Re: The numbers just don't add up

by cobrakev98

Original Post

The numbers just don't add up

★★ Apprentice

I have no idea what the problem is with your hit detection/sync issues but it's still a big damn problem. I played the crap outta this game when it first came out but after a month the game got really frustrating with the damage being done. WAY TOO INCONSISTENT! I recently came back to play with a buddy at the start of season 2 and fell in love with the game again. Forgot why I stopped playing it. After 3/4 weeks I see again why I stopped and you haven't fixed a damn thing. Now I have numbers to show the bs. Im chasing a Pathfinder with a havoc doing damage as he tries to run away. Reloaded 3 times and hit him with 15 + bullets as he's ducking, weaving, and grappling until a teammate of his shoots me in the back and im just sitting there like how the hell did he not die???? I look at your numbers. Only 10 registered including a headshot for 169 and he has no armor. WE JUST DROPPED NEXT TO EACHOTHER. He didnt heal while i was chasing him. Nothing. After my teammates die right away I spectate him to see he has about 10% health left. These numbers don't add up. I was short changed on how many times I hit him and went over his hp total yet he lives??? This is why you can't take any game seriously that can only produce 30-60 tick servers. Sooo inconsistent. I might as well go play some COD if I want inconsistent gun play. Now I know why I stopped playing.

Message 1 of 13 (654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Noticed the exact same thing multiple times, the numbers are flying across the screen but somehow the guy lives as if he has 300+ hp

Message 2 of 13 (584 Views)

★ Pro
@44xCaliberx44 No lie here
Message 3 of 13 (550 Views)

★ Guide

i just had a match  where I hit a guy with half a magazine with a RE-45 . take cover to reload   then hit him with another half a magazine .  I register 1 hit with a peacekeeper and im dead. On the damage log of death screen it shows he hit me 4 times with the peacekeeper and 1 damage from RE-45 for 39 dmg .... this game is a joke people that say its great and defend it have no knowledge of good games.

Message 4 of 13 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@44xCaliberx44 May be hackers? I have experienced some funny s. too...
Message 5 of 13 (533 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@cobrakev98 wrote:

i just had a match  where I hit a guy with half a magazine with a RE-45 . take cover to reload   then hit him with another half a magazine .  I register 1 hit with a peacekeeper and im dead. On the damage log of death screen it shows he hit me 4 times with the peacekeeper and 1 damage from RE-45 for 39 dmg .... this game is a joke people that say its great and defend it have no knowledge of good games.

I'm noticing the same thing, and I actually believe the death summary. I think that is showing what the game knows happened, which then points the finger at lag, and a huge latency/server issue.

It's becoming a bit demoralising tbh, and this is coming from somebody who has defended the game up until this point in the belief that Respawn would get this right in the end. It's not improving though.

Message 6 of 13 (506 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Video of gunfight or it didn’t happen 

Message 7 of 13 (448 Views)

★★ Apprentice

lol this * guy ^

it's happening a lot...use your math

Message 8 of 13 (413 Views)

★★★★ Pro

People getting regular reliable hitreg are suspect.  Every once in a while I get a game everything works as it should but it is rare.  Most the times with 15 ping no less I get hosed buy their bunk server performance and netcode.

Message 9 of 13 (396 Views)

★★ Pro

@neillkorey wrote:

Video of gunfight or it didn’t happen 

https://youtu.be/ZhV2uKS2IX0

Message 10 of 13 (371 Views)