They didn't touch Navel Laser?

by DeliciousSamosa

Original Post

They didn't touch Navel Laser?

★ Guide

This ability is possibly the worst in the game. I won't repeat myself again. Please open your eyes devs....

Message 1 of 12 (706 Views)

Re: They didn't touch Navel Laser?

★★★ Guide

I understand your concern for this ability. It is easy to be killed when active. Try keeping a distance and/or get some cover, you can hit zombies around cover, making it harder for them to hit you.  @Fork_x_Spoon mentioned about an idea for an upgrade which allowed a person to have their peel shield up when navel laser is active. I think the damage should stay the same. You said in your previous post but if you could cancel it out, which would make it easier to survive. which would make the ability better.

Message 2 of 12 (679 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DeliciousSamosa yea i agree, its hard to use it, you cant even cancel out of it
Message 3 of 12 (664 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DeliciousSamosa

I think the best way to balance navel laser and to avoid making it like sun beam is to make the navel laser shoot a bunch of smaller lasers that focus on one area.

You'll be able to hit enemies up close and you can also focus on enemies far away, and shred them apart.

My idea is a 4 projectile laser that deals 2 damage, and grows to 4 when you've used up 30 bullets. You shoot 6 times a second, dealing in a base 2x4x6 = 48 dps, up to a max 4x4x6 = 96 dps.
Message 4 of 12 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DeliciousSamosaDO NOT use Naval Laser at close range! It saddens me the fact that so many "Citron players" die because they use the ability at close range. You can't jump, sprint, cancel it, or pull up your shield while you're using it. Only use it at long range!

Message 5 of 12 (600 Views)

★ Guide

@Joseph2004045 Indeed. I don’t use this ability up close. In fact, I don’t use this ability at any range. I don’t use it at all! Wherever you are, Navel Laser is bound to give your location to Zombies, leading to Focus Fire screwing Citron in seconds. The fact that Popcap/EA are oblivious that this ability sucks is very infuriating.

Message 6 of 12 (565 Views)

★ Guide

Navel laser is one of the worst abilities in the game. One time, I won a team vanquish game at match point (49/49 team score) solely because the citron I fought used navel laser. I was left with minimal HP. 

Message 7 of 12 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Navel Laser is a weird ability as it's pretty decent in PvE, but terrible in PvP. I'd like to see it adjusted to make it more useful in PvP. Not sure exactly how but maybe give it some of its old damage back, step up the damage it causes more quickly, make it higher damage per tick but it's a shorter duration weapon (so you aren't stuck channeling it for so long), let us cancel it so we don't stuck using it in a bad spot, or something else.

Message 8 of 12 (485 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DeliciousSamosa they can fix it by:
Increasing damage
Allowing you to cancel it while using it
Message 9 of 12 (469 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DeliciousSamosa It's not so bad if you use the Juiced upgrade except you shouldn't use in close range
Message 10 of 12 (429 Views)