There is no star wars battlefront product code in my confirmation email!

by DoctorRedknive

Original Post

Accepted Solution

There is no star wars battlefront product code in my confirmation email!

★★★★★ Newbie

My confirmation email contains no product code for the game I purchased. How can I get a product code?

Message 1 of 15 (11,862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: There is no star wars battlefront product code in my confirmation email!

Community Manager

@DoctorRedknive You generally won't get one. 

The code should be consumed automatically on the account that was used to purchase the game. Log into the Origin client using that account and you should see SWBF in the My Games section. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (12,796 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DoctorRedknive You generally won't get one. 

The code should be consumed automatically on the account that was used to purchase the game. Log into the Origin client using that account and you should see SWBF in the My Games section. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 15 (12,797 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the prompt reply, David! For some reason, the Origin client was requesting the code. I re-started Origin and that fixed everything.

Message 3 of 15 (11,785 Views)

Community Manager

Perfect, thanks for the update/confirmation.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 15 (11,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David I didn't get the product code in my mail either.. I've been restarting the Origin client over and over again with no luck. When signing into my Origin account via a browser I can see Battlefront under my order history, but it doesn't show up in the 'My Games' tab in the client...??? I played the beta a few weeks ago without any issues, but now can't get anywhere as it keeps asking me for this product code and again, not showing up in My Games, so it wasn't 'consumed automatically' as you suggested.

Hope you can help.. :S

Thanks,

Alex

Message 5 of 15 (11,728 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi David,

I want to use my product code for SWBF in SWTOR, how can I find it if it is not in my confirmation email?

Kind regards

Message 6 of 15 (11,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Five years ago, each developer had its own download manager, and a wide variety of ways to handle game registrations.  All of that was put aside to combine everything into Origin, and no such redundant stuff now remains.  No one at all anywhere should have seen any CD Key for Battlefront inside of any eMail anywhere, since that redundancy ended four years ago, plus.  

It's inside of the original player account where the game was purchased, and that's the only place to find it. If you have messed that up so badly you cannot prove you own anything, you potentially are out of luck as a result of being careless.  Only the official support might track a gamer account down, but only with proof of who you are, and of what you bought.

(FYI, looking for any of EA's CMs over the weekend is just wasting time.  They are all at home.)

Message 7 of 15 (11,630 Views)

Re: There will not be any SW Battlefront product codes in any emails!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@QmanRSA 

Your question was answered.  You are on the wrong website for your complaint.  Simple. 

Message 8 of 15 (11,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

How was it answered? To say " It's in the original player account where the game was purchased..." is not a sufficient answer, how do you get it? What is the original player account? Where the game was purchased? On Origin of course, where else? I still don't have a product code.

Message 9 of 15 (11,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Pay close attention.  This is Answer HQ, it is not EA's Help Center.  We are part of a community website, of game player members discussing EA games and offering self-help.  No one here has access into any player account other than our own.  Account problems involving your loss of the pertinent data identifying your account cannot be solved without help from the Game Advisers at Help Center

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

Message 10 of 15 (11,603 Views)