Re: The toxicity of this game

by Silz616

Original Post

★★★ Expert

Just wanna chime in here and say I TOLD YOU SO when I made my thread "thoughts on the stats page" a few days ago, predicting that the introduction of stats and ranked would significantly impact player behavior and make it.... toxic.

I got booed a lot.

And who's laughing now.

Message 21 of 28 (393 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Silz616 wrote:

I have been part of online racing communities that have been super friendly and helpful. They are a more mature, and less ego driven type of player. The FPS communities (in general) are a toxic pit of precious egos and stat manipulators.

Really tho? I mean, I LOVE racing games, and played Gran Turismo non stop for years.

When I bought Gran Turismo Sport and tried to participate and rank up in online races, it was shocked at the amount of scumbag drivers clearly breaking rules and getting away with it.

It seemed there was no decency at all.

Message 22 of 28 (392 Views)

★★ Guide

@TheRealUth wrote:

Holy hell...

After the launch of season 2 and ranked mode, I have witnessed some of the most insane toxicity in any game I have ever played.
The amount of people raging, quitting, refusing to help teammates and namecalling is insane.

Seriously... if you don't get to pick your main, there is no reason to namecall and just leaving downed teammates, that really just says alot about what kind of child you are.

What is happening to this community? 

Someone never played league of legends.

Message 23 of 28 (387 Views)

★★ Expert

@Silz616 

+1

IMO...racing and killing are two totally different things with two different mindsets.  Pretty sure the "alpha" levels are much higher in the fps world  compared to the online racing community.

Heart

Message 24 of 28 (362 Views)

★★ Expert

@xXCA_RageXx 

My students love LOL...Not my cup of tea.....every time they talk about it, I get toxic and kick them out of the classroom and call them a bunch of p###ies!  It's not my fault I'm like this now. I blame it on the game, new stats and the community Party hat  lol

Heart

Message 25 of 28 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]

is OP complaining on PC or console? Because I don't that much toxicity on PC except from myself when playing with FNG

Message 26 of 28 (344 Views)

★★★★ Guide

People suck and are selfish? 

Message 27 of 28 (319 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

I have been part of online racing communities that have been super friendly and helpful. They are a more mature, and less ego driven type of player. The FPS communities (in general) are a toxic pit of precious egos and stat manipulators.

Really tho? I mean, I LOVE racing games, and played Gran Turismo non stop for years.

When I bought Gran Turismo Sport and tried to participate and rank up in online races, it was shocked at the amount of scumbag drivers clearly breaking rules and getting away with it.

It seemed there was no decency at all.

I was heavily into GTS and active on the forums. Yes some of the online actions of some were dubious especially at the lower levels with people who didn't understand racing, but in the higher levels (I was/am DR:A SR:S level) the racing could be fantastic and the actual community, and the top fast guys were always very approachable, friendly and would give advice. There are always toxic elements to any community, but it's night and day different to the FPS communities imo.

I've not played GTS since Apex launched and I think PD are making a bit of a mess of the game from what I can gather from some of the world tour participants. It's a shame as it had great potential......

Anyway, back on topic Standard smile

Message 28 of 28 (314 Views)