Re: The next Mass Effect game?

by cilxec

Original Post

The next Mass Effect game?

★★ Novice

This has been done before and I know there’s already rumours about where it’ll be, but for Pete’s sake BioWare please continue the story of the Ryder’s. Yeah sure how the game was on  release was horrible and the PR surrounding it the following months was a shambles and an absolute wreck. Do not under any circumstances give up on the andromeda galaxy trilogy, it has a ton of potential, you scrap it (probably already have but eff it) it will always haunt you guys. We want a new game, what we wanted from andromeda was real proper closure to Shepard’s story, we want to know if they survived or were wiped out. We liked andromeda, the launch execution was horrible and the studio was erroneously closed. Just don’t give up on andromeda we want more andromeda and closure for Shepard that’s all.

Message 1 of 4 (1,119 Views)

@sawyer95 I agree that Andromeda left a few story arcs unfinished. And yeah, it would be nice to see those story arcs closed (we already know that a DLC with what happened with the quarian ark was supposed to be developed for MEA, but due to the poor reception it was cancelled). 

I've played MEA after the final patch came out and i think that the now defunct Bioware Montreal did okay in ironing many of the launch issues. Sure, they could have done more if they were allowed to, but after all the ruckus created by the media and the fans...the end was predictible. But EA said that the franchise is only postponed for now, but not entirely cancelled. I guess that we will find out more after the DA4 release and we will see if EA decide to let Bioware Edmonton to take another chance with the ME franchise (fingers crossed).  Of course, a lot will depend of the DA4 sales. 

For what is worth, i've enjoyed my time with Andromeda. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (1,067 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, MEA still has a ton of potential and its valuable franchise so they shouldnt give up on the IP. There are a lot of things to like about it, with the rpg system really standing out and the open world ME needed for a long time.

As for the end of the original trilogy, it needs to be left ambiguous. The point was you choose how it ended, so a canon ending would negate all the player choices made. Remember: the initiative went from being a exploratory mission to be one of survival. If the milky way races were to survive theyre not going to contact the initiative for fear of the reapers finding out. And given the reapers have all the time and patience, going to andromeda to wipe out the species is an easy thing for them. Without protheon knowledge, the initiative stands no chance. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"We liked andromeda" I'm sorry to say the game is a garbage fire EA wants to go away. How many DLC did you make for this again? They cut corners in too many important places during development and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to kill the entire series after this. Why? They want to make money and couldn't care less about what you or I want. They found their new cash cow APEX and are going to extort the pay to win strategy to make their stock go up. Don't kid yourself, the stock holders are their "customers" Consider the target age range for APEX; kids who have access to money and don't remember the history of the publisher as they were too young. They will always have a healthy stock of new kids free of the bad PR influence of their prior generation. You and I are no longer the target market. The same thing happened to Bethsoft. I wouldn't  raise an eyebrow if the next move was to buy them.

Message 4 of 4 (981 Views)