Re: The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

by napalm51

Original Post

The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

★ Apprentice

The lack of weapons, running around with nothing, being encouraged to drop further. Hotdropping, the monotony of killing the squad that already killed all the other squads and then having to run five minutes before meeting the ones that dropped a little further away. Even though the mechanics of the gameplay is fastpaced, being able to sprint forever, slide, use character ability to move faster. The way the ring way works encourage looting more as a way of preparation than forcing combat just because of how slow it is. 

It feels jarring and boring. 

Message 1 of 47 (849 Views)

Re: The system in this game encourages looting over combat and that's a problem.

★★★★ Guide
Lol i think u r new to BR, right ?

Message 2 of 47 (845 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

he is not wrong

Message 3 of 47 (831 Views)

★ Pro

P2020 P2020 P2020 P2020 P2020 P2020   ANYONE WANT THE P2020    There is more weapons in the game than the P2020???????

Message 4 of 47 (820 Views)

★ Guide
its mozembaqueeeeeeeeeee :v
Message 5 of 47 (806 Views)

The mechanics of looting and combat depends fully on the player.

The user has the choice to loot or engage in combat.

If he chooses combat, he assists his team with fighting and can he help to achieve better loot.

If he chooses looting, he could devalue the synergy in the team and let them down but he will have a higher carry potential / team play potential (if he shares loot).

There is thin line between when it's better to loot and to engage in combat.
It's all depends on the player.

The fast movement helps to engage in fights as well as disengage in fights.
This can be beneficial for looting but serves little to no benefit if you avoid fire fights.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 47 (772 Views)

★ Guide
hmm so u land on hotdrop and somehow survivied and loot all the gear then go on next place where all other fighting and suddenly they all death then u loot all gear again and its repeating to the end ?
wow if that happen all matches u played , It indeed borringgggggg
Message 7 of 47 (758 Views)

★ Guide
in my case its abit different i land on hotzone and theres * no weapons -_- they all looted then i met mozambque then dead :v
Message 8 of 47 (755 Views)

★ Apprentice

Simply put, the ring should close faster and hurt more so people can stop taking their own time looting and we should be able to engage as soon as possible instead of having to actively run around looking for a fight. 

Message 9 of 47 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You're caustic, you like to inject fear and death, why you bother looting, go to the hot zone, go into a room and start trolling with your gas, boxing match, then close with a finisher. 

Caustic: I feel most alive when on the edge of death.

Caustic doesn't need a gun, ammo, shield, helmet and any of that *, you just need to smell blood and looking for death.

Message 10 of 47 (724 Views)