Thirsty Mfs (half rant)

by SheepsKing

Original Post

Thirsty Mfs (half rant)

★ Guide

Thirsting downed enemies really makes me mad. I've been thinking about this for a while, but I just had a match that really raged me.

I was with my team right at the end of that tunnel that goes out towards Salvage and there's another team at Salvage already. Im hiding behind a rock while the enemy Path and Mirage start to push us. I scan both of them (Im Bloodhound), down Mirage, rip shields off of Path and get on mic telling this to my team. My Revenant backs up to recharge his own shields, and my Wraith, instead of shooting the retreating Pathfinder, starts trying to thirst Mirage. Not even efficiently either. She missed a thermite and then just shot through his blue KD shield. I extend outward to try and down Path and get sniped and downed since I didnt recharge shields first. My team then gets pushed on and killed.

Why thirst? It's the least important thing to do in that situation and many others. I get people thirsting me when the person who downed me was on a separate team! What's the point? Does that really make you feel accomplished? Even when a teammate is thirsting someone they downed that just makes me feel like they care more about getting credit than helping with the rest of the squad. I mean, I get that it's something that should be done if you can, but more often than not it comes off as a lame boi tactic

Message 1 of 14 (1,226 Views)

Re: Thirsty Mfs (half rant)

★★★★★ Expert
@SheepsKing It’s for extra damage... also for dumbarses who can’t logically think in most situations so they do what they ‘know’. Which is kill a downed person...

It happens alot... 1 down, 2 still nearby... instead of waiting/looking for others, they start thirsting... while enemies are closing in... and my teammate goes down without even successfully thirsting xD
Message 2 of 14 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SheepsKingFor me its situational, if you’re in an area with us and can relay my teams position to your team I’m going to thirst you. Downed players watching you can give their teammates info on your movement which can mean certain death for you. If I need to pop a bat/cells I’m probably going to thirst. I understand that they can hear it. But sometimes they don’t, sometimes they are popping one as well, cancel the bat and come finish you off mid battery.

Most situations such as the one you said I ignore it. Occasionally i’ll need ammo or a battery, if a downed enemy is near me I’m probably going to thirst and grab one.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 14 (1,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I never used to thirst people in season one and two. With the rise in trolls, bad player, cowards and potato players I almost always Thirst if I knocked them down. My stats took a hit in the first 2 seasons compared to the last three seasons.

Nothing is better doing 570 damge (no sniper rifle) and 0 Kills because your team can't take out one person and your left trying to finishing off the squad your self after taking a massive damage hit and losing because You needed to heal a little bit.

Also;

I do thirst the downed players sometimes that were knocked from another person. if their is more then one team in the area battling it out don't want to take on a another full squad that is healed and lose the fight.  One squad of three and a squad of two is easy to take out then worrying about that two full squads could be coming for you, It just makes it easier to deal with. 

It's a BR game it's all about winning, I do what ever it takes to win I don't care anymore. As long I'm winning it legitimately  and I'm not cheating I don't care how I win anymore as long it's a win.

Message 4 of 14 (1,166 Views)

★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 I mean, I get that it's situational and has the benefits you stated, but also I don't really feel like a winner for fighting a downed opponent over a live one. It just rages me, being forced to watch some ratt with a triple take spend 5 minutes waiting for me to drop my shield, moving behind walls and back out like they're really pulling some mind game on me.

Message 5 of 14 (1,152 Views)

★★ Expert

@SheepsKing My weekly says get 50 kills. You bet your butt I'm thirstin' every last person even if it gets me killed. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Expert

That sounds frustrating but if it's a one off incident, I'd just move on.

Bad play could be a reason.  Another reason is people either focused on K/D ratios as if it were the point of the game, Kills so they don't lose rank points, or kills to accomplish challenges.  All those three things can lead people to do stupid assassinations selfishly, than just realize to play with their squaddies will lead to more net kills.  You know how it is, many people aren't team oriented, and there are things in this game which weirdly encourage you to not play as a team.

I know that assassinations aren't always wrong, when sometimes they might seem like they do.  In the super early game, right after drop, you might kill someone if you don't have a suit of armor and haven't picked up enough ammo and a fight is on.  Because you're pretty much useless anyway, and if someone bothers to stop your attempt, maybe your squad mate can kill them, or he'll pick up your box later anyway if you live.  I've seen it in late game because you just never got enough shields or health, and/or your armor is wasted and you do have the cover so you're trying to make a box to loot asap to bring yourself back for the final fight.

But these are rare.  More often than not, yeah, people are trying to register a kill and not thinking straight.  *shrug* that's public play, you know?

Message 7 of 14 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

What's bothering me more now is the 1 after the other walking into death.

Teammate gets downed... or elim.

Next teammate wants to rush in on their own and face the same fate. Then expect remaining teammate to follow same fate.

You're better off waiting til you both have reasonable health and charging together.

At least thirsting downs gets you kills /stops revives. Doing the above just gets you killed.

Message 8 of 14 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SheepsKing Personally if i down someone im not gonna finish them unless they have self rez shield or have an opportunity to jump off a bulding and crawl to their teammate. I see why people do it its just diffrent playstyle I gusse
Message 9 of 14 (1,056 Views)

@Nasher355 If you dont thirst then the downed enemy can ping your location, hence why a lot of people thirst.
I'm that annoying teammate that if I down a Wraith I will finish them. A bit of revenge for them thirsting me by spraying thier R99.
Message 10 of 14 (1,031 Views)