Things you should get points for in ranked

by Bean2kay9

Original Post

Re: Things you should get points for in ranked

Champion
@matzesingt It's above average because some treat this as a tdm which it isn't so they die over and over for that one 10 kill game that is capped at 5 kills lol.

The damage thing would need a cap.
Message 11 of 16 (149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Bean2kay9 

Some of this could easily be abused and backfired :

• revives  : Simply throw grenade to yourself and let your teammate revive you multiple times, then take turn. This will also encourage team mate to let you knock down first to get point.
  • respawns : Same as revive, kill yourself then let team mate farm, then take turn. This will also encourage team mate to let you die first to get point for respawn.

While this one is pure luck :

• killing the kill leader 
  • killing the champion 

We can consider this one:

1. Being a kill leader since this's real deal, can't fake this one.

But the trikcy part, ideally you've to be killed leader until the end, and it's hard to decide since you might be killed leader then team is eliminated, they can't give you the point.

If it's not the end, just during game, the hot drop guy will have high chance to be kill leader then start camping and lost the kill leader and still get the point. Probably it's ok ?

Message 12 of 16 (147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

First thing first, kills cap should be removed. If someone is dropping 20 kills in a particular tier and winning, it's ridiculous that he gets the same point as someone with 5 kills. Give that guy like 1000 RP lol. He doesn't belong in lower tiers. This will make sure that people get to the tier they belong faster, yes you heard me right!

Before anyone takes out the pitchfork with a sign saying 'This isn't TDM', yeah this is a BR and an FPS. Process that through your brain and realize what that means. Your mechanical skill should matter as much as your ability to survive.

Message 13 of 16 (141 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp I'm all for removing the kill cap. I've said this many times on other threads like this.
Message 14 of 16 (134 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bean2kay9I think it evens out when you get to that point that you can't climb anymore by camping. You can make it to plat easy without getting a single kill, that's why there are so many...not great players.... stuck at plat4 dragging a lot of us down until we make it to D3

Message 15 of 16 (132 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BaldWraithSimpWhile I agree it shouldn't be capped, the multiplier is the reason why they capped it.

Message 16 of 16 (129 Views)