Re: The "Favorites" System is Unfortunately a Failure, Here's Why.

by TECHound

Original Post

The "Favorites" System is Unfortunately a Failure, Here's Why.

★★ Guide

Right out of the gate, it did nothing but limit gameplay, and it is 100 percent destroyed by the removal of shared cooldowns. You are limited now to only 3 skills in combat, since if you switch your profile, your cooldowns (which are now up to 4 times longer thanks to the removal of shared cooldowns) are reset. Not only this, but removing the manual controls of squadmates make them incredibly unreliable in terms of priming/detonating. Sure, they do it, but you can't predict it or control it, so hopefully your 12 second cooldown detonator is up with they randomly decide to prime something for 3 seconds. It was a cool idea, but sooo many other things added to limit it's effectiveness made it still born. I don't see this being patched so the only solution is to hopefully learn from this mistake and not to make it in the next game. 

Message 1 of 3 (367 Views)

★ Pro

@GigaChadEnhanced wrote:

I don't see this being patched so the only solution is to hopefully learn from this mistake and not to make it in the next game. 

All they'd need to do (bare minimum) is remove the cooldown all together, so switching a profile mid-combat is viable. I would imagine not an impossible thing to do, so enough people chime in and lets get it done!

Squadmate control perhaps a bit more difficult to add after the fact, but I can live without that.

Message 2 of 3 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can't say that I agree, sure I would love it if they would just make the power CD on profile switching a straight up 5 sec, but I like that I am able to switch between set ups depending on the type of enemies I'm about to attack, Tech for Remnant and Biotics for humanoids, it ofc also helps if you can get a hold of the fusion aug that will reset all power CDs when you kill a mob, but even without the aug I have found plenty of useful situations for switching Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)