Re: The pathfinder nerf has been a LONG time coming

by IAmTheMeddler

Original Post

The pathfinder nerf has been a LONG time coming

The abuse of this legend over the time this game has been out  has been unacceptable and the way the player base uses him especially the mains shouldnt be surprised this happened. Now all of a sudden allot of you dont know how to play the game anymore Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (558 Views)

Champion

I wouldn't call it abuse lol, the function was put in the game intentionally. If you give a legend far superior mobility to other legends from the get go, it's only natural people are going to capitalize on it. 

The player base wasn't at fault for effectively using a powerful legend, it was the shortsighted development of the legend that caused the problem....if you want to call it a problem.

Pathfinders wonky hitbox was always a greater issue for me than his mobility....and that got fixed for the most part so yeah. Either way what's done is done and repeatedly reiterating the same points in different topics isn't really productive lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (546 Views)

★★★★ Pro

His pickrate will go down some, but there will still be a good amount of skilled players using him. And when people continue to get outplayed by Path, they will claim he is still broken and OP. The complainers will keep the pattern going and they will nerf Path again. Watch.

Message 3 of 10 (503 Views)

★★ Pro
I mean, he has no competition for mobility, so he's still almost a must pick if you're running a defensive type of team.
Message 4 of 10 (493 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm just over here laughing at all of the Pathfinder mains crying because they can't abuse his grapple mid-fight as easily to escape fights that they should not have been able to escape.

Pathfinder is still useful, just much more balanced and in-line with all the other legends now.

Message 5 of 10 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

People just need to stragtegize more when using a pathfiner, or start using the Ult more.

Personally I don't think any Legend(s) should have a 35 sec cool off time. It's just way too long in the first place, 27 - 30 sec should be the highest for any legend(s).

With pathfinder I used him a couple of times already and I can honestly say that 30 sec would be a perfect area for his grapple. If he grapples in to a fight he shouldn't be allowed to exit the battle with ease.

If you know what you're doing you should be able to get out if their is still one enemy standing,  while the other two enemies are knocked.

Also the 30 sec cool down slows him down from out chasing legends that  had a clear head start. I can't coun't how many times Ive been chased down when having at least 40 - 50m head start on a pathfinder only to hear his grapple right behind me while the Beast of the hunt mode is on for bloodhound. This should never happen IMO, even when I use Octane a path finder can catch a octane with the old cool down times.

Message 6 of 10 (439 Views)

★ Guide

Wraith needs to be nerfed more she is still over picked.

Message 7 of 10 (403 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't think she's overpicked because she's OP, I think she is because she's 'cool' and edgy.

She's fairly balanced at the moment.

Message 8 of 10 (369 Views)

★★★ Expert

I never understood how people had issues with Pathfinder.

He's huge, just shoot him, if he runs, kill his teammates and end the game for him that way.

It's easy.

Message 9 of 10 (359 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@KelRiever But the devs have made it clear that they don’t want any one legend to be picked significantly more than others— this is why the Path nerf was 35 seconds and not something more reasonable like 27-30 seconds. They were sort of making a statement.

Respawn VERY clearly wantS people to stop picking Wraith and Pathfinder so you actually can expect the nerfs to keep coming if their pickrate remains high. Players are tired of seeing and getting outplayed by players using these Legends (even if they aren’t OP), so they will continue to complain and that will prompt nerfs.
Message 10 of 10 (348 Views)