The now Scrapped Content of BfN (includes damage fall-off)

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

The now Scrapped Content of BfN (includes damage fall-off)

★★★★ Expert

https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Plants_vs._Zombies:_Battle_for_Neighborville/Concepts

This PvZ fandom page gives us a look at everything that was found in the game's data, ranging from Super Bean as a playable character and Iceburg Lettuce, to core mechanics like damage fall-off. There were so many Legendary Upgrades and a gnome tag character in the pipeline. Seeing all of this awesome content that never will be released is saddening.

Message 1 of 11 (907 Views)

Re: The now Scrapped Content of BfN (includes damage fall-off)

★ Pro
@benn1nat0r That's a lot of unused content right there! At this point, I'm just hoping that their next game will be even better with all development going to their next project. I think multitasking GW2 and BFN development really hindered them and made both games not really perform well into their ends.

In conclusion, let's hope this abrupt ending will bring a much better game for us to enjoy, PvZ or not, let's have an amazing game!
Message 2 of 11 (899 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon Yes, there is unused content en masse. The sad thing is that most of it is either finished or close to being finished Frown.
As you said, it would be great if we could get another PvZ shooter.
Considering that the BfN team is working on a new non-PvZ game, it seems unlikely, though. Even if they announced they would continue to support BfN or make another shooter, they would have to task another team with making it. It would be unfair to the devs who worked so hard on all of this content that now will never see the light of day.
Message 3 of 11 (895 Views)

★★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Wow. Not gonna lie, the future of this game looked amazing. It's sad to think how excited I was for all this stuff about a month ago, and now we know it's likely never coming... I do sincerely hope the petition does something to help in this regard. If there's anything to learn from this article, it's that the game was not doomed and still had lots of potential! Thank you for sharing this!
Message 4 of 11 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@benn1nat0rthey really should have went with dropoff when they first addressed it back in the early months. And apparently scientist does less damage at close range? I heard of this before but wasn't sure it was true. Thats hilarious and annoying
I was more excited for Berry Brigade than iceberg lettuce. I thought it was a cool concept to be able to control what is kind of like multiple characters in one, and it could be an actual TANK! Doesnt look like anything was mentioned about phase 3 ops? Thanks for sharing anyway. Its too bad some of this stuff didn't get the chance to be finished and released, but i think it would have taken a really long time for that to come out. New content was pretty scarce 

Message 5 of 11 (825 Views)

★ Guide

"In conclusion, let's hope this abrupt ending will bring a much better game for us to enjoy, PvZ or not, let's have an amazing game!"

There will be no more follow-up to PVZ:BFN. The franchise will live on as an app, but it's dead as a console shooter for the foreseeable future.

Message 6 of 11 (819 Views)

★★ Pro

Every cloud has a silver lining.. at least Bomber Run never saw the light of day 🤣

Message 7 of 11 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Its a feature that should have been in on day one and is just another reason this game flopped.

Message 8 of 11 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@themightylaymanImo the franchise is dead on consoles and all the devs have been moved around or left, alongside with popcap Vancouver being changed to work on other franchises with a new name and devs

I know its pessimistic but with the soon to be flop of pvz 3, I thinks its honestly safe to say pvz is dead and bfn/3 killed it.

Message 9 of 11 (782 Views)

★ Expert
@benn1nat0r Most of what I see would further break chars, such as 4 warps for scientist...oh dear.
Message 10 of 11 (772 Views)