Re: Theory on the R-99

by xTomboyRespecter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Theory on the R-99

★★ Guide

I think the devs put the r9 in the crate because they heard that the community didn't like it. The community was saying it was OP. So the devs put it in the crate, and take the Devo out. I bet you, the devs are going to take the R9 out of the crate in 1 or 2 seasons and nerf it. Taking it out of the crate gives them an excuse to do so, like they did with the mastiff. 

Message 1 of 19 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@ThatCryptoUser  They'll keep rotating the weapons in the care packages. Wouldnt surprise me if the volt or the prowler makes it in there next.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (431 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@ThatCryptoUser  They'll keep rotating the weapons in the care packages. Wouldnt surprise me if the volt or the prowler makes it in there next.

Message 2 of 19 (432 Views)

★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag True, true. I still think the Kraber is going to stay there though.
Message 3 of 19 (426 Views)

★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag inb4 they take out Kraber and replace it with Sentinel
Message 4 of 19 (422 Views)

Champion

@ThatCryptoUser  I'm inclined to agree, unless they did what daze suggested, they would basically have to just  switch both weapons stats around though rendering the whole endeavour pretty pointless if you ask me.

Message 5 of 19 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ThatCryptoUser R99 was a laser beam.
On paper, other weapons were superior in TTK but in practice nothing handled as well as the R99. The only thing that gave it a run for its money was select fire prowler.

@Daze623Unless they nerf the kraber it's never gonna happen.

Message 6 of 19 (402 Views)

★ Expert
@xTomboyRespecter they definitely could do that. And they can make Sentinel a perma charged weapon with really low ammo. I don't know if it's balanced but it would definitely be interesting.
Message 7 of 19 (396 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag I just hope they increase the ammo on the 99. No one touches it because of the ammo shortage.

I don’t mind gun rotations into it. Makes it more appealing to go for care packages. If I miss the PK and want to play with one I’ll check every care package I can.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 19 (390 Views)

★★ Guide
@Daze623 they'd have to hard nerf it and increase projectile speed and/or increase its mag size to compensate.
If they kept the mechanics the same while also nerfing it then they'd be gimping it completely.
You're right though, it would be interesting if they went that route.
Message 9 of 19 (384 Views)

@Daze623 If they rotate the Kraber out and another sniper in, then what ever sniper they put in, needs to be a 1 shot kill gun. Kraber is the only legit sniper in the game. When I hear that I avoid the area it’s being shot from.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 19 (381 Views)