only when it gets to their servers is there a problem.

"Ask your isp why you're having trouble connecting to our servers"

It was at this point i realised it's "always someone elses fault" and why I really can't be bothered jumping through any of their false hoops.

Not to mention when many people were having problems and EA was blaming everyone's internet then their servers went down for 2 days but had been busy blaming everyone else.

RESPECTFULLY, tho, I've had a much more positive experience of the EA representatives on THIS FORUM here for Apex. ♡

Message 26 of 35 (261 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag People play on other servers as well, you know. Your experience is not everyone's experience. EA has trash servers
Message 27 of 35 (246 Views)

Community Manager

@1ronKeys 

If you change your mind and want to continue troubleshooting this, reach out again. Unfortunately, without that, we can't find out what's going on.

Aljo.png
Message 28 of 35 (243 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Aljo Thanks for the reply. I always use a wired connection, my bad I typed it as WiFi. It could be an issue with my ISP or whatever. Sometimes it's like that, so might as well take a week's break and save myself some headache. I did not face any issue up to 18th September, as I already grinded my way to Plat and have around 600 games total. Standard smile
Message 29 of 35 (232 Views)

Community Manager

@BaldWraithSimp 

Sounds good. If you still have trouble when you return to playing, let us know and we'll go through some troubleshooting.

Aljo.png
Message 30 of 35 (230 Views)