The way the Event Items should've been handled

by Voodoocaster

Original Post

The way the Event Items should've been handled

★ Apprentice

I'm going to start off with something positive...

I'm enjoying solo queue. It definitely brings a different feel to the game we already know!

Now on to the event. You guys really messed up. I'm not sure how many times you can fumble before you get cut.

I really love your game, I do! The greed is definitely real though.  I know it's a free game and you have to make money and I know you cant please everyone but the way you decided to handle the event items was pretty much all wrong.

This is the way that I would've handled the event items.

Put each item on direct sale. Legendary items at $7 (700 coins) each and the Epic items on sale for $4 (400 coins) each. Make the Heirloom item FREE if you purchased every item. And all the event store items should be quest items.

$7 x 12 = $84.00
$4 x 12 = $48.00

For a total of $132 or 13200 coins
If you bought the coin packs in a way that it would be enough for all the items it would cost $120 ($108 if you have EA access)

While still expensive to get every item (and a FREE Heirloom) people would be able to choose which items they wanted and not feel cheated on random items they didn't want. You would still make your money because of all the smaller sales but diehard players would cough up the big bucks for the Heirloom. Then for the cherry on top... more people would be playing to try and get the free items! It would be a win all around!

You would also have the benefits of the data. Does the skins purchased actually coincide with the most played champions or did they really like the skin. What did we do in that skin that we didnt in the other skins etc...

But hey, you do you. I hope it works out.

Message 1 of 3 (160 Views)

Re: The way the Event Items should've been handled

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I like the way Session-1 was handle before so we can do this way:

1. Battle Pass owner get exclusive skin (Banglore skin)

2. Get reward  if you do the challenges (epic items).

3. The rest, legendary items, you buy what you want from store as you recommended.

To compensate the drop, 700 instead 1800, player has to use legends point (12,000) on top of it.

Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: The way the Event Items should've been handled

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I like the way the season 1 event was handled too but I feel like that was more of a "I'm sorry the season 1 bp stinks" handling.  The Wraith skin they gave was great.

For this event, I can understand why they would want to charge for items, they just went too far and then threw in the randomness of crates to take it over the edge.  

It's been proven again and again that people will pay crazy prices for items as long as they dont feel like they arent being cheated.   If they would've just let people pick the skins that they want (at the prices I orginally stated) the skins would've sold.  Then the Epic skins would've sold for 400 coins each for the people that wanted the Heirloom for free, instead of taking their luck at opening endless regular crates after the event.

Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)