Re: Third Person Mode Discussion thread

by Fury_of_Duck

Original Post

★ Expert
@DarthVaapar It shouldn’t be an option imo, players are favouring the right hand peak way too much, changes the game’s mechanics and dynamics.
Message 21 of 95 (549 Views)

★★★ Expert

Not adding solo's which everyone wants and loved.

Spend time adding TPP which nobody wants and everyone hates.

What the hell is wrong with Respawn? How can insolent can you get?

Message 22 of 95 (545 Views)

★★ Pro

i like 3rd party mode but it shows me that the aim reticle needs to be easier to see, you can see in my game the reticle becoming invisible in the grass;

its really hard to shoot in 3rd person mode. but its good otherwise. thank you i like to play it but i fear gun fights in it.

Message 23 of 95 (527 Views)

★ Guide
Maybe good idea but implementation is not the best. Compared to other 3rd person shooter games this makes you not even want to try for second time.
Message 24 of 95 (512 Views)

★★ Expert

An hour's worth of play impression: A poor little gimmick that fully brings to light how terrible your net-code and servers are. I've had two server fails, and multiple instances where I'm fully behind cover (and I can see it now thanks to the new view perspective) and I am still taking damage from shots that clearly shouldn't be hitting me. Behind doors, behind rocks, behind walls of buildings, I'm seeing rounds hit me and deal damage from a shooter who is still shooting on my screen at a target that has their body 100% behind.

It's great. Really brings into perspective how many fights I would've won due to quickly ducking behind cover. Great work guys. 

Message 25 of 95 (497 Views)

★ Pro
@Gabrielmojo26 I don’t follow. Please elaborate.
Message 26 of 95 (493 Views)

★ Pro

Another thing...  When zooming you lose the benefit of the scopes. Other than digital threats and sniper scopes, all other scopes are just another 3rd person zoom with the hip fire reticles. 

First, the hip fire reticles are dismal for any precision shooting. The 3x scope, for example, is now much less effective. This purple scope has little value at all as a precision tool. Same goes for all other scopes too. They are much less effective. 

Second, this should also be optional. If some players prefer a hip fire zoom reticle, this should be an imbedded option for all scopes in a quality 3rd person setup. This would be similar to how players can adjust sensitivity per scope already. 

Again, I like the idea, but it doesn’t work well currently. I hope that this will be a full option for all players down the road. 3rd person as an LTM only is meh. I’d like to think that this was just an initial test. 

Lastly, remember, the 3rd person camera should be above the head and to the right of the shoulder. Visibility shouldn’t be impaired at all. 

Message 27 of 95 (488 Views)

★★ Expert

@Wingmannedbro 

It's basically a "test server" in disguise

Heart

Message 28 of 95 (458 Views)

Worst mode by far. Couldn't even tell when I was getting shot, couldn't loot and there was little bugs with the ground and objects. Hard pass. 

Message 29 of 95 (452 Views)

★★★★ Guide

3rd person mode is kiddy mode.

Peak corners & walls etc.

It's a bit meh.

Message 30 of 95 (447 Views)