The official Matchmaking blog post

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Re: The official Matchmaking blog post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Respawn made some bad choices over the time. But this one takes the cake!

Message 61 of 239 (2,249 Views)

★★ Guide
@hayhor Its funny you say that, its exactly what i did last night, had 2 "normal" games Standard smile
Message 62 of 239 (2,230 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Reads like - Hello, we are cluless, Matchmaking is * but it will be even worse, enjoy and fu fr

Message 63 of 239 (2,220 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@buffett78 They did explain why it was * before though. Now we get new and improved - now extra * * :D
Message 64 of 239 (2,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

"When the matchmaker is trying to form a match, it grabs 60 available players of similar skill and tries to form a match"
Srsly, nobody by now believes that crap anymore, or Respawns definition of similar is very very broad.

also bcs : "There’s always a range of skills in your match." sound very contradicting to me ?!?!
"However, this skill gap should still not be large because we limit the range of skills in each match."
muahahah, that was a good one. how is it possible to outperform your mates tenfold if the gap isnt that large ?a lvl 50 with 10 kills is clearly not the same skill bucket as lvl "3000" with over 5K kills on the legend, but the system keeps dealing me those consistently.
"To be fair, the following is not exactly what happens in the actual algorithm, since we also need to consider queue times and other variables outside of skill rating. "
What are those other variables ? I would love to know ... this only opens the doors for speculation about it beig rigged.
"This number is intentionally hidden from players to avoid exploitation."
Aha, other games seem to have no problem with telling your skill rating  ... must be some hell of a system that can be exploited by one number.
Afaik the ELO of every tournament chessplayer is known, and i never heard of wide spread exploitation there.
"In combination, the effects above can certainly give the impression we are intentionally doing “big brother matchmaking”"
im still not convinced that this is not the case, with all the contradiction and hidden values playing into the whole thing.

Message 65 of 239 (2,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

_20230123_000044.JPG

Well, I've just been afc'ing for the last 10-15 percent while face palm'ing. I was like, bruh, how are we losing, I'm out here MnK-style movement on controller, PK'ing people in the face. My guess would be because kl on their team has as many kills as my 8 teammates put together. Love the balanced mm.

Update: We lost.

Message 66 of 239 (2,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@r1ggedgameThey aren't going to tell you that. I want to know what they consider in the skill rating calculation. Not gonna happen.

1/25:  Did they revert any test region changes or is the current Collection Event geared towards the Chinese New Year just pulling in all sorts of cracked or cheating players?  Holy hell the matchmaking went into the toilet in the last few days!!!

Message 67 of 239 (2,026 Views)

Have they changed squad matchmaking again?

I played about 15 rounds last night and in 8 of them, my two squadmates were downed in less than 1 second of gunfire and did close to 0 damage. All 16 of them would have had a combined damage of under 100. The worst squadmates I have ever had. It wasn't like this last week or the week before.

Message 68 of 239 (1,895 Views)

Champion

An interesting take- 

https://youtu.be/Y8ZvbEt3afo

Message 69 of 239 (1,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, but explain how i play casually with a level 200 and one level 100. With their highest rank ever being Gold. Mine been like diamond 4 one time. Playing against full stacked preds? and getting stomped 10 games in a row by masters. * behind this game.

Message 70 of 239 (1,826 Views)