The problem with the abandon penalty in apex.

by Nomiverse

Original Post

Re: The problem with the abandon penalty in apex.

★★★ Newbie

Only people who cause rage quits think they should be enforced like this. If the leave game option is there, it’s for a very good reason. I shouldn’t be punished for it. It’s not like it’s easy to get to, you have to go out of your way to get it, unless you’re completely dead, and banning players who leave at that point is stupid. I’m here to play not watch tv. 

Message 11 of 51 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Absolutely agree. It is frustrating having to sit there when you know someone has run off and left you. Got remap ban for the first time today after quitting ranked match following 5 drops in a row being abandoned. I am not a good player but keep getting put in matches with team mates (in the absolute loosest sense of the word) three ranks above me where I am not surprised I am just left behind. Either the matching system is broken or you need to reward people more for a rescue and resplendent.

Message 12 of 51 (1,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"YoU'rE jUsT tOxIc" L O L the fact that I have to be basically benched for removing myself from a TERRIBLE random team when they don't even remotely try to grab my banner is whats toxic around here.. no hell in way am I going to wait until my teammates get killed / win just to play another round..  penalty is ridiculous.. 

Message 13 of 51 (1,184 Views)

★★★★ Novice

if you are that god damn stupid to play the game then why are you playing in the first place, you're ruining the game for other player, you are just make them die

Message 14 of 51 (1,162 Views)

★★★★ Novice

all people here complaints about being left behind, you guys should not play ranked in the firsts place, is ranked, if you're god damn bad at this game then don't play, you're making people lose their game bacause of you stupidity and lack of gaming skills...

Message 15 of 51 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got hit with one... and the only reason I quit was because I died in ranked and BOTH my teammates had been afk since the beginning of the match.Yeah I guess I should’ve just sat there and watched two people stand around for 10 min

Message 16 of 51 (1,102 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@wopquay412 You would have gotten loss forgiveness but instead you wanted to lose double rp lol.
Message 17 of 51 (1,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I agree for leaver team mate but the coding sometime backfire i got disconnected by server and cannot rejoin last game, next i got penalty cause the server problem. Or if you already lose or you banner cannot be respawn cause time out but you cannot quit properly cause lag either you close aplication or turn off the console you still get penalty.

Message 18 of 51 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@StrangerHero13 Agreed, just happened to me. Dced and I cant get back in, so I thought I'd go firing range and that got blocked.
Message 19 of 51 (972 Views)

★★ Guide

I was playing a ranked match, my teammates were a duo, they pinged a drop spot, i went there, they did not. They dropped elsewhere and died, i managed to kill the team, get their banners and got them to a respawn beacon, as they were spawning in they said :you suck" and quit.  These people are why all modes need a leaver penalty. Even a reduced penalty for normal modes would be acceptable.

Message 20 of 51 (945 Views)