Theory for Horizon lore and Season 8

by FunkyPants112243

Original Post

Theory for Horizon lore and Season 8

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just had a crazy cool thought for Season 8. 

I predict that in Season 8, Horizon successfully reverses the local time in Olympus, and we get a map update of how Olympus looked 87 years before the present day. We know that what she wants most is to see her son again, and we have her ominous quote "I'll keep that promise yet, it's just a matter of time" at the end of her story trailer. A time-reversal causing map changes would be an incredibly cool shift from the causes we've had in the past (i.e. Tower go plop, lava go shwee, Loba go boom, and spooky rockets.) 

Another theory I have is that with the Season 8 Map Changes, The Rift will no longer exist. I think that the playground where Horizon's son plays as she blueprints N.E.W.T. might be the same place as The Rift because they have similar pink trees. In the Gameplay Trailer, Horizon seems heartbroken at the state of The Rift -- she looks around in horror at The Rift when she says "[science] can be a wee bit violent." Also, in the Promise trailer, Horizon is looking directly at The Rift when she says "I'll keep that promise yet." It seems to me like Horizon dislikes the Rift because it's a symbol of the destruction of her home over time.

In my opinion, Horizon will reverse the local time on Olympus somehow, and the Rift will cease to exist for the Season 8 map change. Please comment and tell me if you agree or disagree, or if my theory is impossible, or if I missed something!! Season 7 HYPE!

Message 1 of 1 (126 Views)