Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Things Anthem Needs, and needs right now.

by S0KETH

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Things Anthem Needs, and needs right now.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

After finishing the Campaign a few days back and playing thru pretty much everything except GM-2/3 there are some Major Game "quality of life" things that need to be implemented into Anthem, and it needs it right now.

TLDR:
1) Faster Travel in FORT
2) Fast Travel in Free Play
3) Waypoint System
4) Ping System
5) Stat Page
6) More Frequent World Events
7) World Events marked on MAP
8) Text Chat (idea by Dante)
9) Mini Map (ideas from lot people)

1) Faster travel speed in the FORT, right now with the scale of the Fort and how many times you need to go back and forth to chat with people, the movement in the Fort is SLOW and needs to be faster than what it is.

2) Fast Travel within the Free Play area.. Once you have unlocked a Strider point you should be able to select that strider as a Fast Travel option to get back to one of the Challenge Doors, or maybe get closer to where others are in your play area... Yes by all means put it on a cooldown so you cant abuse it, but put it in.. I mean plenty of times i have been on the other side of the map and needed to go back to the 1st Challenge Door near the FORT starting platform and thought it would be quicker just to leave the Free Play and come back into the Free Play again at the start than Fly all the way there.

3) Way point system. Yes Anthem had a Way Point marker when doing Contracts or Mission, but soon as you are in Free Play there is nothing and i find a lot of the times having to Open up my Map numerous times to re orientate myself to where i was travelling. The longer the Flight the more i have to open my map for Orientation because of the distractions and obstacles along the way. A simple "Set Way Point" right click on the map giving us a Coloured Arrow on the Compass is all we would need so we can travel in that direction and be able to orientate ourselves without having to open up out Maps 5-10 times.

4) Ping system, allow us to "PING" resources or chests so it alerts our party members to the fact they are about to miss out on loot cause they didnt see it. I know that it has been mentioned it might be coming after Bioware saw it in action in Apex Legends, but it is needed ASAP.

5) A Stats page that allows us to be able to see the bonuses were are getting, what our HP is at, what our Crit DMG is at our +Dmg to skills, our Resistances etc. This is a MUST have item especially since you are adding in bonuses that we cannot track other than making a guess by what we can see on our gear.

6) More Frequent World Events... I dont know how many times i have been out and about in Free Play to sometimes travel for 10-20mins without coming across any World Events and sometimes where i can bounce from one to another. There needs to be a more consistent amount of World Events poping up for people in free play than one person bouncing from Event to event while some others are travelling for 20mins + and not finding a single event.

7) World events being marked on the Map so people can see and head to them. Goes without saying and will help the above Frequent World Events out a lot if people know where they are.

8) Text chat needs to be added in cases of wanting to inform people in your party that you need a Rez or something rather, even if it is just banter between people during a mission. Not all people use MICS, not all people are on Discord or something with their mates. Most people are playing solo and having a conversation with people while on mission can lead to friend requests and general Coordination between players who arent able to use a mic.

9) Mini Map should be added for another ease of direction. Lot of people feel this will be a better option than Waypoint system. Whilst i think the mini map is not needed and would be a little intrusive unless made to be very transparent a lot of other people would rather this and have asked me to put it on the list.

These are what i consider the MUST have quality of Life Items Anthem Needs and NEEDS right now. If there are more please Comment.

Message 1 of 44 (1,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Things Anthem Needs, and needs right now.

★★★★ Guide

Excellent list there agree 100% The fact this stuff isn't in at release is a bit mind boggling.

Only thing i'll add is a text chat..

View in thread

Message 2 of 44 (1,454 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Excellent list there agree 100% The fact this stuff isn't in at release is a bit mind boggling.

Only thing i'll add is a text chat..

Message 2 of 44 (1,455 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You're the kind of person the developers are listening to.

You're the reason it's so hard to enjoy this game.

The gameplay and it's story is amazing. Just about everything else from the UI to how you go about getting missions is bad and needs to be fixed.

As a live service game it needs real criticism like this topic. Not people defending as if it's perfect.

I've been gaming for almost 30 years and a lot of the problems they have in this game were worked out in other games over the past 15 years. Some of this stuff will mentally exhaust a person who actually likes the game.

Stuff like this will make Anthem fail. And I know you don't care because you're having fun, however given that Anthem is a game that is hosted on servers if it fails that means it goes away FOREVER.

If this game fails no one gets to play anymore. Not you who thinks it's perfect nor the people who criticize it as a live service product and want it to be better.

Joking the players should put together an excel sheet to track dynamic stat changes is crazy when stat changes have been tracked in RPGs for decades.
Message 3 of 44 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I remember seeing posts like BryGuy357's on the Destiny 2 forums after release and shortly before it fell off the map. You're assuming that the majority of people are happy paying the $70+access for the little amount of content available in game. Interesting outlook you have on the state of the game.

Message 4 of 44 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@BryGuy357 wrote:

Oh one more thing....EA...the * whine and cry thats why you see their bs. Most of us who like the game the way it is...dont bother whining on forums. These crybabies spend all their time on forums pestering Devs to change  *. Leave it the * alone, they are not the majority.

Oh boy, a top tier fanboy appears, watch out everyone!

How about, you accept that people actually offer suggestions for improvement to a game they like, or try to like!? Noone was whining, the only oneso far are you, because your feelings are hurt that someone wont blindly agree with everything they present us.

Message 5 of 44 (1,375 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agree with you.

+1

Message 6 of 44 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd rather have a mini-map than text chat, but otherwise that's a solid list of needed improvements.

Message 7 of 44 (1,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BryGuy357 wrote:

Oh one more thing....EA...the * whine and cry thats why you see their bs. Most of us who like the game the way it is...dont bother whining on forums. These crybabies spend all their time on forums pestering Devs to change  *. Leave it the * alone, they are not the majority.

Well, I have to disagree here... sure, there's those people who are just rooting for Anthem to fail because BW isn't giving them the kind of "story rich" adventure they played in their halcyon days and they're just pissed about that and rage on every available media platform.

But the OP isn't one them. Those are very reasonable QoL suggestions (s)he's making. I don't know if I personally need every one of those things in the game right now, but it's simply constructive criticism, not whining. 

Message 8 of 44 (1,305 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd love faster travel around the fort, please!  Waypoints would be quite nice as well, yes to more world events, yes to text chat so my deaf friend can play with me.

Ya, that's right.  Deaf friend doesn't want to play right now, since we have to jump back and forth to discord to chat to one another.  If you're going to have VOIP, then get text chat in too, please!

Message 9 of 44 (1,258 Views)

★★★★ Guide

3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 I agree with completely. As for the rest, meh. I'd rather have some kind of minimap on the HUD. We are in an armored suit, after all, would think that would be appropriate.

Message 10 of 44 (1,255 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help