Re: These cheaters are INSANE!

by Goodthrust

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I just copy/paste what i said on another topic : 

I just witnessed a cheater. I was dead and was able to see from his point of view (he was my teamate). He was looking at the sky and made crazy instant headshots to everyone around him without seeing them coming, so there is no any doubt.

The other mate, dead too, recorded it.

Even if it's not that easy to prevent or deal with cheaters, a functionnal report button is a strict minimum.

The guy from the thread is totally exaggerating, there are way more honest players but there are still some cheaters, and it will surely increase over time. It should be considered as a very important problem cause people will leave the game. It is an awful feeling never beeing sure people you re playing against are cheating or not.

Message 11 of 123 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko 

No offence meant, but by saying you have 40 hours in the game and haven't come across _anything_ resembling cheating is just anecdotal. "My grandmother smoked 40 cigarettes a day and lived until she was 100" etc.

There's plenty of evidence on youtube of cheaters tearing through the map killing people left, right and center. That the community manager fails to at least acknowledge that there is a sizable number of hackers, shows that, internally, EA underestimate the scale of the problem.

I appreciate that every game has its share of hackers and that that it is, depressingly, part of gaming on a pc. That said, more needs to be done to combat the issue, and a robust, ingame/inmatch reporting system is a much needed first step.

Playing down the problem is the opposite of what we need.

Message 12 of 123 (1,282 Views)

Re: Cheat users

★★★ Apprentice

@IonHyper_TV @I still haven’t come across a cheater and I was up all night playing lol

But very possible they’re out there for sure, if you have an app to record gameplay, do that too. 

Just spectate them to confirm they’re cheating..

To say someone’s cheating cause they whipped their hair back and fourth doesn’t seem right. I mean, have you seen how fast shroud spins and clocks someone in the face? Just sayin.

but 100% record and report if it’s legit. 👍🏻

Message 13 of 123 (891 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What do you want them to do? the game is f2p. Even if you ban these people they will create a new account and go back at it with in five minutes. Ip bans can be worked around with proxy or dynamic ip. So I see no solution to controlling cheaters on a F2p game as you can't hit their wallet.

Message 14 of 123 (1,243 Views)

★ Novice

A hardware ban would work. That way, they would have to buy a new gpu or even full system to play again.

Message 15 of 123 (1,225 Views)

Re: Cheat users

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Removed by CM]

Message 16 of 123 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

you want hack proof you need to go hardware ban

plus a little math and logic goes a long way too.

But just like 99% of game company, they dont give a *. as long as theyre making money they wont do anything.

So the real way to stop hackers??? stop playing and force game companies to deal with hackers!

Message 17 of 123 (1,188 Views)

★ Apprentice
Its literally impossible to hack on the new gaming systems so of that 40 hours only the time spent on pc is what matters. Secondly, dont completely dismiss cheating as this significantly hurt Pubg and Rb6. Is the op exaggerating yes. But I have seen seen clear cheating. My entire squad got one shotted by a guy using a wingman. We all had purple or gold helmets. My guess he is either running a cheat or modified the game config files. I have also seen people with 30000 kills and 300000 damage pop up in the champion squad. I have also seen guys take 500 plus damage in fire fights as well. There are other instances that are weird but can usually be thrown under the better player category. These would he easier to tell if we had a kill cam and report function.
Message 18 of 123 (1,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Report and kill cam is useless. Companies won't ban based on reports. And they won't waste their time watching kill feed footage. The only way to legit ban cheaters is when their hacks show up on the game's anti-cheat. That is full proof which requires 0% time(money) invested.  In the end I recommend just getting use to cheaters and if you want a game with less cheaters don't play F2P.

Message 19 of 123 (1,132 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EVERY ONLINE game has hackers doesnt matter if its free or 100.00 hackers are scum and will always be scum

Message 20 of 123 (1,109 Views)