The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

by JonTrollstein

Original Post

Re: The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

★★ Pro

@JonTrollstein wrote:
No. If you want to navigate and avoid fights, that's fine. But that should be a risky move in an FPS game about gunfights.

The game is about winning man.   I got win on a team that had 0 kills.     I should get a special badge for that! hahaha.

But I also don't camp either.   I keep it moving and go for loot.  Either by fighting for it or taking it cleanly from unlooted zones.   And I try to get purpled out by top 5 or top 3.   If my team is not purpled out by then we played badly.

Message 21 of 47 (383 Views)

Re: The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

★★ Pro

@halo572 wrote:

For some reason online FPS players like corridors.

My reference is Battlefield 3 as I don't normally bother with online FPS any more because of how derivative they became after 2 with their tiny maps, but that has Metro and Damavand Peak.

The 'map design' in that was done with a ruler and the 'imagination' to space the flags out along the line at regular intervals.

I think Bunker is the worst place on the map and one to go around instead of through, but a lot of players love it.

The reason for that though is also bots.   meaning aim bots and wall bots.  In a map with corridors its less likely for them to be accused of cheating, compared to a wide open space.

Message 22 of 47 (382 Views)

★ Guide

This is why brs never get the same respect as other games from a competitive stand point...

My ideal br would be 

• Drop Max health
  • Drop with selected load out
  • Only heals, ammo, throwables needed as floor loot
  • Increased movement ability...somewhere between tf2 and Warframe
  • No bloom
  • No hitscan
  • No burst dmg Bs guns ( shotty )
Message 23 of 47 (359 Views)

★★ Pro

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

This is why brs never get the same respect as other games from a competitive stand point...

My ideal br would be 

• Drop Max health
  • Drop with selected load out
  • Only heals, ammo, throwables needed as floor loot
  • Increased movement ability...somewhere between tf2 and Warframe
  • No bloom
  • No hitscan
  • No burst dmg Bs guns ( shotty )

so why are you playing it?  that begs the question.

Message 24 of 47 (353 Views)

★ Apprentice
Surviving gunfights. The definition of battle royale is a fight to the death.
Message 25 of 47 (349 Views)

★ Apprentice
What other BR have you played? My complaints are the monotony of finding teams, not winning gunfights because I do that consistently, it's not being able to find enough players to kill in a match when they are getting killed off early by some other team at some other place off the map while the ring is taking it's sweet time to close.
Message 26 of 47 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You got another game you recommend that has 57 other ppl for me to try to kill in one life? I'm truly only playing apex to stay fresh in the hopes that another dev builds a apex based game with a higher skill gap and less rng.

Myth did an interesting vid on the progression of brs...I agree with him completely...the dev that makes apex legends with a higher skill gap and less rng will be the best br ever...hands down...eliminate looting...eliminate bloom...eliminate rng...allow for true tests of skill and you've got the best br...

Just take apex legends...and do the following

• Drop with preset weapons
  • Drop with Max health
  • Jack the movement to tf2 or Warframe lvl
  • Fix hitboxes
  • Rework dmg to reward skill...a siphon system for example...dmg dealt=health gained...or health on kill
  • Keep projectile system
  • Add solo/duo/quads to maximize audience
  • Add casual playlist
  • Add sbmm for ranked play
  • Add different modes like cap or tdm or search

This is how you build the best most diverse and inclusive game not out...

All they had to do was add a br mode to tf2 and it would've conquered the gaming sphere

And in case your confused on the origin of "BR"...it does not come from hunger games in which they found their weapons...it comes from a 2000 Japanese film called..."BATTLE ROYALE"...guess what? They were put in a classroom, explained the rules, and then GIVEN a bag with gear...then the free for all started...idk where this idea of looting being the core of br games came from. It dang sure wasn't from it's name sake

Message 27 of 47 (326 Views)

★ Guide

Viable, but as I have never have and will never consider cheating it never entered my head as an explanation.

In Metro it is obvious as it was all about RPG and nade spam, if you confine the playerbase to a corridor with explosives you can guarantee kills.

Although in this it seems a bit excessive to consider aimbotters target Bunker being as it is only 2 corridors in the whole map, other than maybe the beginning where players are concentrated.

Message 28 of 47 (322 Views)

★★ Guide

I think some of the problem is that half of the players in the match die in the first 30 seconds on the hotdrop which makes the mid game pretty dull. That being said though after the initial looting phase I rarely find myself looting anything else then player boxes, maybe the odd battery or medkit i see from a distance and the loot crate if its close.

Message 29 of 47 (312 Views)

★ Guide

I like engaging in fights, i don't see a point in looting like a * forever and then just die to a better squad in the last moment. I want fights, but do you actually promote this with your loot distribution system? I'm really fed up on landing and looting 3 buildings only to find attachments and maybe a Mozambique or a P2020 just so the squad that landed near us come up with Spitfires, Peacekeepers and Wingmans. Balance out the loot! It's not fun running around like an idiot with empty hands. 300 hours of patience with this game is really coming to an end, i see other BRs on Twitch and what i like about them is that you don't run around like a * without a weapon, not to mention those have MUCH less cheaters, makes me think this game is not for me with so much RNG!!! NOT FUN ANYMORE!

Message 30 of 47 (309 Views)