Re: These prices are overboard.

by Jeeha0

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@-BiA-Pesqez wrote:

@Jimmahwd rarity = value

@7cyanide yep, that’s because you want to sell lot of oranges. And all the oranges are pretty much the same. They could do that for lower tier skins. Have them cheap and hope to sell many, but to do that they’ve got to make the legendary skins much less common. 

Problem is legendary is so «cheap» and common it makes all other skin tiers garbage.

They need to get to a place where people scream of joy if they get an epic.

Rarity only equals value if it is a product you can resell. 

Skins can not be sold.

Hence they are only rare. 

As we have seen in Pubg with the ridiculous prices people paid for cometics.

Message 21 of 34 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@7cyanide What logic are you trying to imply here you’re comparing a loan scenario with a gambling scenario????? EA are know for ripping off customers and thats why their games dont last more than a year.
Message 22 of 34 (521 Views)

Champion

I think it does seem overly steep, obviously Respawn have put a lot of work into these skins but with the prices as high as they are and limited ways to get the skins you want without doing the RNG lottery, I can understand why players are upset because it's borderline predatory. 

I don't think lowering the prices of these packs would actually damage the amount of intake EA will make from this event, because at the current prices they just aren't accessible to the majority of players. 

Honestly the best way to salvage this situation before it gets out of hand is to lower the prices of each pack to 350 Apex Coins. Then refund apex coins back to players that have bought the packs already. Allow people to craft whatever Iron crown skin/item they want with the crowns provided in each pack, so that people can actually work toward getting the exact thing they want.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 23 of 34 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I think the skins look awesome and hopefully E.A will invest alot of the revenue into Respawn so they can continue with what they do best.

Message 24 of 34 (471 Views)

★★ Pro

I agree. I'd rather have to put a lot of time into earning these in-game than paying almost $200. That's ridiculous. 

Message 25 of 34 (465 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah I am not giving them any of my money only because of how desperately greedy and aggressive they are with monetizing stuff.

Message 26 of 34 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What EA's ''brilliant team of business people'' seems to miss is this:
1 player 162 usd = 162 usd
10 players 50 usd = 500 usd
20 players 20 usd = 500 usd
40 players 15 usd = 600 usd
100 players 10 usd = 1,000 usd
1,000 players 5 usd = 5,000 usd
5,000 players 5 usd = 25,000 usd
10,000 players 5 usd = 50,000 usd
100,000 players 5 usd = 100,000 usd
1,000,000 players 1 usd = 1,000,000 usd

I am one of those who would be ok with spending 5-20 usd for a couple of skins that I want, ''not boxes''. There are probably tens of thousands of players that would be fully ok with spending up to 50 usd for skins that they want. They could make skins cost 5 usd and many thousands of people would buy a skin or two that they otherwise would not have bought.

There will still be people who would buy everything to get the axe, but EA's team do not understand that and treat us all like cattle, we have no own will acording to the marketing team and we all have to pay for things that we probably do not want, to maybe get what we want..

Message 27 of 34 (433 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with you but at the same time it may just be cosmetics but that a part of the game that peoplehave do enjoy cause nobody wants to play a game that does not give you rewards for your efforts. I spent $10 on the bp and then they dont fix anything wrong with the game the price of 1 iron crown box is equal tkand that of 7 normal ones

Message 28 of 34 (396 Views)

★ Novice

EA does not care abput their player base at all and also the prices are EA but respawn are who decided to make it so you get 2 out of the 24 loot boxes needed tobe get the iron crown stuff

Message 29 of 34 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There are better and more ethical ways to make money from a live-service game. Loot Boxes are glorified gambling and an abomination to video games. EA could have very easily made a full shop that let players purchases what they wanted instead of this paywall nonsense they keep trying to implement

Message 30 of 34 (387 Views)