Re: The smg problem

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

The smg problem

★ Apprentice

SMGs on BFV feel very underpowered, to the point that at some cases they are not effective enough  even in their hometown CQB. Bear in mind that I am talking about a perspective of that of just a casual player. 9/10 times I flank someone with an smg I will win the fight (if he's alone) 4/10 times face to face the battle is lost (not to mention multiple opponents).

On  short to medium range they kind of perform decent, with a big "kind of"  I would love to read other people's opinions on that matter. Many have already expressed their concern about smgs. Without being an expert, a slight ttk buff would help the class and asap

cheers see you on the Battlefield 

Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

Well, they are already getting a slight range buff which is nice; I'm not too sure about any future CQC buffs but have you unlocked and tried all the weapon paths? Some increase the RoF while others can increase hipfire accuracy which is a huge advantage in close quarters.

IMO, SMGS would benefit more from an extended clip than they would higher damage - I find myself dying more on a reload than anything. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (304 Views)

EA DICE Team

What SMG have you tried?

I'm a big fan of the Thomson guns, I know it's the last gun to unlock for Medic. It feels very good with a high rate of fire and you can tap fire decently with it on Medium to long range.

/Atic

Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

Medic was my jam in BF1 with over 15mill points pumped into it using the M1907 Sweeper I named Makoto. With all the changes to Medic this game, and the fact the M1907 is an Assault weapon, I actually haven't unlocked the Thompson yet.

That gun has been tearing me to pieces and seems like the best final unlock out of all the classes but that damage nerf it's getting soon will be gigantic for not just the weapon, but for the class itself. 4 hit kill at best with that RoF will be interesting for sure.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)