The one big take away I'm getting from this event

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

The one big take away I'm getting from this event

Just how out of hand cheating has become. I'm well over 30 evacs so I'm messing around a bit. I've been dropping the extreme far side of the map. No shadow in their right mind would go there to look for me. I'll be inside of a building and one comes straight at me. It's fairly apparent they are using some type of hack that gives them the location of all players. 

There was another instance in which I was camping under a very small crawl space under a bridge (in the area where gauntlet was placed) I had a shadow come straight at me keep in mind I was only inches from the edge of the ring and had been sitting there for well over 5 minutes so there is no way he saw me go there.

I had another instance in which I was standing on top of a door inside a building. The shadow lands outside the door and comes straight at me. I was completely out of his line of sight. He comes straight at me.. There is no way he knew my location, none.. The majority of the building outside of circle. Yet he just happened to know I was there and to fly straight there? Come on..

What's making it even worse, those who could/would cheat know they can't be reported. So they are abusing the heck out of it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 9 (557 Views)

Re: The one big take away I'm getting from this event

★★★★★ Guide

It made me realise there are guys who can heal basically instantly.

Message 2 of 9 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex It made me see how slow running in this game is and Octane’s just a small child in comparison to my shadow...
Message 3 of 9 (492 Views)

★★★ Expert

I've also hidden under the crawlspace under that bridge just south of Gauntlet, and was found by passing shadows as well.

And I was there for barely a minute.

I don't think this is evidence of anything, bear in mind that those players have played on King's Canyon for over 6 months. They know every rat spot and trick, like standing on doors. They also have greatly increaed FOV, and since you light up bright red, they easily see you on the periphery of the screen when they walk through a doorway.

Try playing as shadow sometime, it's easy to find players.

Message 4 of 9 (448 Views)

@Wingmannedbro I would understand that in certain instances. I've run the map quite a bit as a shadow. I don't need the 25 evacs anymore, so I'm typically just messing around. Some of the time I just run the map trying to kill as many legends as possible. I'll intentionally kill myself when I drop from the ship so I can run as a demon the entire game. Now other times I'll run the map as a legend and look for teabagging friendlies who want help. If they follow me I'll get them on the drop ship via a portal. I'll also get them all the loot they need (best guns for this mode, purple shields and so on). I also get bored and run around as caustic gassing all the camped Wattsons I can find.

That said these locations are not places I should be noticed and I'm not visible unless you're looking. I have also killed 5+ shadows ran into a building and climbed up on a door to "disappear" proceeded to watch 6+ shadows run right by me and not notice me standing on top of the door. Yet some of these players drop right in and know you're standing on top of the door from their drop.. It's easy to tell when they are just checking those locations. It's easy to tell when they know you're there based on hacks. When it's checking those locations there is a lot of running involved and the shadows movement clearly shows a search and destroy play. The hacker comes straight at you without any searching despite the fact that you are concealed.

Prime example I was hiding just on the edge of ring inside a building at airbase. The ring was almost up to the door. The demon/shadow drops in at an angle in which he would not have been able to see me. I could hear the direction he was flying. He then comes straight for me. He then PM's to harass me about it. He claimed he saw my foot hanging outside the building. I tried it with a friend just to see if I could see my friends foot. You can't see the foot. He was clearly running some type of hack.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 9 (439 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@WingmannedbroI would understand that in certain instances. I've run the map quite a bit as a shadow. I don't need the 25 evacs anymore, so I'm typically just messing around. Some of the time I just run the map trying to kill as many legends as possible. I'll intentionally kill myself when I drop from the ship so I can run as a demon the entire game. Now other times I'll run the map as a legend and look for teabagging friendlies who want help. If they follow me I'll get them on the drop ship via a portal. I'll also get them all the loot they need (best guns for this mode, purple shields and so on). I also get bored and run around as caustic gassing all the camped Wattsons I can find.

That said these locations are not places I should be noticed and I'm not visible unless you're looking. I have also killed 5+ shadows ran into a building and climbed up on a door to "disappear" proceeded to watch 6+ shadows run right by me and not notice me standing on top of the door. Yet some of these players drop right in and know you're standing on top of the door from their drop.. It's easy to tell when they are just checking those locations. It's easy to tell when they know you're there based on hacks. When it's checking those locations there is a lot of running involved and the shadows movement clearly shows a search and destroy play. The hacker comes straight at you without any searching despite the fact that you are concealed.

Prime example I was hiding just on the edge of ring inside a building at airbase. The ring was almost up to the door. The demon/shadow drops in at an angle in which he would not have been able to see me. I could hear the direction he was flying. He then comes straight for me. He then PM's to harass me about it. He claimed he saw my foot hanging outside the building. I tried it with a friend just to see if I could see my friends foot. You can't see the foot. He was clearly running some type of hack.

I've had the exact stuff happen to me on PS4 tho, no hacks. You even said it in this reply, they wouldn't know you're there unless they are looking. 

Which they are doing, and they know literally every hiding spot and trick, like standing on doors.

Any chances you had killed a shadow recently before being found? It's kinda the design of the game mode that shadows can see you from the sky from a mile away, and find you with ease.

Message 6 of 9 (387 Views)

★ Pro

I think it's even simpler than that. OP is clearly underestimating how brightly lit legends are for shadows. And the shining effect is even more prominent while far away (e.g., flying down). You may think you're well hidden, but in reality you may be shining like a beacon through a tiny crack in the ceiling.

Message 7 of 9 (360 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Legit question when discussing hacks and what not. What kind of set up are you running? 

I recently upgraded our house to new gaming monitors with capabilities above and beyond what the PS4 can handle, 120 FPS 1ms lags etc and the difference in visual clarity in Apex for both my son and I are astounding. We were playing on Toshiba 60 and 54" flat panels prior to this and both agree with upgrading to actual monitors how much we were missing on the flat panels. 

Just food for thought, not saying it is what you are seeing. But we have both been landing better shots dealing about 20% more damage per game on average and easily being able to distinguish enemies in normal modes and in Fright or flight if you are playing as a shadow can clearly see enemies in any building.(There are enough cracks to see your glow from pretty much any angle)

And much like previous posters have stated we lived in KC for 6 months. There is no little rat hole that we haven't used or found someone hiding in.

Personally I play 1 game of Fright or flight and I am done so I know I am not going to get the challenges done.

If I want this kind of game play I can go play COD zombies. Hats off to the devs though for trying something new.

Message 8 of 9 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I find it funny that I have never, and I mean absolutely never been caught when I was camping... (we mostly did it don’t deny it) in one of my several spots. Whenever a circle was where I wanted it to be, I just looted quickly, went to my spot and just walked away from my screen since I never got caught xD.

I basically went to three such spots where I knew I’d be safe if I didn’t want engagement. So you guys’ spots suck! XD
Message 9 of 9 (346 Views)