Re: The next patch is only coming in Early November

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

The next patch is only coming in Early November

★★ Pro

Thats really frustrating, we only get patchs per month. The Founders was pretty useless being honest.

Message 1 of 8 (586 Views)

★★★ Guide
@GutmanSca I don't feel like it was useless. I got 70+ hours of entertainment, saved $10, and got a head start on the hoi polloi.

It's a bit worrying if they're going to release the game before the next patch. With apologies to @Iron_Guard8 who made this observation in another thread, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
Message 2 of 8 (566 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So, almosm whole freakin month of random loading freezes ahead? Just great, i should spread the word not to buy game atleast next patch.... 

Message 3 of 8 (511 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GutmanSca Wait so they are waiting until way after launch to fix horrible major bugs? Balance aside, which is also terrible right now, this seems like an extremely poor idea. Whats the point of founders edition if nothing is actually gettint fixed before launch. Ugh. This is going to scare away so many potential players.
Message 4 of 8 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There are things that can wait but they really need to address the serious issues like crashing, freezing, and lag before it goes live or this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Message 5 of 8 (447 Views)

★ Guide

Let's call it at it is, the game in its current state is just not ready to be released yet. It still feels highly unpolished and I am afraid the (deserved) rather bad reviews, especially concerning the PvP, will indeed scare away many potential buyers Frown 

Message 6 of 8 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I don't understand PopCap. Is it that difficult to release at least weekly hotfixes?  Many players won't give BfN a second chance if it's not properly working in the very beginning.
It reminds me of No Man's Sky. Today it's a good game but many players do not know it since they just refunded the game.

Edit: Of course I was talking about No Man's Sky not No Man's Land😁

Message 7 of 8 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ippig  That's a big part of what I made that huge post the other day. No Man's Sky has recovered and is pretty good now, but it had a rough go of it. I really wish they'd get some patching done now, at least to critical issues before release, not every game can recover from a bad launch. If new players come in and get serious performance issues, they may well leave. Balance and QoL can be patched in and games that are much older are still getting balance patches today, but if you keep crashing, freezing up, or otherwise unable to play, you're likely to just give up.

Message 8 of 8 (341 Views)