Re: The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

by JonTrollstein

Original Post

Re: The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

★ Apprentice

I agree on that. All my friends have stopped playing this game because of just how boring and unoptimized it is. All the friends I have made from playing this game in the first month has quitted. The loot distribution is pretty * as well. This game may have a smaller map but it has only 60 players, if respawn wants to cater to people who want to play loot simulator 2019, they can, but this game is going to fade into relative obscurity soon enough.

Message 31 of 47 (329 Views)

★ Guide

Dropped water treatment the other day and landed on the respawn side...cleared the whole left side headed toward thunderdome...I found 2 grenades some random attachments and a mozzy. I reach the thunderdome end of water treatment and run into a wraith with purple armor 301/r99...lucky she was a bot and I was her...mind you I have 0 shield and a mozzy with 5 shots left...I don't have time to loot her box and her lifeline partner comes through the door...she has blue shield and a spitfire...land 4 mozzy shots and jump kick her...I've got like 10 health left and thankfully she insta died...

Point is why am I forced into this situation? Me with no shield and a mozzy against a wraith with purple and 301/r99 combo AND a life line with blue and a spitfire? 

How in anyone's mind does this compute as anything but rng bull crap?

Message 32 of 47 (324 Views)

★★★ Guide
The more you play, the more you realize the fastest way to get good loot is by killing players.
Message 33 of 47 (320 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

Dropped water treatment the other day and landed on the respawn side...cleared the whole left side headed toward thunderdome...I found 2 grenades some random attachments and a mozzy. I reach the thunderdome end of water treatment and run into a wraith with purple armor 301/r99...lucky she was a bot and I was her...mind you I have 0 shield and a mozzy with 5 shots left...I don't have time to loot her box and her lifeline partner comes through the door...she has blue shield and a spitfire...land 4 mozzy shots and jump kick her...I've got like 10 health left and thankfully she insta died...

Point is why am I forced into this situation? Me with no shield and a mozzy against a wraith with purple and 301/r99 combo AND a life line with blue and a spitfire? 

You dropped at treatment and only found x1 gun and no armour? Really? Were there other teams there which left loot scarce?

For all the times I drop and struggle to find what I want, there are other times I can drop on great weapons/gear. Rough with the smooth imo. If you don't find good gear, avoid gunfights lol. It's simple. I've had no shields, a mozzy and one clip of ammo due to a busy drop with 3 squads, and managed to duck and dive, and wait out enemies moving on to other areas to snatch my team mates banners and respawn them (my team mates tried to fight to early and paid the price). We had great fun and banter as they watched me try and get them back in the game. These were random team mates by the way.

People just want to drop, grab great gear and fight straight away, every single time. Why? That isn't what this game is imo. It's fun, and since the new update has become more balanced and with the drop ship speed increase, squads are more spread out, and battles are easier to find without it being 7 squads all in one place lagging like hell trying to punch each other to death.

It would be boring to just drop and guarantee yourself good loot every time. That would be boring a repetitive to me.

Apex is a casual fun game imo. Trying to change it to some competitive environment will ruin it.

Message 34 of 47 (314 Views)

★★★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

Because gambling mechanics is what keeps us addicted. EA knows this very well.

Message 35 of 47 (309 Views)

★ Guide

welcome to BR.

Message 36 of 47 (293 Views)

★ Apprentice
"It would be boring to just drop and guarantee yourself good loot every time. That would be boring a repetitive to me."

It would be boring to shoot in a shooter game. This is the first time I have heard this.

Message 37 of 47 (281 Views)

★ Apprentice

So a BR only 60 players (most other games have 100 and solos), with rings closing in a year with only tick to health, but somehow a faster paced combat than most other BRs. Not sure what you are even trying to say here. 

Message 38 of 47 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@JonTrollstein wrote:
"It would be boring to just drop and guarantee yourself good loot every time. That would be boring a repetitive to me."

It would be boring to shoot in a shooter game. This is the first time I have heard this.

Lmao... Well that's some twist you put on what I said. Well done.

To quote Wraith "all that matters is being the last one alive".

If you had great weapons from the start, and everybody was in spitting distance you are playing a TDM. This game is neither a TDM or a copy of other BRs. The dropship speed increase has improved squad spread and engagements are spread more across the map which in turn, makes the mid game busier.

It sounds like you want a different game.... You may be best served finding one.

Message 39 of 47 (278 Views)

★ Apprentice
What great weapons? Every weapon other than Mozam and P2020 is viable in this game. The matter is even getting a weapon to begin with, and ones that aren't the Mozam and the P2020, their DPS is straight up trash.
Message 40 of 47 (255 Views)